Using 2 profiles at once

• I have to agree, I find this forum very helpful and in general pretty friendly. I also have read things that do sound a bit condescending, but not hateful. I also recognize you have people here from all over the world( some using translation software) and their culture and humor may be different then my own, and don't take offence to things that are sometimes said often in jest. :D

• Shamalama,

(assuming you are still involved)

If the personal behavior of people who own a product influences your decision to buy it, you will never buy ANYTHING if you read the Forum of ANY product.

I've owned just about every brand name of high end guitar gear at some point, and I've personally seen that EVERY internet forum has dominant personalities, and EVERY internet forum has frequent posters, and SOME of those people post from a defensive perspective, but do it in an aggressive way.

Of course, it is not just guitar gear:

"Us vs. Them" is a valuable human instinct, when survival is truly an issue. It does not go away, even when the hierarchy of need is at the level of Self Actualization. We ALL do it, on some level, on some subject.

If you don't have a practical use, or artistic need for one of these boxes, the personal behavior of strangers may be what little it takes to decide not to buy one.

Regardless of all of the above:

If you don't end up with a Kemper, enjoy whatever you already own, or will eventually buy. :)

• I once had a thread where I asked why the KPA has "so little RAM" and some people blasted me for that slight.

If I had worded it like "Isn't RAM cheap, can the KPA be upgraded?" which gets to the answers without seeming to put the KPA down.

That said, a lot of good replies. Some of the higher posted people here have been very kind to me when I was frustrated, wise to me when I needed advice on steering away from a bad thread, etc.

It's a good lot. Give 'em a chance!

• Shamalama,

(assuming you are still involved)

If the personal behavior of people who own a product influences your decision to buy it, you will never buy ANYTHING if you read the Forum of ANY product.

not every product has a forum with a super moderator who goes around defending a product anytime even the *slightest* criticism is issued
    like i said before, giant red flag
    posted the links already if you dont know what im talking about
    i buy lots of gear and do lots of research first on the expensive stuff, and my research here has led me to believe kemper should think about trying something else with their forum because you turned me and probably a lot of other people off

"i had a problem profiling my pedal"
    "ok im the super moderator im going to be a condescending jackass to you because thats really good customer service"

"i had a problem profiling my pedal"
    "i have 100,000 pedal profiles and ive never had a problem, my kemper makes me breakfast in the morning"
    it's a red flag because if a product is great it doesn't need constant defending and propping-up. lots of people are having issues and they are basically getting treated like poo. once again, i link to fuzz pedal not profiled during amp profiling i mean this is just embarrassing treatment, if i was in any sort of supervision position at kemper i would post in that thread and also put an end to that crap. you dont treat someone who spent 2k+ on your product like they are an idiot.

get the 2 profiles at once going and i will come back and buy one regardless of who is saying what here

• I find the kemper forum very friendly and tolerant compared to some other gear forums.
    We can discuss different opinions and disagree here in a civil manner without any fear of censorship, banning or deleted threads like on TGP or the Fractal forum. Thankfully this is not a hard controlled "Chinese censor style" forum.

• I've read every one of your 8 posts.

First, in each of your two new threads, DocLine6Forum answered you amazingly
    well. So well, one of his comments are being put into the wiKPA!

Then viabcroce said: "The issue has been discussed ad
    nauseam
    , Kemper have never commented on this."

And since then, you've misread him and flipped. You. Misread. And Flipped.

viabroce merely meant, if you read that sentence, that this discussion has a

long history and Kemper has been silent on it. Nothing aimed at you, no harm meant.

And Doc even said so, but you keep at it. CHILL dude. And learn.

These guys know what they are talking about and are not bringing an attitude.

• And in none of my posts was I talking about any of the guys you are talking about. Don freaking Peterson dude. Hello?

Using stompbox (fuzz, compression, eq) profiles

Hey look no problems here

fuzz pedal not profiled during amp profiling

Hey look i belittle customers because im awesome

Didnt think it was really that hard to figure out who i was talking about, but there you go homeslice.

• Hey shamalama,

the idea that you were referring (also) to me came quite easy, since in post #8 of this thread you quoted my "The issue has been discussed ad nauseam" line, to which you replied "Oh wow. Sorry. Really.".
    So, no surprise that all the forum (me included) got it that way.

As db correctly pointed out, "subject discussed ad nauseam" was not referred to your post(s), but to the fact that, while we've been investigating the same issue since years, we've never got any feedback from Mothership (BTW, I don't criticize them for this: it's a strategic attitude I can share).

All I could answer to give you as much help as I could was to explain the reasons why it might not be likely to happen (I'm referring of course to the double profile management). Please believe I had nothing against you, and apologize if I might have sounded aggressive. Really, no attitude from me.

Please believe that some music-related technical forums around are much more aggressive towards the newbies who don't do homework (i.e., who don't read the whole threads before posting a question). This is not to justify anything, it's just to say that this forum is not in the high rank when it comes to "0 tolerance".

Peace

• Perhaps we all need to step back and take a look at how we react, and then recalibrate our responses. I know that I personally have found this forum to be incredibly helpful, and the community as a whole have been very friendly. However, perhaps we sometimes forget that this is a varied set of individuals, each with his/her own perspective. Shamalama, I hope you hang around ...

Hey shamalama,

Recently I had a discussion here related to the KPA manuals updating and a lot of people attacked and criticized me without any serious reason.

I wondered, because otherwise allmost all of them are very, very helpfull, kind people, but at that moment everyone was so nervous. Maybe because of the waiting for the new update.

It hurt me, but I survived.

Finally, after a lot of unusable debates on the forum I have taked my guitar and I was started to play about 5 hours continuosly on my favorite rig in my lovely Kemper.....
    ............And I must to say You that I have realized again, that for me the sound responsiveness and quality is the most important, not the unnecessary writing........., even if I was right. :D

So if You want to admit my advise: not waste your time on disputes, but rather play your guitar. :) ....and if You have the possibility, try the KPA! 8)

Thanks to this nice sounding little box I realized that deep down in my soul, I am still a musician rather than a writer. :)
    Even if I have a book published in hungarian...... ;)

Long live rock,n,roll!

• Hey shamalama,

the idea that you were referring (also) to me came quite easy, since in post #8 of this thread you quoted my "The issue has been discussed ad nauseam" line, to which you replied "Oh wow. Sorry. Really.".
    So, no surprise that all the forum (me included) got it that way.

yes, you are right. in the post that i quote you in, i was referring to you.

let's continue with the micromanagement of discourse and let's keep arguing about petty crap in this thread, instead of thinking about the larger issues with whats going on here that i have been trying to raise. let's continue with that some more.

• "i had a problem profiling my pedal"
    "i have 100,000 pedal profiles and ive never had a problem, my kemper makes me breakfast in the morning"
    it's a red flag because if a product is great it doesn't need constant defending and propping-up. lots of people are having issues and they are basically getting treated like poo. once again, i link to fuzz pedal not profiled during amp profiling i mean this is just embarrassing treatment, if i was in any sort of supervision position at kemper i would post in that thread and also put an end to that crap. you dont treat someone who spent 2k+ on your product like they are an idiot.

Edited.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• Sahamalama: I understand where this is coming from, dude, and this has nothing to do with multiple profiles,
    nor is it the forum members' fault.
    The company side of things here really is shamefully disrespectful and it's a pity.

It kept me from buying a Kemper for a long time. I asked about it on another forum and was assured that CK stands behind his product with constant updates and moderation -

what they didn't say is that by 'stands behind' they mean 'protect', the constant updates are for CK and not the users and moderation means belittling people.

Sorry guys, i know two of you are here - it's not personal and i don't think you did it intentionally, but i'm frankly very disappointed with CK and the team.

Eventually i caved in simply because of high resale value - and the truth is the product is great, fairly stable, very flexible and in time i assume Kemper will have most things fixed - but for the time being, it's perfectly functional.

Moreover, the forum is absolutely great and the guys here are fantastic

:thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• The company side of things here really is shamefully disrespectful and it's a pity.

It kept me from buying a Kemper for a long time. I asked about it on another forum and was assured that CK stands behind his product with constant updates and moderation -
    what they didn't say is that by 'stands behind' they mean 'protect', the constant updates are for CK and not the users and moderation means belittling people.

Please explain this for me?
    I've been a member here for more than 6 months and I can't remember ever noticed anything close to what you are describing, what have I missed?

• Please explain this for me?
    I've been a member here for more than 6 months and I can't remember ever noticed anything close to what you are describing, what have I missed?

I've been here for more than a year now and I've seen this "protection" against any criticism.

• Please explain this for me?

The worst case i've seen personally here was of CK intervening in a thread to discuss some physics related comment that a user brought up, then bluntly ignoring said user when he diverted the thread back to it's original topic, which was the availability of a feature in a future update.
    That was just plain rude.

Then there's the "1.60 FW sound issues " thread. Customer service people quoted for what CK was saying there would have been fired.

Also, Pacocito has mentioned a certain fuzz profiling thread. Regardless of whether you agree or not, he has been left feeling maltreated by the team, which shouldn't happen.

Honestly, the forum is rife with examples. Criticism isn't limited to responding to claims about the quality of modeling - the KPA sounds great, there's hardly an argument about that -
    but Kemper's responsibilty is also for updates and customer support, at which he is reeeeally screwing the pooch, so to say.

Bear my post count in mind. I'm a total newbie.
    I've been browsing these forums for much longer than that, but not as frequently.
    Maybe it's a recent affair - i sure hope so - but that doesn't change what i feel about the situation and doesn't ease my mind about the longevity of my KPA.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

Edited 3 times, last by Quitty ().

• People, being essentially selfish, value others who have something to offer them.

Those offerings may be:
    -Advice
    -Problem Solving
    -Profiles
    -Personal Experience in a setting (ie live performance, recording, mic placement)
    -etc

And the more you personally give to others, the more they value you and give back to you and dismiss YOUR faults. That's true of your marriage, workplace, or friendships.

If instead, you give nothing, ask for things, and criticize others, well, others will eventually shun you.

As I once overheard it said: "People don't typically tell you what they don't like about you, they just don't invite you to the party"

I have seen more bitterness and attitude in the posts of this thread than anything I've read from moderators.

The IDEAL solution is to be an example yourself of what you most desire of other forum members. (help, understanding, no attitude, etc)
    Otherwise, you become yourself what you say is wrong about this forum.

And therefore lose all credibility in your complaint.

• Only one problem with your analogy - I'm not selling a product, I haven't sold an expensive product.

I could be the world's biggest a-hole and it doesn't make anyone else less of an a-hole.

Keep deflecting, though.

• You have a choice.

You can make the forum, something you are complaining about, a better place.

Or a worse place. And you choose the latter. At this point, you're clearly trolling so I'm outta here...