Clean up my profile's repository on RigExchange.

• Not all profiles sound great with all guitars/pickups combinations and some which are fine for a lot of people do not work for me.
    But below 3 stars i decided that there was probably something wrong so i will delete mines after a couple of month.
    And you?

• Im not entirely sure the rating system works. Personally a more user friendly rig exchange would be nice. But its not essential right now. Ii think there are a few idea's that could be implemented to make it work better. FOr the moment i tend to work off the individual user.

• Im not entirely sure the rating system works.

it was implemented after some user requests, but yes it isn't flawless.

Personally a more user friendly rig exchange would be nice.

like what? please elaborate.

But its not essential right now. Ii think there are a few idea's that could be implemented to make it work better.

again, I'd like to hear them ;)

thanks

• I think the critical point is system not counting number of downloads, that could turn into in an important indicator, rarelly people vote after downloading profiles or rigs, and can happen a profile being good to many people, but if the few people who decide to vote are the most critical ones, distorts a little the reality and value of the profile . Thats only my 2 cents here . But i guess MBA after putting some profiles and not liking the points on them on the exchange feels a little disapointed , but if 2.5 is satisfactory , 3.7 is very good, people must know how to read the results, so maybe a colour indicator would help to visualize better the profiles voting system.

only a large votes number can put some reality in statistical sample. If there is only 1 vote! the statistic universe will be not enough for a representative result .

Will check your profiles next 2 days Dan !

regards

p.s. Edited: my mistake i putted Donpertersen instead of MBA name :) sorry

Edited 2 times, last by Tone ().

• Some ideas from me ;)

I would love the Rigexchange to be easier to browse. Such as Mainfolders sorted per lead, ampmodel, suited for Pickup. And it would be great to show more than 20 rigs a page - I personally use downthemall to download them and it would make things easier and faster if you could show more rigs.

Also i think that the rating system would be improved if there was a possibility to give written reviews - like big musicstores do, or amazon. And a note from the uploader would be nice too - for those who intend to create a certain sound they could write.

Edit: And ofcourse number of downloads!

• Hello, some ideas to improve the tool : i guess the main issue with profiles is that they aim a specific sound with a particular gear, style and 'output' solution (some for DI, some for FRFR some for power amps ..) and that most often this is unclear in the rig title, tags & comments.

• add more tags & metadata for profiles (best suited type of guitars - pickups - style - monitoring solution or DI ..) while uploading the rig. This way people will be aware not to use a country profile for their Ibanez RG.
    • add a user comment (300 characters or so ) in the voting system in order to allow user to tell us why the rig is bad/good) like : I dig the rig with a vintage les paul low output neck PU. It sounds like crap on a HSS strat ...
    • a field for 'suggested tweaks ' should also be useful in the voting system (300 characters or so ), like : added en eq at 1000 Hz , reduce the gain to 4, now it sounds great ...
  • Regarding the profile i posted on the rig exchange , i received 3 votes ( 2 votes on "4" and 1 vote on "3), summing 4+4+3=11 , diving the total by the votes gives 3,66 medium points per vote , the system reads 3 !! but the math says i have 4 ( 3,66 is more near of 4 than of 3) . . So its not a just math for all the profiles voting .

My example :

ART DST4_Xtreme Chan

Dst_4 EXTREME

Mesa Stiletto

Toneskulpt

3.00 / 5.00

March 29, 2013

Extreme Distortion

• It should be possible to integrate the rig exchange with the (hopefully!) forthcoming library tool. This would make it easier to get feedback from people after they have downloaded it, and could even provide a unified interface for rigs locally and on the rig exchange.

• Sure Don,

Well the first thing i miss is a directory of amps. Were always searching for models which is all well and good but I for one cannot think of all the amps id like to try profiles off. It would be nice to have a directory of the various amp companies and then models and the accompanying profiles. Ive missed profiles that have been on the exchange awhile because of these with only this forum to help steer me in the right direction.

Obviously the star system isnt flawless and I doubt any system is. However, its difficult not to get influenced by it and as a result ive probably missed out on some great profiles but equally ive picked some good ones. What id like to see is a bestselling/top 10 kind of thing - seeing the most downloaded profiles by the community - perhaps split into the various types of profile - clean, crunch, lead or even styles meta, blues etc etc I realise popularity doesn't always mean good but it would be interesting to see what profiles are 'hot' in the user base. Maybe even have a monthly feature on this from the guys working at Kemper or some of the pro's but also the regular forum users listing there favourites and saying a few words about how they are using it (stomps they are adding, eq changes, cab adjustments etc) and making that small pack downloadable. Personally speaking i would really enjoy reading and being a part of such an idea - would make me feel even more part of the Kemper family and almost certainly learn a few things as a result. Perhaps this would encourage the user's to spend even more time crafting and improving their profiling abilities too with the potential for greater recognition in the community.

Just some thoughts.

• add a user comment (300 characters or so ) in the voting system in order to allow user to tell us why the rig is bad/good) like : I dig the rig with a vintage les paul low output neck PU. It sounds like crap on a HSS strat ...

This one. :thumbup:

• A "download all" would be great for new owners (after a librarian program is available).

Or, a "download current search results" would be very useful when looking for something in particular.

If a rig could be downloaded into the librarian and immediatey sent to the Kemper via USB cable to audition, the real time nature of that process would encourage people to rate the rig "in the moment".

• The thing I would like to see is a better way of downloading rigs so that we could download the complete page of rigs on the rig exchange or have a rig exchange section where users could put their collections so that they could be downloaded as a collection. Sometimes I am not on the internet for a few days and then there are 6 new pages of rigs to try out and if there was some simple way to group select them and download them as a group that would be so much better than having to download each rig one after another.

• I've mentioned it before but changing the favorite system to the star system on the KPA would great. Instead of sorting by favorite letting the user sort by stars in descending order would make dealing with 999 rigs much easier. Put this in the librarian app and allow for connected PC's to send back a rating to RigExchange might also generate better ratings.

Cheers,

jayson

• To download all rigs you currently see you can easily use DownThemAll if you are using Firefox. It is an addon that gathers all downloads from a page you are currently looking at. It has a filter-option which may be set to *.kipr - and it will download all kipr files as long as you are logged in.

I use it that way and it works just great! The only thing is the 20 rigs per page maximum that costs time ;)