KPA - Public BETA 1.8.0.8357

• Is not supposed to be removed. Actually it should be brickwalled.

I am not sure what that means - the 1000 limit is still there and is always going to be?

• I am not sure what that means - the 1000 limit is still there and is always going to be?

It could even be reduced to 500 as soon as the librarian software is released and provides decent rig management, imho. If we want more features to toast even more amazing guitar sounds, we'll have to accept that some onboard memory needs to be reserved for firmware, I think.

Cheers,
    Martin

• It could even be reduced to 500 as soon as the librarian software is released and provides decent rig management, imho. If we want more features to toast even more amazing guitar sounds, we'll have to accept that some onboard memory needs to be reserved for firmware, I think.

Cheers,
    Martin

+1 :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• +1

Let me direct upload from computer/editor/librarian/etc. and this makes the 1000 rig limit a non-issue.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• +1
    With the ability to sort and group the rig collection by category we can actually know what we have.

Right now I have over 500 rigs and don't remember why I kept most of them...so it does me no good to have them all in a single group in the KPA all the time.
    To have them grouped in a way that I can understand their relevance to my workflow or in a way that labels the way they initially gave me inspiration is much better even if they have to be transferred back and forth from a computer.

• Hi everyone.

I need some help please. I cant figure out how to use the transpose function. I see it on my screen and its selected but how do I configure its parameters to transpose? Do I need an expression pedal to control it? I know you do for the pitch shifting so I am ordering one. In the meantime I was hoping to try out the transpose.

Thanks for any help.

• No pedal needed. My immediate use for this has been to set it to -1, thus lowering my guitar so that it's effectively in an Eb tuning. Useful for jamming along to Van Halen and Jimi...I think some metal demons here use it for at -2 to give scare young children with death riffs. All good fun. I think out of the added features it's the least complicated but still very useful...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Hey

What type effect is this (Bit Shaper) and where is that place fx-loop or stombox? My ears its sounds like a very tight noise gate whit some limiter :D

• No pedal needed. My immediate use for this has been to set it to -1, thus lowering my guitar so that it's effectively in an Eb tuning. Useful for jamming along to Van Halen and Jimi...I think some metal demons here use it for at -2 to give scare young children with death riffs. All good fun. I think out of the added features it's the least complicated but still very useful...

I absolutely love this feature, and I didn't expect it to be in any recent updates. My band plays several covers that go down to D and C#, so being able to reduce the hassle of multiple guitars/string gauges is incredible. There is a slightly noticeable tone loss, so I don't think I could use it for studio work yet, but for live it seems to be very sufficient.

It's an excellent update and very exciting to imagine what this box will be able to do in a few more years. :thumbup:

• I absolutely love this feature, and I didn't expect it to be in any recent updates. My band plays several covers that go down to D and C#, so being able to reduce the hassle of multiple guitars/string gauges is incredible. There is a slightly noticeable tone loss, so I don't think I could use it for studio work yet, but for live it seems to be very sufficient.

It's an excellent update and very exciting to imagine what this box will be able to do in a few more years. :thumbup:

If you want more precise transposition, the Digitech Whammy V does better in that area. Flawless chromatic pitchshifting and transposition. The KPA has a little ways to go before I'd give up my Whammy V.

• If you want more precise transposition, the Digitech Whammy V does better in that area. Flawless chromatic pitchshifting and transposition. The KPA has a little ways to go before I'd give up my Whammy V.

Thanks for the suggestion Will. The concern with that is; it doesn't look like the whammy v has presets, so live play would involve lots of adjusting. Being able to marry up transposition in a stomp within a profile is more ideal, and I anticipate the KPA improving these new effects. Like others have mentioned, the stellar sound quality already exists in the Virus products, logically it's only a matter of time before the KPA is comparable to that level of performance. I'm surprised the 'frugal guitarist' is suggesting buying a $200 outboard item for marginal benefits. ;)
    Like I said, this effect was a surprise and something I didn't expect or was searching for. I have other guitars specifically setup for those tunings. And it's cool to be able to use the transpose AND the pitchshift simultaneously, e.g. Motley Crue Kickstart My Heart. Out of curiosity, could the whammy v do that, transpose my standard tuned guitar to D, and still use the pedal to pitch shift?

• Thanks for the suggestion Will. The concern with that is; it doesn't look like the whammy v has presets, so live play would involve lots of adjusting. Being able to marry up transposition in a stomp within a profile is more ideal, and I anticipate the KPA improving these new effects. Like others have mentioned, the stellar sound quality already exists in the Virus products, logically it's only a matter of time before the KPA is comparable to that level of performance. I'm surprised the 'frugal guitarist' is suggesting buying a $200 outboard item for marginal benefits. ;)
    Like I said, this effect was a surprise and something I didn't expect or was searching for. I have other guitars specifically setup for those tunings. And it's cool to be able to use the transpose AND the pitchshift simultaneously, e.g. Motley Crue Kickstart My Heart. Out of curiosity, could the whammy v do that, transpose my standard tuned guitar to D, and still use the pedal to pitch shift?

This sounds cool about the standard tuning being dropped to D tuning. How can the kemper do this could you explain please. I have a few songs in my set which are open G tuning. I normally carry around another guitar but this would stop that if the kemper can change the tuning of the guitar :thumbup:

• Thanks for the suggestion Will. The concern with that is; it doesn't look like the whammy v has presets, so live play would involve lots of adjusting. Being able to marry up transposition in a stomp within a profile is more ideal, and I anticipate the KPA improving these new effects. Like others have mentioned, the stellar sound quality already exists in the Virus products, logically it's only a matter of time before the KPA is comparable to that level of performance. I'm surprised the 'frugal guitarist' is suggesting buying a $200 outboard item for marginal benefits. ;)

The Whammy Drop Tune can do both transposition and pitch bend simultaneously. True that the Whammy V doesn't have presets, though it is MIDI controllable and as such if you controller stores presets (like the FCB1010) you could potentially control it and the KPA on different MIDI channels. My hope is that Kemper will improve the pitch effects. Having everything in one box is ideal. But as it stands the Whammy V ain't going anywhere.