possible additions to new pitch fx?

• I feel ungrateful even asking this, but what the heck. And btw, the pitch fx are GREAT!

But, could we consider adding pan and delay to the effected pitches? And on the pitch detune, could we get TWO pitches, so we can make one up a bit and the other down a bit? Makes for a lusher sound. I know you can use two pitch detunes, but that takes up two fx slots.

• I feel ungrateful even asking this, but what the heck. And btw, the pitch fx are GREAT!

But, could we consider adding pan and delay to the effected pitches? And on the pitch detune, could we get TWO pitches, so we can make one up a bit and the other down a bit? Makes for a lusher sound. I know you can use two pitch detunes, but that takes up two fx slots.

If by delay you mean a delay before the pitch effect is sounded ala Digitech TimeBender (AKA whatever Vai used for Ballerina off Passion and Warfare), big plus one. I haven't even tried update yet but know I'd wish it was there.

• Well, the big use is to make things sound thicker.

I was excited when I saw they added Micropitch but, honestly it won't be able to replace my Eventide since it only has one pitch and no delay. On the micropitch you hear in famous recordings (Van Halen, Motley Crue, etc.) there is usually two pitches, at around -9 cents and +9 cents then you put in a slight delay of around 10ms+ or so (all adjusted to taste) and you get that '80's hard rock sound.

Then if you are doing harmonies, I usually offset those by a few cents, along with a slight millisecond delay to make it sound thicker and more like two guitars playing.

Even my Boss GT-100 has these parameters and I use it sometimes instead of the Eventide.

J

• Playing in an '80s band, that sound was going to be the first one I programmed. And, I fatten harmonies the same way, with slightly detuned voices.

I feel the same way as the rest if you - I'm happy for what we just got, and if the feature does not get updated, I won't type in all caps :). I didn't think the ability to slightly delay the pitch shifted notes was unlikely to be included. That's a conventional feature, compared to a custom scale per profile (very cool, BTW!)

• Not for me it isn't. I want to be able to do everything this beastie can do inside the KPA.

[Blocked Image: http://www.digitech.com/system/product_attachments/96/original/TimeBender_angle.jpg]

• I welcome the new pitch effects, they sound good!

However I also feel there is still margin to improve - mainly in the the harmonizer I would like to see a lot more flexibility such as independent control of voices, volume, pan, delays...

• I think i'd rather have a couple of inserts on the delay itself that way it's more flexible and you can put anything you want into the delatys for some really cool effects.

• Actually one other thing that would be nice is an auto/pedal control on the pitch effects, micropitch etc (also the pedal pitch doesn't offer an auto pitch mode which would be kinda nice to have for far out sounds).

• May i ask if the harmonizer is intelligent? So i can set the key - a minor for example, and the 3rd and 5th maybe were generatet automatically. Or is it only a Pitchshifter?

• A pitch step filter would be awesome, with a tempo control and a range of steps with an individual user definable pitch setting for each step. So we can make sounds like in Map Of The Problematique by Muse.

An arpeggiator like this would be fantastic...
    There's a certain black box that can do this but I wonder if it would be likely or even possible that the development team could implement this...?
    It Would give the KPA another standout feature as this is a rare FX. I think guitar rig has one, and something called roller shifter... Not many about though.

By the way, thanks to the team for these Pitch features - an excellent job and time very well spent :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• An arpeggiator like this would be fantastic...
    There's a certain black box that can do this but I wonder if it would be likely or even possible that the development team could implement this...?
    It Would give the KPA another standout feature as this is a rare FX. I think guitar rig has one, and something called roller shifter... Not many about though.

By the way, thanks to the team for these Pitch features - an excellent job and time very well spent :thumbup:

Hopefully with their experience with the virus line this shouldn't be too big for the genius of CK and crew! Now they have the pitch algorithms in place I would presume the step pitch/arp feature wouldn't be too much of an addition, but hey what would I know I'm just a player and a guitar maker :)