TheAmpFactory Pack6-Comingsoon!

• What is the definition of "Boutique"?

I think of it as a small amp company, typically one person or a small team, making amps that are upgrades of classic amps, or new sounds entirely or better built amps, like military soldering, better tubes and components, hand wired, etc.

Hence I don't think of "Boutique" as "Fender" or "Marshall" etc, am I wrong in that?

When I think Boutique, I think
    -Top Hat
    -Carr
    -Dr. Z
    -Swart
    -Tungsten
    -Nolatone
    etc

(order is meaningless)

• Who cares what you call it. Just bring me more amps! :) I was rocking the '59 Bassman from pack 2. You captured the essence of the amp and through headphones it was incredible. I put on Mellencamp's American Fool and with a slight boost nailed the album tone. It's such a straightforward classic Fender tone yet it so hard for me to accurately get with most modelers. I can't believe I am still finding gems in your collections that I have had now for months! So bring me amps - as many as you got - whatever you want to call the bundle!

• I think scoring an actual Dumble or two on this pack would have shushed anyone questioning the naming of the pack. At this point Andy has covered so many great amps that an actual Dumble is just about the only "brand" that hasn't been covered and should be the centerpiece of a Boutique pack. Of course getting his hands on one would be a trick in itself but hey, he scored Gilmour's Hiwatt which I would say is.... incredible!

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Well I have just about everything Andy has done. I think maybe I haven't gotten the Metal pack yet is all.

And I'm asking a serious question. I've gone to many guitar shops here for years, Fat Sounds, Indoor Storm, etc and that was the impression I was under. Never heard Fat Sound refer to a Fender anything as Boutique. The idea was Fender was mass produced and a Boutique was hand built, point-to-point wiring, often ex-amp guys from major manufacturers using quality components etc.

So if that isn't true, I was asking what was true.

And Chen, my Swart AST and Tungsten Crema Wheat sounded better than ANY mass produced amp I ever bought. So while some can be hype, I listened and got boutiques that blew my socks off.

I think the FXII just with v10 added the Swart AST. That speaks volumes. And we all know the reputation of Dr Z.

That said, if Andy profiled a Gazoo, I'd buy it, so I think I can ask a simple question.

• Boutique can mean various things to different folk. Natrually boutique are a small company thats hand crafted there products and are in high demand but low stock... However it can also mean the uncommon, the "different" or quite frankly the bizzare

Some of the pack6 are true to the boutique name others simply fall into the uncommon category, and others the err weird and wonderfull..

Lets not overthink the topic too much :)

• andi you are freaking busy, and some of your profiles are GREAT!
    but, i still cannot play 50% of the profile samples of amp-pack 5?! ?(
    not much for me this time in pack#6, which is good because i am trying to save the money
    for so much from rigpacks 2,3,4 and 5! :D

and one final word. for me i am done no sooner than on the day when you have profiled a vanWeelden and a dumble!

PLEASE!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.