Kemper users are spoiled ? Yes or no ?

• Are we spoiled , Kemper users ? 51

1. 1.Yes we are definitely spoiled (29) 57%
    2. 2. No, we are not spoiled (22) 43%

Are we spoiled expecting and thus asking CK and team to do million things and updates as soon as possible ?
    Where else on this World one can buy a product , and than expect product to be updated endlessly , every week or so ?

Do you expect , from say , your guitar builder to update your guitar with new pickups and frets every than and now ? (smile )

Just curious what do you think.
    Thanks

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Nice try, but no - it is perfectly justified to expect the KPA to have all the functions and features it has been advertised as having.
    Actually, it is quite extraordinary to have a product sold for full price while it does not contain those base features.
    It is also perfectly justified to expect the KPA - or any technological, updateable (another feature) device, for that matter - to rival the features of the competition and the plain and simple truth is that for the vast majority of us, the KPA is a digital preamp.
    It takes a very particular approach to being a digital preamp, certainly, but still a digital preamp - just like the Pod, XFX and now that new device i can't recall the name of.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I would call it privileged!

• Having the money
    • Willing to spend it (thats easy for GAS enthusiasts)
    • Spending it on a digital device
    • and getting extra ordinary sound and effects!

For me it's a privilege, really! And I'm not on the nit-picky side of life. Eventually the whole thing will do all the bells and whistles which were advertised. I mean honestly, the KPA does more then a 4 channel Marshall combo! 8o Right?

• The long history of the Kemper (access virus) company shows they take great pride in offering frequent updates, improvements, compatability and fast customer support listening to the users. They want the users to know this and they work active all the time so I don't think the users are spoiled.
    However there's always a small minority of users that no matter what product they use always are very loud and demands super quick updates and features in a fast pace that is not realistic. I don't they are spoiled either, just over demanding and not very realistic in how they think sometimes.

• I would call it privileged!

• Having the money
    • Willing to spend it (thats easy for GAS enthusiasts)
    • Spending it on a digital device
    • and getting extra ordinary sound and effects!

For me it's a privilege, really! And I'm not on the nit-picky side of life. Eventually the whole thing will do all the bells and whistles which were advertised. I mean honestly, the KPA does more then a 4 channel Marshall combo! 8o Right?

Yeah i"m with you mate,well said!

• Where else on this World one can buy a product , and than expect product to be updated endlessly , every week or so ?

• Updates are only in the software, not hardware. So your comparison with a luthier updating new pickups every week or so is not quite adequate. Think of the operating system of your computer. Here you certainly expect updates every "Windows Tuesday" don't you?

• Updates are certainly not "endlessly". Somewhere in the far future KEMPER might launch another product that is so gorgeous and revolutionary that only really conservative user want to stay with the toaster. Then updates for the "vintage Kemp" will certainly at least be less frequent.

• I wouldn't say spoiled. We are blessed. We are witnessing a giant step in guitar technology. And we even can take part in it by giving feedback and doing proposals - no matter how feasable and reasonable they are. They will pick up themselves what might be useful for their work.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• interesting , currently result is 10:10 :)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I really don't mean to piss anybody off but I've just read this thread where this dude complains that he's accidentally switching off the kemper and it makes you think like are you serious?! maybe you should suggest to be able to control the kemper with your mind instead of your hands.
    And I sense by a certain type of requests (of course not all of them) that some people have this kind of exagerated vision when it comes down to what the unit should do.

"I want my kemper to do my taxes while it's cleaning my dishes and telling the telemarketing guy on the phone to fuck off" ;)

I mean it's really super cool that we have this request board and the people at kemper actually listen to what their customers say but sometimes I get the feeling people are posting these nonsense requests just because they can not because it's necessary and then it becomes more about quantity than quality . Again, just my two cents and don't feel offended as it's nothing personal and I'm just talking about a minority here.

Peace
    K.

• I recently posted about accidentally switching off the KPA when manually going to Tuner Mode on the rotary switch. And I was serious about that. And I got a serious response from Kemper.

A few FW ago they introduced this countdown after switch off, because they took the problem serious. Adding a second or to to this countdown is not asking for a big rewriting of the whole software. Your suggestion (controlling the kemper with your mind instead of your hands) is a bit more complex. Or, ehem - it's irony, isn't it? Bazinga! ;)

Generally I think nobody should shy away from making proposals and feature requests. And I think we should not mock them, no matter how far out the ideas might be.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• i was happy with the kemper when i bought in march 2K12, because i checked it first
    at my home studio (that IS a plus of a regular thomann customer).
    and i have stayed happy with it and have kept it.
    and the kempers are proud to keep their products on the quickly improving side (virus!)
    so spoiled, no!

there is only one but. printing "perform" on the front panel on the most important knob and then ...
    letting the customer wait for 18 month and still not appearing with it, well that IS some kind of a spoiler.
    is it not? seriously, i want my performance mode asap. i am going to gig in 2014 and without it it would be a pain.

but concerning the BIG PICTURE, i feel blessed :thumbup: with my KPA and not spoiled. my 2 cents ...

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Must say i did turned mine off by accident one day at a gig when i was turning to tuner and the gig was flowing well. Luckily the 2 second count down saved me !!!!! otherwise i would have been waiting for it to load up before we did the next song.

• Like I said it's absolutely nothing personal and I'm sure you're a cool dude and everything's fine, I just found that to be kinda exaggerated. Everything has its strengths and its weak points but I think to some of it you just have to adjust and the more you work with a unit the better you get to know it.

and btw I'm totally in for a mind controlled kemper unit. Maybe the kemper guys should talk with George Lucas and see what's possible ;)

And besides all that, this is pure speculation on my part but ain't it that way that the more 0s and 1s you add the higher the risk to get conflicts or bugs? I'm not an IT-expert on any level but it sounds logical to me and reliability is more important to me than a unit that has it all but is unstable.

But never the less the feature forum is great and we're blessed that we have this opporunity to throw in our ideas. just imagine the Kmper would have been developed by avid - wow then we would have been pretty much screwed. ;)

• The ergonomics of the rotary switch are a bit less than perfect. And it can cause trouble in some hasty, excited stage situations. I am not the only ham handed Kemperer.

But think of it: a mind controlled KPA would even solve the whole Performance Mode problem too!

[Blocked Image: http://www.audiosemantics.de/FORUMS/Mind-Control.jpg]

www.audiosemantics.de

• +1,000,000. I'm realizing I need to limit my responses on certain topics. Like you, I don't mean to be a dick and if/when I come off that way it's nothing personal but some of the requests just seem so bizarre, things that just don't make much logical sense to me. That said, it's nice to have a group brainstorm of ideas.

• I have proof I am spoiled.

I A/B's (listening to a better player than me) my boutique in the room live and the Kemper through a cheap assed FRFR (Mackie MR8's) and preferred the Kemper.

Why? Didn't I miss the "Amp in the Room"?!?

No. Why?

1) FRFR can be hooked to a subwoofer if you want "amp in the room" so I didn't hear any special boominess from the amp over the FRFR's (kemper)
    2) The many amps/tones you have in the Kemper SPOIL YOU, so that having only ONE amp just isn't enough anymore. Having 5 amps isn't enough anymore.
    You get a Kemper and have 300 amps, a few real ones just don't cut it.

I call that: SPOILED

• I say yes, because we dare ask for continued greatness; even though, it was already a masterpiece back when first orders were being shipped.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach