DXR10: Hiss or no Hiss that is the question?

• Is this using the Left/Mono TRS 1/4" input? Did you turn the other chanel's Mic/Line switch to the "Line" position? Did you try switching the ground/lift switch in the KPA to a different position?

• Yes, Left TRS, it's on Line position (although this should have no influence at all on the TRS input!?) and yes I also tried the ground/lift switches. All without success unfortunately! :(

• Yeah, in my experience the Line/Mic switch introduces hiss even when not using the respective input, go figure. Anyway you probably have it as silent as mine by now, which I think is manageable. In comparison, my QSC K10 is a bit quieter regarding the amp alone, but its fan is noisier than the DXR10's, so all things considered, even at low volume levels the Yamaha is quieter than the QSC.

• Was hopeful that this thread would become conclusive... Guess not unfortunately.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Quick update from my side:
    Tested the DXR 10 yesterday at rehearsal for the first time in a real life band situation. I have to agree with what most others wrote. The hiss is absolutely no issue with volumes in the still bearable range (for this I had the volume control of the DXR on just around 40%!! It can really get insanely loud!). The sound was just fantastic and a quite a step above the RCF 310A I've been using so far (anyone wants to buy one? ;) ).
    So it will definitely stay! :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Markus

• I have a DXR10 in route now, was hoping to have today , but will get it on Monday. I'm looking forward to trying it along with my CLR. So far the CLR sounds incredible, If it wasn't so heavy I don't know that I would be thinkin about any other cabinet.

• Quick update from my side:
    Tested the DXR 10 yesterday at rehearsal for the first time in a real life band situation. I have to agree with what most others wrote. The hiss is absolutely no issue with volumes in the still bearable range (for this I had the volume control of the DXR on just around 40%!! It can really get insanely loud!). The sound was just fantastic and a quite a step above the RCF 310A I've been using so far (anyone wants to buy one? ;) ).
    So it will definitely stay! :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus, I have a pair of RCF ART310As and am wondering specifically what you find better about the DXR10?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Well I would say it just felt better. I had the impression that I could hear myself much better against the band and it just sounds a bit closer to the sound and feeling of a real guitar cabinet. Also with gainier sounds and higher volume I always felt the RCF was a bit 'fizzy' sounding. I had the feeling this is also better with the DXR.
    And finally I had the impression the sound is a bit more even and less dependent on my position relative to it.
    Not to forget that the build quality seems to be one step above the RCF!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Hmm, well I guess I'd have to hear them side by side, and that's not likely to happen. I'm also wondering about vocals through them...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Got DXR10 today, Have tommorrow off work. Will do a side by side comparison with my CLR and report back. Hopefully I'll come to the same conclusion as Ingolf. As much as I absolutly love the sound and feel of the CLR, I like the small, light formfactor of the DXR10

• I look forward to another comparison. I am seriously considering both speakers and after such a great review by ingolf I am in limbo with my decision. I know that it is best to test in person but a good review is also very beneficial. Thanks for posting.

• +1 for another DXR/CLR comparison - it's always interesting and instructive to get someone else's perception! :thumbup:

I recently acquired a pair of DXR10s. I haven't been able to compare them to anything besides my Matrix GT1000FX/2x12 Engl cab. All I can say is that they are indeed great sounding... and very loud.

Agree with troynova here: hard to believe so much volume coming out of such a small enclosure. Also weight & size are a definite plus!