Performance Mode is Great! Thanks CK!

• So what is performance mode? It allows an alternatives (and much easier IMHO) way to build banks of rigs. So we now have 2 ways to assign midi PC messages:

1. The "old" way is you can assign them using the system menu to any rig. You would then keep the unit in browse mode when a midi controller is connected. This certainly works but if you want the same rig in 2 different locations you either need to custom program that patch in your controller or you have to save it as another rig and assign it a new number.

2. In profiling mode, no midi PC numbers are assigned directly to a profile. They are managed by the performance, which is a collection of 5 rigs. IMHO, it's much easier to build a bank this way as you can see all 5 rigs on a single page. You can also assign custom names for your reference (ie, verse, bridge, chorus) and give the performance a name, for example the song name. It's like custom programming your midi controller inside the KPA, much more handy than unplugging the KPA and hooking your controller to the computer, changing settings then connecting back to the KPA to test. Also, if your in a group with a highly rehearsed set or perhaps part of a pit band this could come in extremely handy as it allows a more efficient way to build a set which can be implemented via pedal (rig advance).

I plugged the MIDI out back into my FCB1010 last night and had 2-way communication in the form of a flashing led which I believe was the KPA tempo, but I my stomp switches didn't seem to be tracking with program changes. But I didn't mess around with it very much, more experimentation tonight. Anyway, I think this is a significant update and great additional feature to have. Thanks CK and crew!

• I'll repeat my impressions from the other thread here:

Performance mode is truly great.
    The possibility to play a rig with different FX settings is priceless and very well done!
    In one of the next updates we will be able to use a simple stereo footswitch like the Boss FS6 to scroll through the rigs like with rig up/down in browse mode.
    This will be even more awesome as it will minimize the controller footprint on very small stages.

• I haven't had a chance to dive into Performance Mode yet, but it looks like a very useful feature. I'd love to see more feedback from those of you who are the first users of it. :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I'll try to post some pics up tonight, but really super convenient. Messed around with it for maybe 10 minutes last night and was able to set up a performance. Super easy to use and much easier to manage than assigning distinct numbers to each rig individually. To night, I'm also going to try the new expression pedal assignment features and dig a little deeper into 2-way communication.

• I'll try to post some pics up tonight, but really super convenient. Messed around with it for maybe 10 minutes last night and was able to set up a performance. Super easy to use and much easier to manage than assigning distinct numbers to each rig individually. To night, I'm also going to try the new expression pedal assignment features and dig a little deeper into 2-way communication.

:thumbup:

• "In one of the next updates we will be able to use a simple stereo footswitch like the Boss FS6 to scroll through the rigs like with rig up/down in browse mode.
    This will be even more awesome as it will minimize the controller footprint on very small stages."

Perf mode is great, but slightly disappointed we can't do this right now. Would seem to be an obvious and essential part of this mode.

• "In one of the next updates we will be able to use a simple stereo footswitch like the Boss FS6 to scroll through the rigs like with rig up/down in browse mode.
    This will be even more awesome as it will minimize the controller footprint on very small stages."

Perf mode is great, but slightly disappointed we can't do this right now. Would seem to be an obvious and essential part of this mode.

I think so, too. This was discussed in the beta but obviously didn't make it in this release. I don't think its sould take very long to imlement this...

• I'm using Performance Mode a little differently. Instead of song names, I'm using amp names. This way, I can jump to the "Morgan AC-20" for example, and select between 5 different presets for that amp. I just save the same amp in all 5 slots, each with different settings.

The good news is that you can do both Performance names and amp names.

I could also see applications like effect names. "Fuzz" for example, with 5 different fuzz variations "Pitch with 5 different pitch setups".

• davec69
    That's a nice idea... Might be good to combine a few sequential patches of 5 rigs to organise the likes of Armin's profiles where he includes different increments of gain in his profiles. I guess you can already do this but it adds another layer of useful organisation. I wonder what's next... Things are looking good 8o

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• 1. The "old" way is you can assign them using the system menu to any rig. You would then keep the unit in browse mode when a midi controller is connected. This certainly works but if you want the same rig in 2 different locations you either need to custom program that patch in your controller or you have to save it as another rig and assign it a new number.

... by the way ... it is possible to assign multiple MIDI program change numbers to the same rig in the Browse pool. Only the first number will get display in the little box on the main screen, but you can always check the assignments on page 5/9 of the System menu. This is no new feature ....

• ... by the way ... it is possible to assign multiple MIDI program change numbers to the same rig in the Browse pool. Only the first number will get display in the little box on the main screen, but you can always check the assignments on page 5/9 of the System menu. This is no new feature ....

Thanks hadn't seen that before, will need to check it out.

Didn't get much more than 5 minutes to mess with it last night due to the NBA finals being on so tried to focus on 2 way communication with the FCB-1010 and didn't have any luck. Will try some more and the new Wah to Volume/Pitch to Wah stuff tonight.

• ... by the way ... it is possible to assign multiple MIDI program change numbers to the same rig in the Browse pool. Only the first number will get display in the little box on the main screen, but you can always check the assignments on page 5/9 of the System menu. This is no new feature ....

D'oh! Wish I had known this sooner. All this time I've been duplicating rigs, and if I edit one of the rigs I'd have to reduplicate it and reassign the duplicate's MIDI #.

• ... In one of the next updates we will be able to use a simple stereo footswitch like the Boss FS6 to scroll through the rigs like with rig up/down in browse mode...

great - all I use now is the Boss FS ;)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• First of all the performance mode is a great tool. Nevertheless i'm missing some options.

1. global naming of the slots, e.g. Intro, Verse, Solo....! I use one performance per song and it's annoying to enter the same slot names every time again.

2. empty slots (without a loaded rig) shall not be available or shall be muted. You can't disable the first slot, but i don't have an intro on every song. To change the sequence of the slots is a possibility, but confusing if you have a lot of performances.

3. It should be possible to define a slot which will be activated after loading a performance

• Would be happy only if it retained control of more then one device ;(

The Behringer FCB1010 even in stock form can send messages on different channels, up to 5 PC changes on different channels at a time if I recall correctly. Honestly, almost everything the new firmware offers can be programmed into an FCB with an UNO. If you need control of several devices, you're going to be doing some programming anyway. I'm sticking with the regular UNO chip for now unless something compels me otherwise.

• The Behringer FCB1010 even in stock form can send messages on different channels, up to 5 PC changes on different channels at a time if I recall correctly. Honestly, almost everything the new firmware offers can be programmed into an FCB with an UNO. If you need control of several devices, you're going to be doing some programming anyway. I'm sticking with the regular UNO chip for now unless something compels me otherwise.

Same for me. The only advantage I see is the tuner display on the controller, which would indeed be nice.