SOLVED - so, no one is getting this bug except me? see the thread "clicks at the end of playing"

• I saw that I might be the only one for this since nobody has replied to my threads. indeed I opened a ticket at the support and have already started a tech analysis with them. will let you know how it goes.

for the profiles and sounds, except for some of them which have commercial source (TAF) the rest are picked at the rig Exchange. I will let you know what profile are those in the next hours (now I don't remember ;( )

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• uhm.........I have to do more tests to know if this is limited to one rig or to all of them. one thing for sure this is one rig I got the issue into: noise kemper rig

you should have a huge delay on it and most of all check the cab: I have tills one but don't remember if it is a 1960 or a recto. anyways they are tills' creation

in the meantime, the support team asked me to perform a system reset to bring the kpa clean and to check if the issue comes back. I'll start from there............

let me know if you have the chance to test try this rig I posted.

many thanks for help

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• When i get home il test that.It could be a profile problem...who knows?

• Your "strange loop sound" reminds me of a problem I posted here (nobody replied - so I guess I am the only one to have that problem): Stomp on/off weird noise

The phenomenon might be different - but the type of error sound that is produced sounds somewhat similar to my ears (although yours is much less noticeable - I had to listen very carefully to get what you meant).

• I do have pops and clicks. Mine comes from running a stereo loop on effect X. The noise begins when i plug something in the Alternate Input. Is not the sound card as the gain is low. The input and the output of the Kemper aren't clipping either. I get the same noise even if I just plug my headphones straight into the Kemper. Take a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/playlis…buVfUb88n_v9_6lSsmIQ6sPoW

• Im not getting this issue Michael. Sometimes i do get a clicks at the end of playing if i strum a chord then stop though

Nice distortion profile what one is it you using, can you share :thumbup:

Raoul......sorry for not reading your first reply carefully at first. Indeed what you wrote, and I read it now carefully, is exactly what is happening: I play, then i stop and I hear the click at the end of a phrase/strum. If I immediately play after the click with a held chord I have that issue: as I recorded it. Could you please try it as per my description just posted? Play and when you get the click at the end, as you said, hold a chord at minimum or half volume of your guitar. Check if the chord is held without the interruption that you heard in my sound clip.

@ joerch: will hear your 'bug' when I can get a hang on a PC (right now I'm with a phone) but I don't think my bug is barely noticeable or hard to hear. I think it is quite clear.

@ all: the support has suggest me to perform a system reset and report if the issue is gone.

One thing I'm sure is that this is a software issue not hardware one and this makes my fears go away so that I won't need to send it to repair in case the system reset fails to solve it.

• @ robles1999: i just watched your videos, the three. the clicks you hear are there, I can hear it as well but as you know the don't interrupt the strings ringing. as you can hear in my audio clips the sound has sort of little, tiny interruption which comes cyclically as it was a loop or some sort. I'm referring to the first clip. other thing is the third video you posted. that is a different ball game. have you ever checked what it is?

• I had this loop thing just tonite was playing a solo with the Carvin profile from the amp factory. I was holding a little bit of controlled feedback and there it was the noise that Michael gets at perfect intervàls.

Michael my click I talked about before is still there its more like a pop though. Any thing I play as soon as I stop the click is there like click work. I can normally even guarantee when it will happen. Its so regular and it happens on all outputs

• Thanks Raoul for your reply. I got some updates on my side as well. I performed a system reset but it didn't solve the issue. the support told me they didn't replicate the issue even if they used one of my profiles. so they told me I might need to send the KPA for repair.

Now this is a total disaster for me. I'm a pro player and not having the KPA will just bring me a huge damage. I'm a bit frustrated for this!

could you please make a clip of the loop you had with the carvin? can you replicate it?

On my side I will do some other tests when I go into my studio and will update you.

all the best

• Yep Michael ill try and get it to happen again tonite. It was strange how it happened, just out of the blue???? and as id heard your example i was like damn ive heard this before. If i had to send mine back id be gutted. I do at least 2 gigs a week and use it in my studio. So i feel your pain as it might take around 2 weeks to be fixed and sent back to you ;( This i couldnt cope with i have been toying with the idea to buy another one just incase any thing happed to this one 8o

• Sounds like to me some interference, the clicking i bet is the timecode clock you can hear (internal clock) its just being picked up by the pickups,

A few things you can try, use a sheilded cable (unbalenced), use the earth switches on the back of the kemper.

And lets not eliminate your computer moniters, if not treated correctly theae are guitarist nightmares, has to be a differnt power outlet completly.

If noises remain, you can install moulded backplates to your guitar to eliminate clicking/noises/hum etc...although this is only really usefull if you have more static clicks and pops. I.e if you touch your guitar strings then the noise goes away..

I know this sounds silly, but try moving around your room. Play the same things, sometimes a small angle change can disperse of so much unwanted noise.

And then there is the noise gate, does this stop the syptoms... Try and exagarate the gate by turning it up by quite a lot to see if you get anything or not.

And last thing...take out the usb flash drive.

Not sure ive been helpfull, but a few things to try at least.
    I wish you luck.

• Thanks Andy. Will try the mentioned for sure because I don't want to surrender to this thing without knowing what the heck is it.

if the KPA needs repair ok.......but understanding the event is vital for Kemper production knowledge.

will keep you on the loop...................ah!..........loop again :)

• Michael, I can hear this noise in the sound clip. I would say that it seems to appear in direct relation to your playing ie the delay between the end of the last chord and the noise sound the same. One thing I would say is that I had some strange noises when playing the KPA and couldn't figure it out - but I ended up narrowing this down to the guitar itself and a screening issue (Strat) my hand was resting on some of the metal parts and causing clicks and noise.As it sounds like youre using a strat on a high gain profile I would eliminate the guitar first of all from this. Does the noise appear after a chord and when your hand is lifted away from the bridge? Does it happen using a different guitar and cable? Try listening on the same profile, without playing anything, and moving your hand around the bridge area to see if there are any noises happening. Nice playing by the way!!

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Thanks mic for your reply. First, it is not a strat but a charvel jackson with gibson 490 pick up. So my guitar is well able to handle every kind of high gain scenario. The sound I get after I play, not the click but the interruption on the ringing of the string really looks like a loop which comes and reply itself cycling at a definite time lap. The clicks one gets for hardware issues respond directly to the action of the player. Here the loop sound acts by itself and once it comes it stays no matter what I do to get rid of them. After some seconds though it stops and I can resume playing as nothing happens. And it is not a hum or some ground noise since I tried with every combination possible. The only thing I have to try is to use the kemper in another place which I will do it tomorrow since I'll move my studio into my house for some weeks. Don't think though the moving of the Kemper will do any good since I use it with a Furman ar230 which grants the kpa the best power supply possible, stable and clean 230 voltsvolts

Will let you know.....the search continues...