call me stupid, call me lazy, call me what you like, but tell me how to quote

• how do i quote correctly? i have only a small darker frame and get no "quoted from" and the link that goes with with it ?(
    tried on any browser, could someone explain. thanks

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• how do i quote correctly? i have only a small darker frame and get no "quoted from" and the link that goes with with it ?(

What browser are you using? In Firefox here the "Quote" button shows up in the bottom right corner of every post and from there you can pick what sort of quote you want to make rather than having to manually type in the bbcode [ QUOTE = 'name','index.php?page=etc' ] stuff.

• What browser are you using? In Firefox here the "Quote" button shows up in the bottom right corner of every post and from there you can pick what sort of quote you want to make rather than having to manually type in the bbcode [ QUOTE = 'name','index.php?page=etc' ] stuff.

Just checked it using safari on iPad. Seems to work here.

• Quoted from "Geraldo7"

how do i quote correctly? i have only a small darker frame and get no "quoted from" and the link that goes with with it

What browser are you using? In Firefox here the "Quote" button shows up in the bottom right corner of every post and from there you can pick what sort of quote you want to make rather than having to manually type in the bbcode [ QUOTE = 'name','index.php?page=etc' ] stuff.

yup! thanks, i was really to confused to see this obvious button. nevertheless i have tried now all of the possible versions of quoting and it looks like this.
    using chrome here, but tried on firefox, too.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• oops, done. thank you guys, :thumbup: the preview did not look like this. but once we have begun this:
    how do you find the correct and full code for quoting? must be somewhere in the html code?!

• how do you find the correct and full code for quoting? must be somewhere in the html code?!

Above the window where you write your post, you find two tabs EDITOR and SOURCE CODE. Choose the second and you also see the code of the quote.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Above the window where you write your post, you find two tabs EDITOR and SOURCE CODE. Choose the second and you also see the code of the quote.

well, there it is, thanks, me dummy :wacko:

• I found that sometimes it helps to refresh the page. (F5)

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Yep, I'm still seeing dark green boxes obscuring quotes on some parts of the forum. Other parts seem unaffected. A least the 'mark forum as read' function seem to work now. Still a few Gremlins around though it seems...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• First example I could find...on the commercial profiles section of the forum:
    Kemper MetalPack

On the 'Kemper metal thread', 4th post down is from TonyS and the quote from JeffTD appears in a small green box.
    I get this on Win Vista using Chrome and also on my Ipad using safari.
    I would post a pic but... it's a pain to do so on this forum...

Cheers.
    Brett

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Hi Brett,

thanks for posting the info. I can't reproduce the issue with Win7 & Win8, IE10 & FF21.
    I checked the page in w3c validator and the XHTML 1.1 markup is perfectly valid. I even searched the CSS markup for some sort of green color connected to the quote box element ... to no avail. Since I don't have Chrome and Safari browsers (and have no plans to install them) I've already run out of options to investigate further, sorry.

Only issue that happens pretty often to users inexperienced with webdesign is browser cache and/or proxy servers serving old pieces of code that makes changed pages look weird or even dysfunctional. There have been a few changes over the last couple of weeks, so try to make sure you completely clear all kinds of cache.