Delay trails

• that will be a system reset. is not going to wipe anything but the following:
    1) system setting (the one you see on the 9 pages when you press the system button
    2) midi assignment

the system reset is done by turning the kpa on while pressing and holding the system button. you let go the system button when you read on the screen a system reset is happening.

I suggest you make a picture, maybe with the phone, of the system setting, your midi assignment, the input and output settings. this way everything will be reset as it was before.

I also recommend you do a backup of your rigs. this is not because the system reset will damage the content of your kpa, but because in every case, you can have your kpa as before.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Ugh, guess I'll have to do a reset too. Not looking forward to reprogramming my MIDI assignments.

I didn't have to reprogram anything...it all stayed. However, when I held down the system button while powering up, it never went to a screen that said it was resetting. It booted up normally (while I kept holding the button) and then finally went to a setup screen where you enter the date, your name, etc...not sure if that's what is supposed to happen but it worked either way.

• I dig what happened to you Skyhighrock. the first time I did a system reset nothing changed except the system pages. some days ago I did another system reset after updating to 2.0 and several setting were gone, I mean of the one I mentioned. and yes, eveything that happened to you was supposed to happen.

to be true it is adviceable to do a system reset after some major updating like with a new FW. after all it takes only minutes to reset the kpa as it was......... :)

glad we could be of help. I continue to be convinced this is a great community and would say both us (community) and people at Kemper are happy about it.

us because we have things sorted out with great speed and them because they can count on a precious cooperation with a very efficient community. way da go!!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• The system reset did the trick! Thanks all!

However, when I held down the system button while powering up, it never went to a screen that said it was resetting. It booted up normally (while I kept holding the button) and then finally went to a setup screen where you enter the date, your name, etc...not sure if that's what is supposed to happen but it worked either way.

Yep, same with mine.

• A system reset will always reset the system settings that you mention in 1).
    If this did not happen, you might have released the system button too early.

A problem like this cannot be solved by a system reset, as there are only a few parameters that are reset.

It is NOT recommended to perform a system reset after each update.
    You will loose these settings but gain nothing.

We had two issues where a system reset solved settings after purchasing. This is all it can do.

• ok. thanks for the clarification since in the forum I have read the need of a system reset after every update in several thread. this gives the final word on it.

Michael

• Yes, it used to not matter which delays I used. It always worked.

I ended up restoring a backup I made from New Year's day and that seems to have solved the problem. Not sure what happened between then and now though to cause it to not work.

next time you experience this, can you please make a backup and send it to support with a short description of what's (not) happening?

thanks

• ok...this happened again while setting up a new performance. Only thing that fixed it was a system reset. I did save a backup before I did the reset. How do I open a support ticket to submit it?

EDIT: a reset did not fix it. It started happening again. I'm using an FCB with uno4kemper v 1.2...was working fine until I tried a new performance. Browser mode seems to be ok.

It is also affecting all fx...including reverb.

• ok...this happened again while setting up a new performance. Only thing that fixed it was a system reset. I did save a backup before I did the reset. How do I open a support ticket to submit it?

EDIT: a reset did not fix it. It started happening again. I'm using an FCB with uno4kemper v 1.2...was working fine until I tried a new performance. Browser mode seems to be ok.

Did you check if the same happens without the FCB connected, using the Kempers front panel? Just to make sure it's not CC messages from the FCB messing things up.

ok...this happened again while setting up a new performance. Only thing that fixed it was a system reset. I did save a backup before I did the reset. How do I open a support ticket to submit it?

Send a message to support AT kemper-amps.com incl. a backup of your profiler.
    Notice my anti bot spelling of the mail address. ;)