wikpa.org - KPA Community Wiki

• bad news ... had a complete hardware crash on the webserver.
    I don't have the time to setup (and maintain) the Wiki again so I decided to say goodbye to wikpa.org.
    This forum is a great and active resource for all things Kemper. I don't think we still need the WIki. I've seen in the stats and logs that it wasn't used much lately. So it's a limited loss, I guess.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I thought I'll just let you know.

Cheers
    Martin

Oh man. That's bad, dude.

I don't have the time to setup (and maintain) the Wiki again so I decided to say goodbye to wikpa.org.
    This forum is a great and active resource for all things Kemper. I don't think we still need the WIki. I've seen in the stats and logs that it wasn't used much lately. So it's a limited loss, I guess.

Really bad news!
    Before I bought it and in the first time I got the KPA the Wikpa.org was very helpfull for me.
    A very good source of informations will get lost. I do not agree with your term "limited loss"
    I hope that the other damage is within limits

Thanks you for your effort to kept alive wikpa so long. - Harry

Cheers
    Martin

Really bad news!
    Before I bought it and in the first time I got the KPA the Wikpa.org was very helpfull for me.
    A very good source of informations will get lost. I do not agree with your term "limited loss"
    I hope that the other damage is within limits

Thanks you for your effort to kept alive wikpa so long. - Harry

There is archive dated 14/03/2016 available on web.archive.org so @MentaL you can try to grab the site using some http sitegrabber.
    I suggest (if I may) that people that have wikpa.org as a hyperlink in footer will update it somehow.
    By that I mean @Ingolf - not sure if other Kemperitians shared wikpa.org hyperlink in the footer/signature.

• There is archive dated 14/03/2016 available on web.archive.org so @MentaL you can try to grab the site using some http sitegrabber.
    I suggest (if I may) that people that have wikpa.org as a hyperlink in footer will update it somehow.
    By that I mean @Ingolf - not sure if other Kemperitians shared wikpa.org hyperlink in the footer/signature.

I would want the actually database and software so I can restore it via my servers.

• Great contribution @viabcroce - is that pdf available anywhere?

Well, to tell the whole story to those who were not here three years ago, wiKPA is actually a creature of mine. The site was created by porting online the original document I had created in a couple of years by collecting all the possible material, comments, hints, tricks, user advises I could find here, on TGP an on other forums.
    For one or two years I have published quasi-regular updates of the wiKPA, distributing it through a mailing list like an actual magazine.

At one stage I had to stop working on that: it had become a full-time job (I really added, edited and ordered every piece of information I came across plus my own contributions, corrected wrong information or opinions etc.) and, despite having tried hard to find a viable way to sustain the effort I was not successful. Mothership was not interested in supporting it and donations were meaningless and extremely marginal (think of 15-20 € along the whole wiKPA's history).

Martin himself had to find it's a thankless job. OTOH, wikpa.org has actually never taken off as a group effort (wiki): while I've added contents on the site too, the actual number of contributors has never been at least sufficient to ensure wikpa.org was up-to-date and edited following the KAOS' history (which I had taken care of with the original document).

Since wikpa.org was running, the wiKPA took its own path and now the two sources have meaningfully diverged, specially because of the great difference in the way you have to \ can manage multimedia information.

It would be a great and good job to be done and a great technical support for the userbase (imagine all the technical info available on this forum and others, things that did not find their way through the manuals etc. without the repetitions, chats, jokes, friendly conversations... just the distillation of what was technically useful, purged of all the hearsays, user errors, red harrings... :D ). But it seems nobody is willing to support it, in any way, altho many have used it.

• As long as I got a database so I can reimport content I'll foot the bill and keep it up indefinitely and be fully neutral. Heck, you can all vote for the administration and mod team on there too so I'm impartial.

Cheers
    Martin

Understandable, and thanks for your contributions.

Yes, I'll update my sig.

• I hope that a native speaker with the necessary knowledge and technical equipment will continue to take care for the WiKPA.
    It offered a great relief to get started and could serve as a platform for further acquired technical knowledge.

• I hope that a native speaker with the necessary knowledge and technical equipment will continue to take care for the WiKPA.
    It offered a great relief to get started and could serve as a platform for further acquired technical knowledge.

I've worked professionally with network management and administration for over ten years. I'm also known for penetratation testing and more. Keeping the site up is not a problem nor is managing it but lack of content is. If whomever owns the domain is willing to push the domain to me that be great or we can just simply update the name servers.