wikpa.org - KPA Community Wiki

• Hope you don't mind me elaborating on the topic rig management...
    Move or delete as you like. I hope I can do a couple of lines every day, if it is OK with you.

Hey Labrat, great to see you adding content already. Of course I don't mind, and even if I did ... let me emphasize something very important again:

This is NOT my project, this is YOUR project, this is OUR project.
    Of course I set it up and got it started. But seriously, that's not rocket science. :)
    Now it's OUR task to fill it with great content ... and that's OUR work.

Hope that was clear enough, hehe. Since this website's content is put under a Creative Commons Licence, nobody will ever be the sole owner of it all. It's everybody's content and that has been VERY important for me when I decided to get it going.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Hey Martin, hi evrybody!

what do you think of a nice favicon for our little project? i could produce a favicon, if you guys want.

24pix² is not a lot of place though. could we use the kemper's one? or is this copyrighted? but maybe a new one is better.

what do you think? a shrinked KPA will not fit unfortunately. or look ugly. your 2 cents, please.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hey Geraldo,

great idea. If you like to create one, go ahead.
    Maybe we just keep it simple and use this Kemper Green as the color? Doesn't make much sense to ask for the right to use their logo for this small purpose, imho.

Cheers,
    Martin

okay, that is a start (the green colour). i will try to come up with one or two "designs" tomorrow as i have to leave for nightshift in an hour or so. :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Wiki hint of the day #1:

Did you know that you can easily upload files to the wiKPA Wiki?
    Currently only png, gif, jpg, jpeg files are enabled. This could easily be extended to other file types if requested and necessary.
    Maximum file size is 10MB (which is way to much for images, right?) ;)

You guys know, that it's always a problem when you want to post an image here on the Kemper Forums because there's no upload. Well, you could use the Wiki platform as a file (image) repository and then just embed the images here with the Wiki image URL.

Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to use this "service" for all kinds of fun pics or any copyright material. I would have to remove these files immediately. But if you need to post a self made, Profiler related image to give some help here on the forums ... why not use this way? :)

Disclaimer:
    The upload feature is reserved for registered wiKPA.org users. You find it in the Toolbox section in the menu on the left side. We can't provide completely public file upload access. I'm sure you understand. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

• Thank you for starting this.

This is long overdue.

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 5:14pm
    Wiki will be established in a short while ( and hosted by Kemper I think).
    This was okayed today by CK at the Messe.
    Davide is witness to it.

People have patiently been waiting and holding off to see if kemper would start the WIKI.

I think its better that the wiki is done by the community.

• +1.
    I think this is my quote above BTW. I remember Davide and me talking with CK about it then.

• Have started a page "Signal Chain" today. Will take some more time to finish, but it's a beginning. Want to make screen shots but it's a nightmare because I've setup my lunchbox in a pretty dark environment and a place where it's difficult to put a tripod for my camera. Will have to think about how to do it.

By the way, we have 32 registered users already! Wow, that's great.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Looks like the wiki needs a Midi section.

Is this a good place to make suggestions here.

I've created two pages that could host MIDI information. Just add content and I'll keep an eye on it to help formatting if needed.

1. MIDI
    http://www.wikpa.org/MIDI
    This could be a general description or partly a copy of the MIDI implementation manuals of the Kemper Profiler.

2. MIDI Tutorials
    http://www.wikpa.org/MIDI_Tutorials
    This could become the right place for tutorials like "How do I connect and configure the FCB1010 for the Kemper?"

Again, it's very easy to add content. Don't be shy. I will keep an eye on all edits and I will help to apply nice formatting if you're not yet familiar with Wiki markup. Content is king, I'll take care of the rest as long as necessary. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

• One more thing you might want to know:

How to create a new page in the Wiki?

It might sound strange but ALL pages already exist (in some way). You don't have to do anything special to create a page. Just call the page's name you want to create. Only one thing you need to know: Always begin the page name with a capital letter (large, big letter). :)

Example:
    http://www.wikpa.org/YourNewPage

If you want to create a page with one or more spaces in the page name, just use underscores instead of the space.

Example:
    http://www.wikpa.org/Your_New_Page

The page will be there already, you just have to edit (and save) it.
    In the beginning you might post just a short descriptive text what you plan to publish on this page. That's enough as a start. Of course you're welcome to post your first Kemper novel as well, hahaha.

• do you think it is a good idea to put videos directly on the main pages? i do have DSL 16K and they make my browser stutter all the time.
    this is a little embarassing when i want to check whether a page has some useful information for me or not.
    then i have to patiently wait until all or at least some of the videos are loaded until i can scroll.
    i would prefer a link to another sub-page on which i can click if i want to.
    what do you think?

• We agreed back then that the wiki is a communtity thing.
    It is actually that we (Kemper) were waiting since then for the community to start. :)
    We have never got a request to host a wiki.

If the community or Lightbox ask us to host the wiki due to reasons of administrational efforts or costs, we'll be happy to do so.