Posts by BayouTexan

This is right up my alley!

The demo...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The release...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I moved my office to another room that has no ethernet.

WiFi wasn't doing it for me so I bought an additional ASUS router and created a mesh network.

Now my Surface Pro, Voip phones etc. are plugged into my office router, and it does 5g to the one downstairs.

WiFi is better all over the house now and speed is not a problem.

It that how a mesh works? You can hook up two routers to one network? BTW, I'm using Spectrum for ISP. Their router is connect by a coax cable not a network cable. Their wi-fi adapter is then connecting to the router using a network cable.

I moving my studio from the first floor to the second floor of my home. I currently have the router next to my computer and wired in (no wi-fi onboard). I get 460Mbps. On a wi-fi laptop, I get 430Mbps. On the second floor where the new studio will be, I get 140Mbps (on the floor) in the center of the room, However, where the computer will be place against a wall, the signal drops to around 80Mbps. These are 2.4Ghz measurements. The router also does 5Ghz (I know that's for short range).

If you drew a straight line from the routers position to where I want to place the computer then it's about 35 feet. So, it appears I will be at the end of the 2.4Ghz wi-fi coverage "dome" on the second floor. I picked up a PCE AX3000 wi-fi card for my computer but have not installed it yet. I also have a 4k TV (Roku) that will need wi-fi in the studio room. I would like to get at least 300Mbps. What is my best option for the studio move?

-Do I installed the wi-fi card and buy an extender?

-Do I need a mesh instead? (I don't really know the difference).

-Can I get a mesh and hard wire my computer to that and not use the PCE wi-fi card at all?

There is only one other location I can move the current wi-fi router to on the first floor that will not interfere with the other devices in the house. It may move it 10-15 feet closer but will introduce more walls in between.

I've been trying to do vocals over this mix since late December but my vocals are just not ready so I decided to post it before it becomes an "oldie". The song is based on political propaganda and and how we resist it. I think I have some great lyrics for it but that's for another day.

I tried to mesh together four band/artists signature style and tone for this. The wooly flanger on the rhythm in Drop C is what I was after. Guitars and bass are Kemper. The drums are MT-Power drumkit.

External Content www.youtube.com

Green is good.

From the manual...

Signal LEDs - Indicate the overall level of the sound as it is processed
    through the system. Green indicates the presence of an input signal,
    yellow indicates that it is approaching the upper limit, and red
    indicates clipping. If you encounter clipping, try turning down the
    level of the source device (e.g., your amp modeling device). When
    the signal LED(s) turn yellow, the Powercab speaker system will have
    the most realistic non-linear natural breakup characteristics.

Translate:

I request a software update regarding the possible expression pedal assignments.
    It would be great to have Morph1 and Morph2. For example, you could morph distortion and reverb independently. Gladly also Morph3
    So I would find it very helpful to be able to use Volume1 and Volume2. In order to control the input gain that goes into the "Amp" and then also to be able to control the master volume without being bound to one of these parameters as before.