Posts by Mats_Nermark

Hi again!

Looking back over the past year I have found myself using TAF profiles on quite a few tracks. Here are some in case anyone is interested.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats, that sounds awesome! Which profiles did you end up using on there?

Ha. ha! More angry, indeed. I don't like angry. I'm a relaxed kind of person and like peace and understanding. But maybe I should let loose the primal powers within me once in a while.

Mike - for the intro riff, the power chords and the solo lead I used the CAA PT100 Ch3. The "melody" or theme was actually from Pack1 when I come to think of it. It was the 3P Black Clean 1 with a boost in Stomp B, Recti Shaper in Stomp C and a Green Screamer in Stomp D.
    The chorus stuff in the middle was also the 3P Black Clean 1 but with a compressor and 3 chorus stomps and an EQ.
    The semi OD was a Bassman. Most of the profiles were tweaked a bit except for the CAA which was just right.

Happy New Year to all!

Mats N

Very fresh lines Mats!

How we express anger is relative to our personality, and this song tells me you are indeed a very relaxed guy. This makes me want to get to know you and your music better! :)

Hi KD,

Thanks for the listen. More tunes and backing tracks available at www.nermark.com.

Cheers,

Mats N

Sorry, that does not sound angry to me , but at least all this bad energy went to something positive, the best way one can cope with harsh times...
    Very good tones from M Britt and great clean playing as usual , thx for sharing

Thanks Waraba! I agree 100% about turning bad energy into something positive.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

Here's a track that feels weird to me. Probably because I was very angry when I wrote this tune. Therefore it's not in my usual style because I'm not normally an angry person. So this tune reflects that temporary mood I was in. The sounds are ugly and the lines are angular. The tune is fragmented and the playing disjointed. The groove is, however, as steady as time. Time that passes by not matter what hardship we go through. There are however snippets of sounds in there that I think are quite nice which reflect the support of family and friends.

Good thing is that when I can spend time writing and playing the KPA life seems a bit easier.

All profiles are by Mr Britt except for the clean funk rhythm sound which is no profiles at all. Just a compressor and an EQ in the KPA.
    Here's the track:

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

For some reason I can't not use Michael Britt's profiles.

Here's a track that feels weird to me. Probably because I was very angry when I wrote this tune. Therefore it's not in my usual style because I'm not normally an angry person. So this tune reflects that temporary mood I was in. The sounds are ugly and the lines are angular. The tune is fragmented and the playing disjointed. The groove is, however, as steady as time. Time that passes by not matter what hardship we go through. There are however snippets of sounds in there that I think are quite nice which reflect the support of family and friends.

Good thing is that when I can spend time writing and playing the KPA life seems a bit easier.

All profiles are by Mr Britt except for the clean funk rhythm sound which is no profiles at all. Just a compressor and an EQ in the KPA.
    Here's the track:

Cheers,

Mats N

Right now I've got my eye on pack 2.:)

I already have Pack 2 and as a Christmas vacation treat for myself I'm going to spend a massive amount of time with the Marshall profiles in it. They are very good but I have a feeling they are VERY tweakable and if they are as tweakable as Mike's Dumble profiles, then I will have a fun Christmas.

Cheers,

Mats N

Which brings me to a 'problem' (and while I say this tongue-in-cheek, it actually *is* becoming a real problem) -- I've now purchased so many excellent profiles (not just from Michael but some from AF, soundside, etc.) that it's been bogging down my workflow. My KPA 'favorite' and 'star' rating systems are essentially useless as it seems like everything is checked or at the highest rating. ANytime I go to audition profiles prior to recording, I end up 'wasting' (fun wasting, but wasting nonetheless! ;) fifteen minutes or so noodling on each auditioned profile. I can really understand now why people simply cull their KPA down to a handful of profiles just to avoid this...but when I try to do this I don't want to cull anything (lol)! And again while I recognize this is clearly a 'first world' problem for guitar recording, it actually seems to becoming a legitimate problem -- it's very easy to get lost in sampling and playing presets rather than recording actual music.

Hi,

I have had a similar problem but found a way of working that works for me. YMMV!

What I did was the following steps:
    1. Copy my KPA rigs to the Rig Manager (RM)
    2. Delete everything from the KPA that I had not used for the past 3 months
    3. Delete everything I knew I probably would not use.
    4. Select my favorite rigs and assign them to MIDI Program Change numbers so I can select them from my MIDI pedal.

This way I know I have great profiles directly accessible from my pedal. If these don't work in the context of the song I'm working on then I can browse the KPA. If that's not enough (never happened so far) I can browse the old set up from RM or go to the Rig Exchange and search.

To make sure I still get noodling time with new profiles I set aside time for just that. No pressure to get anything productive done, just hone my profile setup and have fun playing.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

Mike's Dumble profiles continues to amaze and the tweaking possibilities have not been fully explored yet.

The last tweaking session was aimed at maximum dynamics and smoothness. As usual when I have a good profile I get inspired to write a tune and this tune really uses the dynamic possibilities. What you hear is a single static profile of the Dumble. All changes in volume and gain is done with my picking dynamics and a Roland controller pedal controlling the volume in the KPA pre stomp slots. Great way to work as I don't get any
    analog volume pedal tone suck. I really enjoy this profile. The guitar was an Edwards SA-118 (335 clone) with all controls maxed and I only used the bridge pickup (Duncan Custom Custom).

Hope you enjoy it!

Please note that the tune and the backing track are available for download at my web site http://www.nermark.com

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I just posted a new tune where I used one of Michael's Dumble ODS profiles tweaked for maximum dynamics. So rewarding to play and it really highlights the KPA as a musical instrument in its own right. I posted it in my thread about the upcoming Dumble pack.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

Mike's Dumble profiles continues to amaze and the tweaking possibilities have not been fully explored yet.

The last tweaking session was aimed at maximum dynamics and smoothness. As usual when I have a good profile I get inspired to write a tune and this tune really uses the dynamic possibilities. What you hear is a single static profile of the Dumble. All changes in volume and gain is done with my picking dynamics and a Roland controller pedal controlling the volume in the KPA pre stomp slots. Great way to work as I don't get any analog volume pedal tone suck. I really enjoy this profile. The guitar was an Edwards SA-118 (335 clone) with all controls maxed and I only used the bridge pickup (Duncan Custom Custom).

Hope you enjoy it!

Please note that the tune and the backing track are available for download at my web site www.nermark.com

Cheers,

Mats N