Posts by Mats_Nermark

<p>

No, all 8 @ once is not possible.</p>

This is indeed impossible but there's a workaround.
    If you save a rig with all 8 stomps/fx you want and then lock the stomp and fx section, you will be able to scroll through all other rigs with stomps and fx intact.
    I use this way of working quite often when I'm trying out new profiles for a certain use where I know what stomps and fx I want/need.

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats, great tones!
    Could you list your compressor, boost, and green scream settings for me if you wouldn't mind?
    Just looking for a ballpark, and why you use the boost and green scream together?

Comp: 5.7, 0.3, +1.3,81%, 0.0

Pure Boost: +1.5

Green Scream: 1.4, -0.9, +2.5

I get a different feel by goosing the Green Scream with the booster than if I use more gain in the Green Scream itself. Plus I get the added benefit and flexibility of two different foot switchable gain levels of OD.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

Michael Britts's profiles just keep inspiring me to write more tunes.
    This tune came to me when I was trying out profiles from Pack 2 and
    found the Victoria amp. Wow! Then there's the Vibro-King. Both these
    sound good and powerful with a 3 single coils strat style guitar which
    is a rare thing with any digital modeler out there. Even some real amp
    in the studio can't hang with Mike's profiles when it comes to being
    powerfully present and I can feel that when I play and it makes me play
    with more confidence and more dynamics.

So this tune is very
    different from what I usually write and play. It's a medium tempo blues
    shuffle. The guitar for all tracks is a maple neck James Tyler Classic
    (with bacon) with three of his Hot Laura single coils. I play slide
    about once a year and almost never write tunes where it fits. But this
    one was an obvious slide thing to me and I really enjoyed writing and
    playing it. Right rhytyhm guitar = Vibro-King. Left rhythm guitar =
    Victoria. Slide and lead guitars used the 3P Black Clean 1 profile from
    Pack 1 with compressor, boost and Green Screamer in Stomp slots A, B and
    C.

I hope you enjoy it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In
    case you want to play this tune, you can find the backing track to this
    tune (and all my other tunes) in the music section of my web site http://www.nermark.com

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

Mike's profiles just keep inspiring me to write more tunes. This tune came to me when I was trying out profiles from Pack 2 and found the Victoria amp. Wow! Then there's the Vibro-King. Both these sound good and powerful with a 3 single coils strat style guitar which is a rare thing with any digital modeler out there. Even some real amp in the studio can't hang with Mike's profiles when it comes to being powerfully present and I can feel that when I play and it makes me play with more confidence and more dynamics.

So this tune is very different from what I usually write and play. It's a medium tempo blues shuffle. The guitar for all tracks is a maple neck James Tyler Classic (with bacon) with three of his Hot Laura single coils. I play slide about once a year and almost never write tunes where it fits. But this one was an obvious slide thing to me and I really enjoyed writing and playing it. Right rhytyhm guitar = Vibro-King. Left rhythm guitar = Victoria. Slide and lead guitars used the 3P Black Clean 1 profile from Pack 1 with compressor, boost and Green Screamer in Stomp slots A, B and C.

I hope you enjoy it!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In case you want to play this tune, you can find the backing track to this tune (and all my other tunes) in the music section of my web site www.nermark.com

Cheers,

Mats N

Good mornng to all and everyone!

Glad you enjoyed the tune.

Robman - This is the TS-1crunch EV12L+ rig from Reznor that I have tweaked a bit. It's on the Rig Exchange. The guitar is a Collings City Limits with Throbak pickups. I used the neck pickup all through the tune.

So, no Dumble but the TS-1 is sort of a Dumble derivative with great dynamics. I used no stomp or fx compressor here. There's some compression in the amp.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I have said numerous times here that dynamics is very important to me
    and here's a clip proving that it works for me. All the changes in sound
    is done via volume pedal (pre stomps) and guitar volume.

I realize quite a few will consider this tune a bit on the cheesy side
    but I just think it's a very happy tune bringing back fond memories of
    holidays in Los Angeles in the 80s and 90s.

BTW, I case you want the backing tracks (minus guitar) to my tunes you can find them in the musc section on my web site http://www.nermark.com.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hey Mats, did you try using the compressor settings in the amp module for this?

Yes I did, and I also use it but what that compression setting does is different from the stomp compressor.

For example in this this Dumble rig I start out with the amp compression at 2.1. Then I add one, two or three compressors depending on what sound and feel I want.
    And as I use fairly mild settings with a clean sound, noise is not an issue for me.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

As some of you know, I've been fooling around with Michael Britt's Dumble profiles for some time. One of the sounds I'm after is the sort of clean sound that Larry Carlton has. A very warm and fat smooth clean sound for a humbucker set-neck guitar. Very defined with a clear and fast attack without being obnoxiously sharp.

After a while I got 86% of the sound but not the feel. For this kind of sound I used a compressor before the amps when I used amps. It was either a Frantone Sandwich or a T-Rex Squeezer.

So I put a compressor in stomp slot A of the KPA and set that up. Much better. Then I realized when I'm in the studio. I use my compressor before the amp and then the engineer use one compressor at the desk post amp. So I put another compressor in effects slot X and set that up.

Bingo! I'm there. This is the sound and the feel I want. And it really lets me play the way I want to. It fattens it up and tames the peaks without impeding my dynamics. Great!

Then, I remembered that Lowell George used two compressors in series so now I'm experimenting with that. Compressors in slot A and B and EQ in slot D for some pre-profile tone shaping and then a compressor in slot x. As I have all stomps and fx switchable by MIDI CC from my Rocktron All Access I can not use these three compressors in any combination depending on the sound and feel I want.

I'm signing off as a happy man!

Cheers,

Mats N

Wow man what a great mood in this song,i love it...Great work!!

Hi Bigb,

What a nice tune. I never managed to combine acoustic and electric the way you did here. Also I never could make any Dumble style amp work for me when using OD and a Strat style guitar. You make it sound good.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi!

Just finished yet another tune using Mike's profiles.
    I recorded this tune using a James Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water with a Dumble profile I tweaked for clean for rhythm and a Bletchler Bomber from Pack1.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Mats N

What? "Mats-tweaking"? I'm honored to be an expression in these circumstances. :D

Regarding my tweaks, this is what made the profile as far as I'm concerned. For me I needed to get some of the "oomph" out of the sound and these tweaks did it for me. Also agree about using the profile with humbuckers. For me it doesn't work with singles. Just not my kind of thing. Maybe if I tweak it some more as I have some ideas but we'll see. The clean Dumble goes very with with single for rhythm playing.

Now everybody's so worked up about the /13 profiles so I'll ave to try them again as I seem to have bypassed them first time around.

Cheers,

Mats N

BTT!

Did a recording session last night where I used a clean Dumble from Pack 2 with a TriStereochorus simulation and it was so fat and powerful. Pure "shmo" to my ears. Took me back to the 80s pronto. For lead I used the Bletchley Bomber from Pack 1 for lead.

The really cool thing about Mike's profiles aren't really how good they sound but rather how happy they make me and that they make me play better. They encourage me to be more musical.

Cheers,

Mats N