M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Surprisingly my favorites are not the /13 but I'm really into the Bogner tones he got and those Diezels; compared to everything else I've heard diezal/Ecstasy those are really different and sound so sublime! I also like the 79 Marshall JMP Tim, all the Bassman, Vox, morgan...well you get the pictures.

That's normal, everybody will find his favourite profiles in a pack and often it wil be different ones. Different taste, guitars, playing-techniques, plecs ect. ect., the guitar-universe is huge. :saint:

I already have a lot of brilliant profiles from Armin (Diezel VH-4, Bogner Goldfinger, Marshall Plexi, Vox AC30 ect.) and Andy ('59 Bassman, various Marshalls and Morgans ect.), not to forget the MW-Über-pak. For me the /13 is the "killer-one" from Mike's pack 2, for somebody else it might be another one. Generally pack 2 is very versatile and there's something for everybody.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• [quote='db9091','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16259-M-Britt-Kemper-Profiles/?postID=179858&#post179858']Surprisingly my favorites are not the /13 but I'm really into the Bogner tones he got and those Diezels; compared to everything else I've heard diezal/Ecstasy those are really different and sound so sublime! I also like the 79 Marshall JMP Tim, all the Bassman, Vox, morgan...well you get the pictures.

guenther wrote: That's normal, everybody will find his favourite profiles in a pack and often it wil be different ones. Different taste, guitars, playing-techniques, plecs ect. ect., the guitar-universe is huge. :saint:

This is really funny, because those profiles db mentioned are EXACTLY those i did not like as much as most of the pack. :D As long as there is sth for everyone ...

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hi!

Just finished yet another tune using Mike's profiles.
    I recorded this tune using a James Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water with a Dumble profile I tweaked for clean for rhythm and a Bletchler Bomber from Pack1.

Hope you enjoy it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• That's normal, everybody will find his favourite profiles in a pack and often it wil be different ones. Different taste, guitars, playing-techniques, plecs ect. ect., the guitar-universe is huge. :saint:

I already have a lot of brilliant profiles from Armin (Diezel VH-4, Bogner Goldfinger, Marshall Plexi, Vox AC30 ect.) and Andy ('59 Bassman, various Marshalls and Morgans ect.), not to forget the MW-Über-pak. For me the /13 is the "killer-one" from Mike's pack 2, for somebody else it might be another one. Generally pack 2 is very versatile and there's something for everybody.

guenterhaas, Geraldo7,

Just for the record, I didn't say that quote, that was oozish...

• Nice! I want to make it clear I love all the tones in that pack, I really do. But compared to most profiles, the Bogner tones just sound different than what I've heard. It was like I was thinking, 'oh so that amp sounds like that!?'

he may have just adjusted the sound that way, but I really liked it. I love the dumble /13 and variious rigs cleans especially throughout this pack; the whole thing is basically on my kemper, and I just wittled down from 1000 rigs to 407 named, rated and tweaked rigs!

• mats: great tune, sounds beautiful. :thumbup:

I also recorded a little clip using one of Mike's profiles. I used the "Dumble C OTS RF2". The only tweak I did was to turn off the effects - delay and reverb were added in the DAW. This is played with a Suhr C1. Hope you enjoy!

PS: This pack is brilliant, loving it! Thanks Michael - btw, your guitar sound in this videoclip is great!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• DAMN DAMN DAMN
    I tried those profiles (pack 2) last night and they sound just like i changed my Kemper for a Kemper MKII
    Just amazing. I'm in love with many amps of that pack. IMO the best (so far) profiles bought.
    Lot of dynamic i can feel the tube!!! The only tweak added on my gear is a little EQ on X Slot.
    The Marshall is more my cup of tea and the two presents here (SPL and JMP) sound gorgeous.
    Can i have more details about the cabs on the two Marshall amp please? Loudspeakers and cabs used ? Thanks
    For sure i'll save money for the first pack.
    My Stratocaster and my Sg salute you !!!!

• Wow man what a great mood in this song,i love it...Great work!!

• Wow man what a great mood in this song,i love it...Great work!!

Hi Bigb,

What a nice tune. I never managed to combine acoustic and electric the way you did here. Also I never could make any Dumble style amp work for me when using OD and a Strat style guitar. You make it sound good.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Bigb6611 - Your track sounds great. Very cool mood and I love the slow vibrato.

djayart - "Can i have more details about the cabs on the two Marshall amp please? Loudspeakers and cabs used ? Thanks" - I just had heads so I used my 3rd Power 212 cab. That's what I usually do anyway to keep a little consistency between profiles. There are lots of guys doing whole rigs with different cabs and all but I just prefer mine using the same or more similar cabs. The speaker I'm mic'ing is a Celestion Classic Lead 80 and I'm mic'ing it with an SM57 and a Cascade Fathead II mic (about 75% as loud as 57).

BShaw92 - "I realize that the settings on the back are not shown, but curious if you have the settings on the video covered in one of your profiles Michael???" - I watched the video and looked at his settings. The profile I included in Profile Pack 2 is Dumble ODS N3 2, which is similar except that the Rock/Jazz is set to Rock in my profile and his in the video is set to Jazz. That is a pretty subtle change to my ears. It's a very slight high mid bump on Rock. His eq is similar to mine exempt that he's boosting more mids on the amp. Both his and my profile are set with the Mid Switch on and the gain amount is roughly the same although he's running the amp much hotter in sheer volume than I did. Keep in mind that these were not production amps so there are slight differences in most amps' circuits and sounds, so it becomes a guessing game. Carlton, Ford, and Mayer tend to use the Rock/Jazz switch on Rock from the photos I've seen. Most keep the gain level between 10-12:00. Carlton and Ford have the mid (or deep) switch off while Bonamassa and Mayer (Mayer's being a Steel String Singer in many pics) have the mid switch on. Mayer uses the bright switch on while most leave it off in the pics I've seen. I have profiles of most of these switch combinations, but the one I included in Pack 2 is very similar (except rock/jazz switch) to Bonamassa's in this video.