M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I bought pack one and I think it's a great selection.
    Like some people said it's more on the darker sounding side of profiles.
    I'll buy pack2 as well.
    As for using: yes, of course.
    With my main band setting I'm very slow to change profiles though because what I have used for the last 2 years is still great (Morgan AC20).

I'm sure you know Britts Morgan AC20 profiles in pack two are ridiculously nice.

• I'm sure you know Britts Morgan AC20 profiles in pack two are ridiculously nice.

Actually there is no Morgan AC20 in pack 2, it's a Morgan TB 40 and Morgan CM 50-Klon. Nevertheless many brilliant clean tones in the pack.

One of the best clean sounds I've ever heard was from a Morgan PR12, comparable to an old Fender Deluxe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Actually there is no Morgan AC20 in pack 2, it's a Morgan TB 40 and Morgan CM 50-Klon. Nevertheless many brilliant clean tones in the pack.

One of the best clean sounds I've ever heard was from a Morgan PR12, comparable to an old Fender Deluxe.

LOL! I was afraid that was the case after I posted, since I'm not a expert on all these amps, but for the record what I was referring to was Morgan AC40TB +Brt 2, Morgan CM50 Brt Klon 1, and the Morgan AC40TB 2 which are incredible profiles of whatever amp that is! :)

**still chuckling to myself.

• Okay, bought it. the pack 2. first impressions:

60 profiles. pooh. first impression: the dumbles are a crumbles. disappointment lasted for about 5 minutes until i discovered a new %13.

Once again. (I record very often my boosted plexi with a mike simoultaneously). Sounds better in the recording than the best amp i do have.
    This profile alone is worth the price. Medium gain and it growls like a monster. Do not tar and feather me, maybe the crumbles are just not for my style.
    I do not care as long as there are so many other profiles to choose from. Will post a clip soon.

cheers

PS: @lonestargtr i would like to read the pdf with those infos 'bout the amps, but the links on the website are broken

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• It's all a matter of taste... for me the /13-profiles are one of the best low-/mid gain profiles I've ever heard.

Did you try the "Mats-tweaking" on the dumble? If you like the Larry Carlton-80's sound (Dumble + Valley Arts-strats) you will like the profile:

"Mike and I have discussed what profile I used on "In No Time" that has been discussed here and elsewhere. We have found it to be the "Dumble N 3-2" which is included in Mike's Profile Pack 2.

My tweaks to the rig are as follows:
    Graphc EQ in Stomp D with 80HZ = -6,6dB and 160Hz = -3,6. The rst is flat.
    Gain = 6.1
    Amp Definition = 6.9, Power Sagging = 2.1, Compressor = 1.2, Clarity = 2.9, Tube Shape = 3.3. The rest is at 0.
    EQ: Bass = -3.2, Middle = +1,3, Treble = -0.8, Presence = -1.2
    Cabinet: Low Shift = -0.7, Character: -3.0. The rest at 0."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Thanx, Guenther. :thumbup: This is precise and i will check this out ASAP. If - after those tweaks - it still is not my cup of tea, i will play the /13 JRT for a while. :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Geraldo,

The link to the .pdf should be working now. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll email the files to you. I'm glad you are liking the ÷13 profiles. I like those a lot too. The Dumbles are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but they are an acquired taste sometimes too. I think they sound better in a mix than they do on their own sometimes. I feel the same way about Klon pedals too, oddly enough.

• Hey Ingolf!!
    Whatever you use...Just don't lose that sweet "Fixx tone" that you were so exquisitely pouring from your finger tips last time I got to listen to one of your tunes!!! Your tune fit so well and took me back to a great era and time in my life man!!

Oh, you can take the tone out of Ingolf, but you can't take the Ingolf out of tone!! ;)

Guys, I love you, too. :love:
    And @sixtycycle: What a sweet thing to say, man. Thanks, I'm humbled. The FIXX and Jamie West-Oram have been on of my greatest influences, and I guess it shows. ;)

• Don't judge too quickly, give your ears time to adjust...record with these Profiles or play along with a loud backing track, then they make more sense to the ears.

The /13 are my current favourites in the pack...
    Michael's Compressor stomp and Pure Boost stomp should have been stock settings with the Kemper Factory Profiles...:)

• What? "Mats-tweaking"? I'm honored to be an expression in these circumstances. :D

Regarding my tweaks, this is what made the profile as far as I'm concerned. For me I needed to get some of the "oomph" out of the sound and these tweaks did it for me. Also agree about using the profile with humbuckers. For me it doesn't work with singles. Just not my kind of thing. Maybe if I tweak it some more as I have some ideas but we'll see. The clean Dumble goes very with with single for rhythm playing.

Now everybody's so worked up about the /13 profiles so I'll ave to try them again as I seem to have bypassed them first time around.

Cheers,

Mats N

• <p>Yea the /13 profiles are insane... I especially like the flavor of the el84 profiles... Very voxy and quickly found a place ont pedalboard. I could probably live with those and the matchless profiles from pack one alone and do everyrhing I need.</p>

• Geraldo,

The link to the .pdf should be working now. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll email the files to you. I'm glad you are liking the ÷13 profiles. I like those a lot too. The Dumbles are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but they are an acquired taste sometimes too. I think they sound better in a mix than they do on their own sometimes. I feel the same way about Klon pedals too, oddly enough.

Thank you, Michael. For a few hours the path to those two PDF files was sth like this file://e4bbb...//file which could not work. A refresh does the job! thx! 8o

• The FIXX and Jamie West-Oram have been on of my greatest influences

Just don't get on any "Lost Planes" Ingolf, my friend 8| One of my favorites by FIXX, always ignored too.

I'm still sorting my views on /13's - but I love the Mats tweaked Dumble as I'm a big Carlton and Robben Ford fan. I hit the gain just a bit harder for Ford and, at least on my PRS, need to roll off a bit of high end as well - then all is perfect Ford.

Gary ô¿ô

• Britt's pack sounds good on all my guitars. It's rare that you find a profile that can do LPs and Strats with ease. I've yet to find something that doesn't sound good on my Tele tho!

I like the Dumble. I see nothing wrong with the original and all of them I've played with sound sonorous when turning down the gain for a clearer tone. The Kemper does this most excellently I've noticed, but is particularly noticeable on great profiles like the Dumble.

The CAA is my favorite, the Dumble my second fav. I expect more great things from MBritt. You can't make these many good profiles by accident.

• Britt's pack sounds good on all my guitars. It's rare that you find a profile that can do LPs and Strats with ease. I've yet to find something that doesn't sound good on my Tele tho!

I like the Dumble. I see nothing wrong with the original and all of them I've played with sound sonorous when turning down the gain for a clearer tone. The Kemper does this most excellently I've noticed, but is particularly noticeable on great profiles like the Dumble.

The CAA is my favorite, the Dumble my second fav. I expect more great things from MBritt. You can't make these many good profiles by accident.

Hi! Are you altering anything in the Kemper or keeping the profiles clean for the most part? I find myself activating the compression and maybe boost/green but other than that they don't need alot of tweaking. If you are could you share any tips? Thanks!

Surprisingly my favorites are not the /13 but I'm really into the Bogner tones he got and those Diezels; compared to everything else I've heard diezal/Ecstasy those are really different and sound so sublime! I also like the 79 Marshall JMP Tim, all the Bassman, Vox, morgan...well you get the pictures.

• I'm an amateur, so the Pro's here are better to ask this question.

As a Hobbyist, I tweak when:

1) The tone doesn't suit a particular guitar, but since I have many, this is rare.
    2) I'm matching a commercial guitar I'm learning
    3) I'm trying to make a profile sound good when using the KPA with a Power Amp and Guitar Cabinet
    4) Fitting a profile to a song I'm recording, sometimes to take out bottom end. Most times I just EQ this in the Mix though.

Most times I just go through my Favourites Browser and pick what suits me w/o any tweaking.

I don't have any "tips" other than to do A/B listening and follow your ears.

But if you have a very specific song you want to match, then create specifically headed threads on this forum as many here have great tips on matching to Van Halen, Floyd, Hendrix, etc.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did I post this video on this thread yet? I can't find it and I figured out how to link youtube vids finally. This is the Dumble C Ford profile and the Dumble Cln profile during a soundcheck.

As far as tweaks go, I will always fine tune for whatever situation I'm using it in, whether live or recording and then hit "save as" so I keep the original profile intact. I'll add the comp if it needs it or eq with the eq section or definition/clarity controls and then add whatever other fx I think it needs (usually delay). Many of the profiles in my KPA are variations of the rigs in the profile packs that have been modified to fit a particular song. The Dumbles take more tweaking because I think they have inherently different eq curves. Some profiles I hardly have to touch and some need more attention. The cool thing about the KPA is that you have so many different flavors at your fingertips and it really does let the player pick the sounds that he likes and not everyone has to sound the same, as opposed to a pod or other older modeling devices.

• Cool video. A digital HighPassFilter on the guitar? We 've come a long way since Woodstock, dont we? :thumbup: