Posts by waraba

Here is a classic rock style one

lots of fun recording this one with harmonized lines

vocals impossible for now as a flu hits my chords :(

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can't You Profile them?

Yes I can & did with my "alice in mars" profile for instance.

but it's mainly a feel & growl that does not transcribe well to the KPA , for instance Hendrix tones and major jangly amps like fenders. KPA profiling smooth it out too much and forgets the details.

My best example is this one , I could never achieve this exact tone on my KPA after weeks of try , I even opened a full thread about it, but no luck ... until I tried NAM , and it was a major revelation for me as I could finally get it & for free ( but not without hassle , it's open source ).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And to be perfectly honest , it doesn't matter once recorded & mixed, you cannot tell which is which.

I'm noodling the tele with a soft crunch AC15 and a Fender twin and I adore the sound I get. It definitely cuts.

Back to the roots man ! That's the tele vibe

Trying the free NAM VST would clearly get you a step ahead in this direction , as the fender tones I get with ... hmm hmm ,... I cannot get them on my KPA , period

The Tele does twang and it's tone is something I am not used to at all. Just strumming it unplugged is super bright to me. I need to do some exploring with this thing. But I love how it is so much different than my other guitars.

yeah that's the beauty of the tele, it needs some proper amplification & play , might sound thin but cuts every mix with ease.

I highly suggest the great Danny Gatton , both for tones & play style , incredible talent

External Content www.youtube.com

The tele sounds clean indeed, but the chorus eats the details of it's tone , maybe a dry fender tone would be more transparent ?

Does it twang on heavy hand attack ?

Good them, bung a vocal on mate.
    What's the drums? They're nice

thx, vocals coming sooner or later , 'en français dans le texte'

Drums are UJAM legend , I have synthwave pack , fat & solid , all are great for my superfast drumbox style workflow & very inspirational. Buy them during promos, they are expensive, but having such a drummer at home has no price.

Is this you or me? great pop & lofi vibe on that guitar line, and great layers of vocals

Waking harm , great classic rock riffing & vocals , still reminds me that english band ... primal scream

Brows were lowered has a strong WHO appeal

Being yourself , it's always a pleasure to hear the Martin in action , great 60's feel on the arrangement & bass tone ( did you use a pick on the bass ?)

Being yourself has lots in common with AIR on the intro , while the saturated tracks feel like a 60's take on tape.

Heatstroke has plenty of energy, well done

Here is a great synth & git track, I really dig this one :)

, could work great as a zombie themed movie title

Arturia synths & vst

Kemper cleans

NAM leads

Wow killer !! I'm jealous man 8) , please let us hear that beauty asap , I love my tele tones for overdubs , they are so clean & easy to mix.

well done on the waiting , now that's commitment :thumbup:

thx chaps ! most clean tones are my Alice in Mars profile (rig EX) a real workhorse of my productions. Most leads are NAM magnatone , unbeatable !

Synths are mini freak and arturia DX

Hello, I wish ya all a peaceful 2024 if it's ever possible ;(

here are two tracks for you to listen , music is one the best way to cope with the tragedies the human species have to struggle with.

Do you have the full bundle?

Yes the full V8 collection , it's really good and a fine way to discover classic synths. The mellotrons, B3 & rhodes are great. I bought during black friday for 250€ I guess, a very fair price , given the fact they still update this pack's synths

I then bought a mini freak to go on full editing 'by hand'