Posts by Frodebro

I think that the "100-240V" is used so that Kemper doesn't need to change the back panels for different markets. The KPAs for the American market are configured to run on 120V, and as they are digital devices you really don't want to subject them to excessive voltage spikes.

The KPA team will want it all running a perfectly as they can get it before releasing the delays otherwise people will moan saying this FW is £?!@ it keeps crashing or this delay isn't working properly. We all want the new FW now and that's understandable. CK obviously wants the KPA to be the best guitar product on the market. The delays reverbs have to be better than Eventide, The profiles have to sound like the amp, it has to have the best and easiest functions it can have. So waiting for 4.0 means the delays and other features will hopefully be the best there is at the moment, and I for one am happy to wait for that :)

I'm a long-time Eventide user and am currently running two H9s in my KPA loop. If Kemper can rival Eventide's stuff I will be absolutely thrilled, as I will then be able to eliminate the H9s and switch to a Kemper Remote (from a Ground Control Pro) and be done.

Based on that namm video there is nothing of interest to me. From a recording point of view I don't see anything usable. I'm not complaining because new features are cool. I just wonder what they are thinking. Those delays seem so out of touch... but maybe when I have them I'll change my mind. Is anyone excited about the new delay algos?

I'm pretty excited about the new delays. :)

Regarding your first question , if you use the Power Rack and don't want to use the power section , you should still connect it to a speaker cabinet . The information I got when I asked this same question is that the Kemper Power Rack wont be damaged but having no speaker load will change the sound . The advice given to me for direct recording , where I don't need any cabinet sound is to connect a speaker cabinet and then set the power amp volume to zero.Hopefully, this is correct advice.

From one of the sales reps at Sweetwater Sound .I asked my sales rep about using the Kemper Power Rack without a load on it and he got that information from another sweetwater tech that he claims knows the products well. That's as much as I know .Maybe someone can confirm if this is the case or not .

I don't think this is accurate, as I'm not using the power amp in mine right now and toggling the amp on and off has no effect on the sound through my powered monitors.

i hope this morphing thing works with all midi foot controllers not just kemper remote

Definitely, although I think you can use an expression pedal plugged straight into the back of the KPA to control it. I'm currently using a Ground Control Pro and H9s in the loop, and am really looking forward to the day when the reverbs and delays in the KPA are closer to the level of the Eventide ones. Only at that point will I remove the Eventides and invest in a Kemper Remote-which I would really like to be able to do.

The simple solution would be to power down the KPA, and if you really are worried about it unplug the power cable from the back of the unit. Can't do anything if it's not turned on.

I've played hundreds and hundreds of gigs, including plenty in some rather questionable bars, and we never let anybody near the gear to begin with-there was always at least one band member or trusted friend close by to keep people away from everything.

Okay...

First, enter setup mode (hold down the two setup buttons at the same time).
    Next, hit the "Instant Access" button (#6). The screen will display 1.CHXX CTLXXX (the Xs will be numbers, mine is already programmed for my gear so the numbers mine is displaying will be different). The first number (1.) indicated button #1 on the Ground Control Pro (on the top left). Next is CHXX, which indicates the MIDI channel that button is assigned to. If your KPA is set up to receive OMNI, it won't matter which channel you select. Next is CTLXXX. The is the CC# that you want to change to 31. Hit the right cursor button to scroll to the CTL setting (it will start blinking). Use the "DATA -/NO +/YES" buttons to scroll to 31, then hit the edit button to exit.

This will assign the tuner to button 1. If you wish to assign it to another button, use the "BANK up/down" buttons to scroll through until the first number on the left of the display shows the button # that you wish to assign to the tuner, then use the steps above to assign it.

That sounds a little too experimental for me, lol. Are you also connecting an exp pedal to the KPA, or solely on the H9's?

I'm currently running three expression pedals-one for the H9s and two are connected to the KPA through my MIDI controller. One of those is a volume control (post amp stack), and the other one is assigned to various things depending on the preset (mostly it's used for a wah).

I'm running a pair of H9s in my loop, and have an expression pedal plugged directly into them*. This seems to be the best way to do it, as there are a ton of things that the expression pedal can control in the H9, and it's a breeze to configure using the H9 Control software.

*I'm using a Mission expression pedal with dual pots/outputs, so two cables run from it to each of the H9s. This seems limiting as common sense dictates that you configure the pedal to control one or the other H9 for any chosen presets, but I'm currently experimenting with morphing things on both at the same time, and I'm finding some really cool things that I can do this way.