Posts by Wheresthedug

although I created individual folders for each profiler (MBritt, Tone Junkie, BHP etc) and copied everything into the appropriate folder I actually think it might be better to not use folders at all. Why? Because RM cannot currently perform searches on sub folders. Therefore, if I want to find a Matchless Chieftain rig for example I can’t just enter Chief in the search menu and find all Chieftain rigs. The search only shows the rigs in the currently selected folder so I need to know which folder it is in before looking which defeats the point of a search.

So far I have removed all rig pack folders but left profiler folders. For example I have a Tone Junkie folder with every single rig from the Everything Pack in the same folder level (not individual amp folders). That way, if I know I want a Tone Junkie rig I can go to the folder and search all his rigs. I still need to know which profile creator I am looking for and search multiple folders rather than just a single search. I have held off from removing all folders so far in the hope that sub folder searches would be added but think my next move is now going to be to remove all profile creator folders too.

The key point as you mention is that with a regular set up, the FOH sound does not sound like on stage sound - we as guitarists never worried about this previously. Our focus was on stage sound because that was what we miked up. what's most important is...it never will. Not a KPA issue its the same with every set up.

This. Many people make comments about wanting to use a miced guitar cab for FOh because they will know what it sounds like out front. This is clearly nonsense, the sound on stage when miced often bears little resemblance to what the audience hears out front especially when the stage crew move mics for different bands between between sound check and show. I have even had the situation where the stage crew forgot to put the mic back on the cabinet after the first band and nobody noticed until several songs into the set ? Also had too many instances where an SM57 slipped on the stand and was pointing directly at the floor instead of the speaker. The KPA removes all of that and ensures that FOH get the sound I want them to get. What they do after that to make it sit in the mix is beyond my control but I trust them to make it sound good as that’s their job. The fewer uncontrollable variables in the chain the better.

In fairness, as the years go by I also find that I'm much less judgmental of such things compared to the days of my youth when I knew everything (despite a total life experience of twenty some-odd years) and could confidently sit in judgement of all wrong.

Much like the old story that says “when I was 20 and my father was 40 I thought he was an idiot. Now I am 40 and he is 60 I am amazed at how much he has learned in the last 20 years.” ?

I am one of those weirdos who hates using a mouse unless absolutely necessary. I would far rather you keyboard shortcuts to get things done accurately and quickly without the fatigue of hovering over a mouse.

In most software I use, such as my DAW, there is an option for users to assign their own custom keyboard commands.

I would love to see this added to RM also.

I totally agree with the original comment. It drives me mad but as Ruefus said the work around is to open two RM windows and drag between them.

If you use staggered tuners - no need for string trees - I have no string trees on either my Strat or Tele ... it also helps a lot with "behind the nut" string bending :)

Yes, I have Sperzel on my Levinson Blade and they work well even though the Blade has String Trees can be used if you choose to.

but, to be fair, Leo never designed it that way back in the 50’s ?

The shift button works OK for setting values but if entering values is not in the cards I wish a double click could sen the value to absolute zero. That's the hardest for me to hit between the + & - zero that it seems to want to jump to.

Right Click brings up the option to rest to default or reset to 0.

UPDATE: KPA Support are geniuses -

yep, they sure are ?

Cos I'm an actual idiot in short

aren’t we all ?

I once had a Marshall PA (basically a plexi with multiple inputs - wish I still had it). I had 4 of their 2x12 speaker columns. I plugged them all in to the back in parallel which dropped the impedance to 2ohms if I remember correctly. Played for a while until I got smoke and the output transformer fried. I took it in for repair where they installed a new transformer. When I got it home I wired it up the same way again. Funny thing is, I got the same result ????

The repair guy then asked how I had it connected and explained impedance to me. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I totally agree a mute for silent power on/off would be a great function.

I understand the benefits that you experience with your Helix and agree the KPA should be able to do the same.

However, the part about plugging/unplugging cables shouldn’t be linked to a mute function. The cable connection happens after the mute so surely you should still be able to unplug the cables from the KPA without any pop in the same way as you do with the Helix.

Yep, I'be hadn't Mission apart and it literally is a Dunlop Pot in a Crybaby housing without any of the actual way circuitry. Definitely overpriced but it does feel exactly like using a Dunlop Way if you don't want to do any DIY mods.

I personally find the Mission great for wah but hopeless as a more general expression pedal due to the very short travel if the pedal itself.