Expression Pedal - Moog EP-3

• EDIT - most interested in the Moog EP-3 now....anybody tried one?

If anyone is selling or knows of an expression pedal for sale that is KPA compatible, at a good price, to get shipped to the UK, please let me know :)

• Anybody tried the Moog ep-3? Trying to locate the ohmage, but it's metal, robust, well price, good reviews.....but does it work with the Kemper?

I just got one today. So far so good with my KPA. And the ohm value is 50k. The best values for KPA are between 50k - 100k.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Anybody tried the Moog ep-3?

Did you get one or still looking? With the Kemper Remote coming I've started shopping...

If the Moog works well you can't beat the price. I don't like the DVP-3 having the switch and pot internal, and the Mission Engineering I don't like the cords coming out the side and the knob sticking out. But I'll happily pay more and put up with either if they're more reliable or work better. Not interested in cheap crap.

• For me, it'll be about the feel of the pedal. I don't mind the 'wah' on the FCB, but I once had to use a Roland keyboard expression pedal in an emergency, and the throw was way too big/deep. Mission seem to follow the Crybay form factor, so that's a plus for me. I'll be testing them all out as soon as I come to the top of the Remote waiting list...

Cheers,
    Sam

• I'm interested in some reviews of expression pedals, too. I suppose a lot of us will be in the market for them ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• You know to be honest the Moog EP-3 just looks cheap to me, it's like the Roland Boss EV-5 or EV50 or whatever it is, it may work but I just don't like throwing a cheap pedal at a $3000 plus unit that I use (mine is a Kemper Power Head Rack and Canadian Dollars I am talking about I don't about the rest of the world ) and since Mission Engineering are a very reputable company with great products, and they have the specific Expression/Volume Pedal for the kemper, that's the one that I would go with myself. :)

• Actually, the Moog pedal feels very solid under the foot, and has a nice long throw. My old Zoom and Line 6 pedals never felt as solid, and eventually became garbage. I don't like the Roland because of the attached cable. I can have 3 Moog's for the price of 1 Dunlop, or Mission. Time will tell about its durability, but 2 months in, it is still very good.

• +1

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• I have a Mission but wouldn’t ever buy another. Massively overpriced and not as good as the cheap ones I have.

As well as the Mission I have a Roland FV500. As well as being about the size of a house and the weight of a small planet, ot also has annoying dead spots at both ends pf the travel so it sits in a drawer now too.

I also have two Zoom FP2 (the old plastic version and the new metal one). Both are excellent and really cheap. The new metal version cost me £49 and I’m about to add a third to replace the Mission.

The Moog looks good and is a good price but the size was a bit pf an issue for me hence the Zooms.

• I am supposed to get my Moog EP-3 today. Will it do Wah and Volume for Kemper? I also plan to use it for my Eventide H90, Moog Subsequent 37 and Yamaha modx6, but mostly Kemper as I'm a guitarist and record a lot more guitars than synths in my music.

• Actually, the Moog pedal feels very solid under the foot, and has a nice long throw. My old Zoom and Line 6 pedals never felt as solid, and eventually became garbage. I don't like the Roland because of the attached cable. I can have 3 Moog's for the price of 1 Dunlop, or Mission. Time will tell about its durability, but 2 months in, it is still very good.

I’ve got 4 on my rig…two unused for spares that I’ve never needed. Big bang for the buck.

• I've been using Moog EP-3 for years. There is a pot at the bottom that likes to change positions while packed up (gremlins probably) so I mark that pot and switch positions with a silver paint pen. Other than that, the only issue I had was the cable going bad after several years, but I carry backups.