Shipping date for the first remotes

• thomman have due in store 2-4 days for the kpa+kpr bundle now. Has anyone of us 'early birds' got news of it shipping to them yet? I'm a little confused about what this 'early bird' actually means. At the moment it's seems we have the privilege of ordering first but, not necessarily getting one first.

• we have not issued delivery dates to dealers as yet. as a result, what you read elsewhere on the web is speculation. "Early Bird" orders we hope to start rolling out in late february, for the rest, all we can say is Q1/2015. Profiler Remote was received excellently and for the first couple of month, we might face one or the other backorder-type of situation.

"Early Bird" was a promotion we were running at the beginning on january. users were invited to put their names down on a priority list. once they've ordered, the order automatically became prioritized. The list is closed now, we don't take more on board. for those who haven't ordered yet although they have sent in their names, you can still do that.

best, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Yes, thanks for the info. :)

Unfortunately, online stores benefit from setting these speculative availability dates too early. People tend to place their pre-orders with the store that has the earliest delivery date, which then, inevitably, gets delayed once the orders are in. I've fallen for it a number of times where I ended up getting my order later than I would have from another shop.

It's hard to prove foul play in such cases as unforeseen delays of course do happen, but the fact that the Remote won't be available to the general public until March at the earliest has been made very clear by Kemper, so I'm disappointed to see Thomann advertising something they obviously cannot deliver.

• People tend to place their pre-orders with the store that has the earliest delivery date, which then, inevitably, gets delayed once the orders are in.

Todays announcement at Thomann for the bundle is 10th March.
    Seems, as if we still have to wait

There you go.

Meanwhile, their original early February promise may have enticed some buyers to place their orders with Thomann instead of with another shop that had a more realistic delivery estimate from the start. Now they're being told they'll have to wait a month longer -- and that's still a very optimistic estimate, so it will probably be postponed again!

I'm 100% confident that Kemper has always been straightforward about the Remote's availability, so Thomann's manoeuvre feels like a deliberate misrepresentation to me. :thumbdown: Glad I'm ordering straight from Mothership. :)

• Gnaaaarg, get out of the Quark, as we say in Germany!

If I were you, presentation would be at NAMM, but the product should be ready. Changes after public presentation?! Are you serious? That should be done already. The Profiler is amazing, but the remote is no rocket science.

So get it on, damn it!!!

• And what we also say "gut Ding will Weile haben"

I rather wait another month in order to get the quality we are used from kemper then to get a 95% product one month earlier...

• Gnaaaarg, get out of the Quark, as we say in Germany!

If I were you, presentation would be at NAMM, but the product should be ready. Changes after public presentation?! Are you serious? That should be done already. The Profiler is amazing, but the remote is no rocket science.

So get it on, damn it!!!

Well, after having been to numerous NAMM shows, my experience says that Kemper is W A Y ahead of the shipping schedules of the vast majority of exhibitors who exhibit new products.

Trivializing the effort required to properly implement the Remote is just demeaning to the good folks at Kemper, and will not likely cause it to ship any faster.

• If I were you, presentation would be at NAMM, but the product should be ready. Changes after public presentation?! Are you serious? That should be done already. The Profiler is amazing, but the remote is no rocket science.

hmm, but the last time i've checked, you were not us ;) - in any case it is Q1/2015 like it was three weeks ago at NAMM. hold your horses cowboys!
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here