Weird that no-one mentioned it yet...

• Guideline to enjoy Quantum on AXE-FX:

- Update to Quantum Firmware!
    - Plug your guitar.
    - Turn on your Tube Power-Amp just to get that smell from the tubes cooking.
    - Start playing.
    - Now you have the full experience. The tone from the Axe and the smell of the tubes... The missing link. ^^

• Guideline to enjoy Quantum on AXE-FX:

- Plug your guitar.
    - Start playing.
    - Now you have the full experience. The tone from the Axe and the smell of the tubes... The missing link. ^^

The missing thing is the proper sound .
    So this is the new order :P
    Update to Quantum Firmware!-
    Plug your guitar INTO Kemper
    Turn on your Tube Power-Amp just to get that smell from the tubes cooking.-
    Start playing.-
    The tone from the Kemper , updated Axe which is switched off and the smell of the tubes...
    Only now now you have the full experience.
    Cheers
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• I was just gonna say that I'm actually amazed it took us this long to reach page two and that things are looking up on that front, but now that I'm in the sandbox....

But only 3.0 will add that extra mojo that is now missing. ;)

3.0 will add a KPA block? :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

Edited once, last by MuddyFox ().

• With 4.0 ,respectable Axe customers will receive KPA unit free of charge (since it may be better idea than endless , unsuccessful trials to copy KPA sound and features)

Only then Axe (switched off of course) will sound like a tube amp :saint:

I'm afraid , with 5.0 a real valve amp may be added to the package as well (because of burning tubes smell)

For 6.0 update , that character will think about how to save on costs , so maybe Axe will not be a part of the above described package ... =O

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• Sense of humour and relaxed behaviour is what most of and both KPA and Axe users are missing.
    Much more Axe than KPA users .

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• @lightbox

You must admit that it is indeed funny "over there".Thinking that I was so close to the need to be a "member" over there together with a hyperactive,oversensible "developer" who does not get it right with any kind of criticism I am just glad to have made the right decision.

Thats all.

ps

"smell the tubes" is really great btw ...reminds me for some reason to spinal tap and their "smell the glove".. :D (tattle,tattle..)

• Absolutelly agreed.
    Stupid fanboy comments on both sides ruins both forums.
    Both units are amazing, and both can with ease be set to sound as good as ( maybe even better and deff more consistent ) any tube amp.

OK folks. This comment below:

Guideline to enjoy Quantum on AXE-FX:

- Plug your guitar.
    - Start playing.
    - Now you have the full experience. The tone from the Axe and the smell of the tubes... The missing link.

I ripped directly from AXE forums. After seeing this thread I went to AXE forums, I read the above and smiled :) Since I have big sense of humor, I pasted this formula here :) hoping to make you smile, not to offend anyone.

1) I have never played AXE, but on some samples I heard it sounds good.
    2) I think tone is in more your fingers than in the device.
    3) My style of playing comes closer to Pod GX than Kemper or AXE :D

So take it easy ;) For me "fanboy" is a person that more praises his own device than blames the opposite camp. I have never heard here comments:"Oh thissssss firmware yz da best. It crashes AXE to the ground!"

• ^ PS: I own both a Kemper and an Axe FX II and enjoy them both. But the constant hype and gushing that comes after each new Fractal firmware release is quite embarrassing.

The fighting between the fanbois over at TGP concerning this NEW update is interesting.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• News from the Axe FX world...AND sound clips not available in OTHER post :P:D

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…rev-1-00-public-beta.html

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…shootout.html#post1241850

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by lasvideo ().

• I'm so glad I choose the Kemper. After extensive research for the last few weeks, I finally purchased a Kemper this past weekend. One of the main reasons driving my decision, besides the accuracy of the modeling, was that the updates in the Kemper don't affect your presets. I can't imagine having to deal with firmware updates where I might have to rework even a few of my presets.

• 2) I think tone is in more your fingers than in the device.

This is so true, that it should be carved in stone.
    And you will never hear that from any of the music equipment manufacturers. ;)
    Sometimes I think, we all forget about music and playing. Instead we are searching for the holy grail of tone and even better instruments. But why? Simply because it's easier. It's easier to buy things than sit down and work on our skills. But no guitar/amp will ever make you play/sound like ....... (put your favorite's player name here). All the rest is mostly only marketing.

• I have compared the quantum firmware with previous but barely notice anything when A-B.
    Trying to improve something is good but I never agree with fractals fw hype marketing.
    As with other Axe fx firmwares I find them all different sounding, some better, some worse, some just a little different.
    I have a strong feeling that the "quantum v2" next year will be called even more tubey. But where is the original source for us users to compare it with?

Here's an A-B clip from another Axe fx user.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's easy to test the marketing claims that every new Axe fx 2 firmware have amp modeling that sounds better than the previous fw by doing a blind test random comparison with all of the firmwares. Record a reamped track through each firmware using the same IR and let you and all your friends rank them from 1-19. Perform this blind test 10-20 times. Nobody will get a 1-19 result, far from it. And it will be different each time. To make it even more interesting include sound reamps from Axe fx standard and Ultra fw.
    If the marketing is true, the test result would show a very clear preference of Axe fx 2 pointing from 1-19.
    It's easy to market firmwares this way since they don't provide a real source amp rig for the users to directly compare with in the first place.
    If Fractal really had confidence in their marketing claims that each firmware update is an improvement in amp modeling sound, wouldn't this blindtest be the ultimate marketing tool for them, to show us users how each firmware is so much better as it's marketed to be? With the kemper it's easy to directly A-B compare with the original amp source.
    Another quantum thread on tgp
    http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…technology.1614115/page-2