Release 2.7.4

• Hi guys

I've recently purchased a Kemper, it says on start up release 2.7.4 I've been to the download site and it offers other releases.
    can anyone give me a quick walk through on the correct procedure for updating please!

Thanks in advance

mark

• Hi markyboy,

you can Download the newest release (3.1.4 i think) from the Kemper-Website.
    There is an update-instruction as part of the download.
    Does this help you?

Regards,
    LH

• follow the instructions ,read the manual ,make mistake, go back ,do not repeat mistake ,read manual again, follow the instructions ... etc etc ... :thumbup: :

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• That's the point, there is no reference to update! When I put the memory stick into the Kemper it gives you 3 choices Backup/Restore Import/ Export/ Format this is very unclear to say the least!

Sorry getting frustrated with it now

• The popup is automatic-you do not need to push any buttons other than yes or no once the popup shows up.
    If it does not show up it means that there is no kaos.bin on the stick or that the version of the kaos.bin on the stick is the same as you have already installed.
    The fact that the external storage option shows up means that your stick is already being recognised.
    Please try to format it again in the Profiler to make sure that it is fully compatible.

• expand the downloaded .zip archive and search for the update file called “kaos.bin” inside. Copy the file into the root directory on the pre-formatted USB stick using your Mac or PC. The root directory is the first, or top-most, directory in the hierarchy. Next, unmount the USB stick from your computer and plug it into the PROFILER. Follow the on screen instructions which will appear after a couple of seconds.Usually, you can update to the latest firmware in one step.

• Ok I've tried it again, formatted memory stick, downloaded 3.1.4 put in Kemper and it offers me those 3 options again! If the kemper says 2.7.4 on opening, shouldn't say 3.1.4 or am I just a mile off the mark here?

• A note I feel might be helpful to some, and possibly Markyboy:

I experienced this exact issue whilst trying to do the latest update.

After jumping through the usual hoops stated here already, it occurred to me to try inserting the stick whilst the unit was powered up. Due to my experience with other gear such as the Roland INTEGRA-7, I'd developed the habit of never inserting or removing a USB stick whilst the unit in question was running. This is what I'd been doing with the KPA, and even after waiting minutes each time just to be sure it wasn't just a response / mounting lag, only the usual storage and backup options appeared.

As soon as I tried inserting it whilst the unit was on (Browser Mode, I think), a few seconds later, bingo!

I'll make an exception to the only-insert-and-remove-stick-whilst-powered-down rule for the Kemper in future and make it my go-to modus operandi.

Hope this helps.

• The mistake I was making was, I didn't extract the kaos bin thing to the usb stick on its own, I just copied all the files it downloaded and I think tha must have confused the KPA, I wrongly assumed it would only read the file it needed but obviously not! The thing that confused me most was when you copied the file to) it gave you an option with a drop down arrow giving you the same option again, next to it was a greyed out box that I thought was not in use but when I pressed it, low and behold it gave me various drive options! Sorted!!

Thankyou for for your help chaps

mark