Bass player wants to go to Kemper.

• I do notice that some of the bass profiles floating around are a little shy on low end, so maybe there is some kind of HPF built into the profiling process . I posted one on rig exchange that is my main bass sound. It's called KlappyBass. I think I captured some nice low end when I profiled it, but I can't say why exactly.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I do notice that some of the bass profiles floating around are a little shy on low end, so maybe there is some kind of HPF built into the profiling process . I posted one on rig exchange that is my main bass sound. It's called KlappyBass. I think I captured some nice low end when I profiled it, but I can't say why exactly.

Thank you! I'll try it!

• 1) Kemper is a good choice for bass? Or has a boomy/mid sound?

The Profiler has no 'signature sound', the result depends entirely on the Profile used

2. There aren't any bass-specific effects (like the Bass Big Muff, Boss Bass OD, etc

All these so called bass-specific effects do is:
    - allow the user to mix in the dry signal (on drives)
    - allow the user to set a crossover frequency, so the low end is uneffected (on modulation effects, typically chorus)

The Profiler gives you even more parameters: 'Mix' on drives, 'Direct' in the AMPLIFIER module, plus the powerful Parallel Path feature and 'Crossover' on modulation effects.

• The Profiler has no 'signature sound', the result depends entirely on the Profile used

All these so called bass-specific effects do is:- allow the user to mix in the dry signal (on drives)
    - allow the user to set a crossover frequency, so the low end is uneffected (on modulation effects, typically chorus)

The Profiler gives you even more parameters: 'Mix' on drives, 'Direct' in the AMPLIFIER module, plus the powerful Parallel Path feature and 'Crossover' on modulation effects.

True. The "Mix" parameter on drive effects has been broken for a while though, so I tend to forget that it's there.

• Just purchased a Kemper Powerrack in excelente condition on ebay for 2k.....
    I think will arive here in Brazil in the end of the month.

Let's see if I'll like the Kemper... I was a FAS user (Axe and the Fx8)... sold the two units hahaha

ha ha ha!!! Please tell me what you think once you try it. :)

• Yes, Guido's pack is great value "For the Price of a Coffee™". Can't go wrong there.

The only question I have is: WHY? Why I have wait soo long and used other gears (AxeFX and Fx8)? I have wasted years hahaha....

Same here, and many others have too, if it makes you feel any better, mate. ;)

• I don't think that Kemper has lack of low end in some profiles..
    Perhaps is because I use Kemper with bass cabs? Like Ampeg 410 HLF, 410HE and a 610 HLF.... and a good bass..
    There are some profiles with lack of low I assume, but with EQ you can compensate it very easy and quickly....

Probably using them with a cab compensates the missing low end when the profile has this problem.

I didn't succeed profiling any of the bass amps or preamps I tried without losing some lows. Opened a ticket with support and they couldn't find the reason... When I can't use a bass cab (recording at home), I use a Torpedo VB-101 in combination with a preamp (EBS Microbass II, VT Bass DI, ...). I'll profile some of these combinations and share them.

• Some profiles (clean, dirty) from EBS Microbass would be great on Rig Manager .... :love:

Ha ha ha! I'll do some profiles this weekend and upload them. The Microbass has many switches and you can combine channels A and B. If you would like any specific settings, don't hesitate to ask.

• Interesting, pacocito. I well remember our not being able to get to the bottom(!) of why you lost, what was it, 5 or 6dB of the low end below 50 or 80 Hz? Yet in this, your latest effort, you didn't encounter the problem. Great news, and yet there's still that unanswered question.

Probably using them with a cab compensates the missing low end when the profile has this problem.

I reckon you're right, and this is probably why I've had no sense of a lack of bottom end whatsoever, and I've tried many bass-amp Profiles. I thought they all sounded great in their various unique ways.

Thanks for uploading the SVR Profile, mate.

• Interesting, pacocito. I well remember our not being able to get to the bottom(!) of why you lost, what was it, 5 or 6dB of the low end below 50 or 80 Hz? Yet in this, your latest effort, you didn't encounter the problem. Great news, and yet there's still that unanswered question.

I reckon you're right, and this is probably why I've had no sense of a lack of bottom end whatsoever, and I've tried many bass-amp Profiles. I thought they all sounded great in their various unique ways.
    Thanks for uploading the SVR Profile, mate.

Hi! I've just discovered that I don't have the problem with clean profiles! I'm doing something different. Today I've been doing some tests with the clean channel of the EBS (both DI and combined with some Two Notes cabs) and the profiles were spot on.

I'll try with overdrive. I'll come back with the results tomorrow.

I was losing 5-6 dB below 80 Hz.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().