What kind of music are you listening to right now?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jimmy is playing with John McLaughlin on his final tour.

• Gord Downie, front man for Canadian group Tragically Hip died last night at 53 from a brain tumor. :(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jimmy is playing with John McLaughlin on his final tour.

I bought my tickets for 11/11 at the Lincoln Theatre back in February - 6th row baby!!!

Friends band just released a new EP. Always great stuff, reminds me a modern metal version of Emperor.

• It's hard theses days finding some music that really kicks me, like bands/music did while getting adult in some way... :P
    BUT over the last years I found some music that touched me, though...

Fall out boy and their totally underrated monster album "Folie a deux"
    The Intersphere
    The Brother Strut
    Brad Paisley

stay tuned... :thumbup:

• If my mother ever sang to me as a child, her voice must have sounded like this...

• ECM has just released their whole catalogue for digital streaming on Apple Music and Spotify. I added around 35 albums to my library this weekend, some of which I had on vinyl years ago. So much great music...

• I got very much into this band recently. They are AC/DC of today - pure, raw energy on stage. Very rhythmic, melodic hard rock, even similar head banging.

Airbourne:

• I got very much into this band recently. They are AC/DC of today - pure, raw energy on stage. Very rhythmic, melodic hard rock, even similar head banging.

Airbourne:

Missing the classic Angus style soloing, unfortunately. The news about Malcolm a couple of days back was sad.

• This is epic no matter how you look at it, so I just had to share it with you guys. If you don't get goosebumps from the guitar solo during the second or third listen, there's something wrong with you... unless you got 'em first time 'round.

The album's a ripper too. They chose only 9 tracks, and the result is a no-filler, brilliant effort. I actually waited quite a while for this one to come out, having heard about the project perhaps 6 months before the album was ready, and it didn't disappoint.

External Content youtu.be

• Our 'National Elvis' just died at the age of 74 , he his immensely popular here in France

I never really liked the man and his voice, but I recon this man was a monster on stage with such a powerful voice.

My father had the chance to hear him live in Paris in late 60's ,opening Johnny's show with an unknown black guitarist ... Jimi Hendrix

Anyway the best period to hear Johnny's music is the early 70's

just have a listen to this overproduced 1970 album : full orchestra , choir , monster studio sharks , arrangers etc ...

lyrics are crazy stange & stupid , but the music and production was like Alan Parson's one.

• Mohini Dey again in a Karnataka-Rhythym context. Finest!

External Content youtu.be

• Resurrecting this thread.
    No, this is no mistake. I just like music that makes my interior moving as well as feet tapping on the floor. I know 90% of the dance track use the same chord progression. But I don't care since I listen to it over and over.
    Now you can remove me from your friends :D

• :thumbup:

• :thumbup:

Especially liked 2:24.45 - 2:27.00 :thumbup:

They're "crazy" talented!

• I understand you Skoz !

But I don't care since I listen to it over and over.

I sometimes listen like 3 times a row old 90's stupid dance track, with so much energy to wake me up in the morning ( like this one ) ?(

But ATM I'm in a soul mood , this one keeps me happy while I'm into slight winter blues :