What gear did you get in 2016? Any plans for 2017?

• - Slate Raven MTI 2, 10/10, enhances my studio workflow greatly

Ingolf,

For shits and giggles, did you try the Raven with Reaper? Just curious.
    Looks fantastic. I'd sell my X-Touch in a heart beat. May even entice me back to one of my other DAWs. Didn't realize it was so friggin big!

• 2016 I got;

Early 90's Gibson ES-335
    Chapman ML-1
    Assembled Tele, from parts. A "Partscaster"
    Seymour Duncan JB
    Suhr DA bridge HB
    Suhr Koko boost
    Eventide H9
    Xotic BB Plus
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    Xotic SP compressor
    Kemper Rack - unpowered
    Carvin 1540L power amp
    THD 2x12 (another to match the one I already had)
    FCB1010
    Mission EP-1
    Yamaha DXR10

...and sold lot's of stuff too to make way for the above.

2017 plans:
    Would love to pickup a Les Paul Custom

• Agreed, db. I thought AJ's 8/10 rating was a little harsh. I was hoping he'd have loved it more seeing as I highly recommended he purchase it...
    AJ, wassup wit' dat, brah?

All you guys with good health and jobs... I can barely stand reading all your acquisitions! Man, it's like Hog Heaven™ imagining the sheer pace of purchasing you do. I sure hope you all appreciate the positions you're in! 8o

Oh, I love it, Nicky! It definitely is a great piece of gear, so I probably was too harsh in hindsight!

Same goes for most of the gear I ranked, they are actually quite good, but I was trying to be conservative in my rating. After all, if a Kemper is a 10, I can think of hardly any of my gear that has improved my music than that.

I can definitely increase the rating for the Motif to 8.5 or 9 out of 10! It is pretty sweet after all and built like a tank.

Much love to you, Nicky! I indeed feel blessed to be having some good luck after some real struggles. Life is like that - ups and downs and periods of stagnation. Hope 2017 is the year you get your recording project onstream.

In fact, I say you stop waiting for all the pieces in your recording chain, and get started with what you have right now! You have a Kemper - start laying down guitar parts and structuring your ideas! Even if you have to re-record later, it will still get you some valuable experience under your belt for the final recordings.

All the gear in the world doesn't help if you don't get down to work. I've started really grinding on my own project and hope to finish it by February-end or March.

Then comes the hard part of trying to get published. :)

• In 2016 I got:
    - Kemper profiler (unpowered toaster) + remote 9/10 (10/10 with an editor SW :D )
    - Denon Axis 8 7/10
    - Rolls PM351 8/10
    - dbx goRack 8/10
    - Wi AudioLink pro 8/10
    - Behringer GDI21, ADI21, BDI21 (cheap backups in case the Kemper fails) 7/10
    - Submarine pickup 9/10
    - Zoom A3 8/10
    - Digitech JamMan Stereo 8/10

Plans for 2017:
    - Line6 Relay G10 or similar
    - Some preamp for my Risa Uke-stick
    - Some better backup for the Kemper

• Frank since you're Delay Master :) let me ask you - can U do the airplane effect on Kemper's flanger FX?

• What cooler is this @MonkeyPeanutButter? Is it for 1155 socket?

• Ingolf,
    For shits and giggles, did you try the Raven with Reaper? Just curious.
    Looks fantastic. I'd sell my X-Touch in a heart beat. May even entice me back to one of my other DAWs. Didn't realize it was so friggin big!

No I didn't, Dennis.
    I'm not sure there is Raven software support for Reaper ATM. There is for the bigger boys though (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One).

• bought in 2016 :
    Marshall JCM-1 1W 10/10 , perfect sound at home volume
    Yamaha DXR-10 9/10
    Reverend Sensei 9/10
    Gibson Les Paul Classic 2014 8/10 , good but sold to buy a higher end LP in 2017
    Suhr Classic Pro 9/10, would have got 10/10 if the trussrod wasn't defective

sold in 2016 :
    Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Custom Shop VOS R7 1957 => didn't sound thick as i like in LP's
    Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's tribute min-Etune
    Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Ash
    Guitare ESP Viper EMG 81 85 => too much lacquer doesn't let the guitar vibrate
    Gibson SG 61 Derek Trucks => I should have kept this one !
    Gibson Bass EB13 + Ampeg BA-108 bass amp => bass is not for me

plans for 2017 :
    - a good LP, custom shop or maybach
    - a SG, probably the 2017 standard
    - torpedo live or studio
    - and still looking for a vintage 60's SG standard, hope it'll be for 2017

• well for me :

• studio one 3
    • a ukulele for my daughter
    • a crappy used 100€ lefty tele for slide works, actually converted to right handed & definitely tuned in E, works flawlessly on the KPA and sounds glorious.
    • Nitrogen21 Fuzz pedal , fantastic french boutique pedal
    • Djemass mark IIC+ boogie , still planning to do some profiles out of this monster

Planning to buy a Jazz bass maybe the vintage version of the Marcus Miller Sire, and maybe a thinline telecaster, I miss this one very much.

Planning to sell lots of stuff (Vintage analog Ibanez multi effect, roland guitar synth,Yamaha 70's folk,variax 300,pedals ...)

• I've been pretty good this year. Or 'not trying hard enough' compared to most of you guys :)

Only things I've bought have been plugins when they've been on sale.... and a microphone

Slate bundle 9/10
    Izotope Neutron 10/10
    Soundtoys bundle 8/10
    A couple of EZ Drummer expansions (Southern Soul and the Icelandic one whose name I forget right now) 9/10
    Shure SM7b 10/10
    Some new plectrums :)

Sold
    Strymon Möbius (great pedal but wasn't getting the use it deserved).
    TC electronics polytune

Plans for 2017
    Sell Strymon Timeline (again a great pedal but I'm more than happy with the delays on the Kemper plus Echoboy in my Soundtoys bundle so it ought to go)
    Sell a couple of guitars that don't get played
    Sell Strymon Flint if Kemper improve the tremolo and put a spring reverb in the Toaster :)

Buy..... I keep looking at Baritones then not doing it.

• in 2016 I bought:

• KEMPER remote
    • Robert Keeley´s Red Dirt Mini Overdrive (which I love like the KPA)

plans for 2017:

• sE Electronics sE2200a II C - condenser mic
    • Sennheiser HD600 - headphones

ps: Wish all the best to all of you in 2017! Let´s have another Happy Kemper Year! :)

• Oh, I love it, Nicky! It definitely is a great piece of gear, so I probably was too harsh in hindsight!

Same goes for most of the gear I ranked, they are actually quite good, but I was trying to be conservative in my rating. After all, if a Kemper is a 10, I can think of hardly any of my gear that has improved my music than that.

I can definitely increase the rating for the Motif to 8.5 or 9 out of 10! It is pretty sweet after all and built like a tank.

Glad to hear it is indeed living up to your high standards, AJ. I mean, the Kemper's like that wunderkind at high school who pushes everyone else's marks down by raising standards. Were it not for this kid, the MOTIF would surely rate very-near 10 IMHO - classy sound, ridiculously-easy to use and built like a brick shithouse.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, BTW (not quoted to save space); much appreciated bro'.

I'm not sure there is Raven software support for Reaper ATM. There is for the bigger boys though (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One).

... and Digital Performer. :D

• I brought my Kemper this year- so a very good year my end gear wise! Also got a handful of pedals- Earthquaker Devices' 'Dispatch Master', 'Cloven Hoof' and 'The Depths'. Also got my hands on a Strymon Mobius but sold it soon after in favour of the Flint.

Asides from the KPA which is obviously the winner by a large margin, the highlights were the Dispatch Master and the Flint.

• As my Kemper has been honed into the bands set list, I have found that there are very few things I "NEED".

In 2016:

• Kemper Remote (One of my MIDI cables went bad with my FCB1010 ... but I was really just sick of having 3 things to plug in instead of just 1 ..... and I really wanted the remote. (10/10).
    • Moog EP3 linear pedal (9/10).
    • Audix ATM M50x headphones (huge upgrade over my Sennheiser HD280's) (10/10)
    • Panel mount custom build having all connections for my KPA directly on the back of my rack (10/10)

For 2017 I will be purchasing a new guitar (first one in 15 years). I have a hankerin for something with humbuckers and some gain. I am thinking a PRS SE Custom 24. I have been playing my American Strats for ever. One has Kinman pickups in it and the other has Lindy Fralins. Great sounds, but I feel like I would enjoy some richer sounds on some songs we do.

Rumor has it that Behringer will be releasing a "direct to SD card recorder" expansion card for their X32 digital mixers. Since I have an X32 Rack, I will be all over this when it is released. I currently bring a laptop to every gig. One less piece of equipment to hookup is a great thing.

It is sad really. I used to lust after all kinds of gear. Now I have very few things on my wish list.

• Rumor has it that Behringer will be releasing a "direct to SD card recorder" expansion card for their X32 digital mixers

There's already one product on the market, the Cymatic Audio uTrack-X32. But I wouldn't recommend it.
    The major downside of it is the use of FAT32 filesystem and its limitation to 4GB filesize. No idea why they didn't go for exFAT.

Would be great to see Behringer to come up with a proper solution but I haven't heard of that rumor yet. Hmmm.

• 2016:
    - Boss Looper RC-1 8/10
    - Boss Chorus CE-2w 9/10
    - Korg OT-120 Tuner for my Girlfriend's Girl's Cello no rating/her fun!

2017:
    - Kemper Powerrack w/remote 8o
    - A (or two?) good active FRFR monitor(s) for that - but which? Atomic CLR? Dynacord AXM? RCF SMA 10/12? ...?
    - Vocal Mic Neumann KMS105?
    - something simple to record stuff
    - selling a Boss GT-5
    - selling a Laney AOR 50 combo

Best wishes to all for 2017!