Remote bank up & down button reversed

• He he, I work the whole day with a computer but i never thought about this.
    I bought the remote and read the manual and from this point on it was clear for me which button i have to press. I think it depends that i dont compared the remote to a computer. I see it as my control unit of the kpa and if there is a button up/ down it is like it is.

So you have luck not to be victim of a kind of pawlov-reflex by not seeing he KPA as computer. ;) Actually it is almost :)

I had some other devices before and all was working in the way I decribed in a former mail.

To use horicontal and vertical buttons for control functions is a quite common way for positioning and navigating.
    The order depends on the result you expect. Nobody would expect that you have to press down if you want go up with a lift.
    It makes no sense as it contradicts your imagination of the movement you expect. Even if it is marked with a text - you would be confuse.

If you want to navigate through a list than normally your imagination would be - the lowest number is at the top. (horicontal it would be left)
    You are trained for this with a legion of personal experiences - you need not to think about or to read in which direction you have to navigate your eyes.
    Even you do not have a computer you would search on a paper at the top for the lowest number without thinking about.

Congratulate once more that you are not hindered by a spatial representation of a sequence. :)

Anyway it not make sense, to change immediately to the opposite. To much people are now familiar with the present situation.
    But it would make sense to be able to choose the functionality via dialog in the system menu. :!:

• This confuses me also, I always go the wrong way. I think it should be a setting.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I just got my new profiler and I was surprised that the direction to switch performances cannot be changed. For me it feels wrong that way and it often happens that I return to the same song we already played minutes before. It is hard to get used to that for me.

I saw in several posts in January 2017, April 2017 and even before that I am not the only one beiing irritated with that.

As proposed I open the topic again. Would be nice to get an answer by Kemper.

Ditto, to me the buttons are backwards, I don't know if I'll ever get used to it. I don't know why that is, it really doesn't seem like a big deal but for whatever reason I just can't get used to it. I would really like the option to swap the buttons in the settings.

• I have played with midi gear for the last 15 years, and the logic way to have banks is not horisontaly! its verticaly! then you have bank up on the upper button and bank down on the lower button.. simple...

• I have played with midi gear for the last 15 years, and the logic way to have banks is not horisontaly! its verticaly! then you have bank up on the upper button and bank down on the lower button.. simple...

So you think the Up arrow should display the next 5 rigs (alphabetically) and the Down arrow should take you back Up the list?

Do you use Mac computers by chance?

Edited once, last by Finally ().

• I am talkink about up/down for banks on the Kemper remote! nothing to do with MAC or computers!!
    I save my rigs in banks in performance mode.. dont use computers..

• Understood. That was an attempt to validate my hypothesis that preference for arrows on the bank buttons might be based on the type of computer they've historically used. No offence intended. :)

• I thought similar. though my reason was more because from an ergonomic standpoint, it's easy to step on a switch on the edge, than one between two other switches. You aim doesn't have to be as good to hit the current bank down button on the far left, vs hitting the bank up which is between the bank down and one of the effect slot toggles. Since you're more likely to need to hit bank up during a set, it makes sense to but that on the edge.

Here's a useful workaround to solve the issue: Simply arrange your performances in reverse order. This way you're banking down to the next performance in your set. So if your first song is in performance bank 15, song two is in 14, three in 13 and so on. Then you can step on the outside switch to bank down to your next performance.

• This way you're banking down to the next performance in your set. So if your first song is in performance bank 15, song two is in 14, three in 13 and so on. Then you can step on the outside switch to bank down to your next performance.

Is'nt it that you have to shift all performances if you add a new one?

• Is'nt it that you have to shift all performances if you add a new one?

You might have to, depending on how you organize. But hypothetically suppose you started at bank 15 and worked your way all the way down to bank 1 over the months as you create new performances. At this point, to add a new performance you'd have to go to bank 16 and if you want it prior to 1, you'd have to shift your performances. You could however, take five minutes and move all your performances up to the highest bank there is, and work downwards over time, just as easily as starting at bank 1 and working up over time.
    But regardless, if you're organizing performances based on set list order in a concert (the rational of this feature request based on needing to split second bank changes while playing live) you're going to be moving your performances up and down in random ways on a regular basis anyhow. Each new performance you create isn't automatically going to be needed after your last created performance. In any case, being able to flip-flop the switch functions is a good idea, but until Kemper offers this feature , placing your concert performances in backwards order might be the next best thing.