Two Kemper... good idea or power trip?

• IMO unless you’re touring this is luxurious. Better save for guitars as you already have all amps

Yes sure the idea is one for touring one for studio (or home studio) works

Of course if I had the money I'd get two to use the old trick to connect 2 amps on a single guitar to get a richer sound right away live or right away in studio (instead of overdubbing) Finally we are more limited by money than by ideas.... ideas like... a Ac 30 panned in the middle (picked by a mic) and two kempers panned L and R on the console , all linked to one guitar (booster splitter 3 out)

• I had 2 Kempers for several months. My first was a "Toaster" KPA that I initially just bought for home recording, but then like it so much I wanted to use one with the band, so after biting the financial bullet, picked up a rack KPA as well thinking it would be a more robust setup for constant live gigs. For me it was the right call.

After a few months it was obvious the rack KPA (in a shallow SKB Roto case) was a better fit for me all round. Even in the rack, it is light, easy to throw in vehicles etc, and really no hassle to move around at all. Overall was just more convenient for me in every way. I sold the toaster and now just take the rack one home when I need it. Keeping both seemed totally pointless.

I never did try running both at one in Stereo though. Shamefully.... that setup never even occurred to me :| Would have been fun to screw with!

• I had 2 Kempers for several months. My first was a "Toaster" KPA that I initially just bought for home recording, but then like it so much I wanted to use one with the band, so after biting the financial bullet, picked up a rack KPA as well thinking it would be a more robust setup for constant live gigs. For me it was the right call.

After a few months it was obvious the rack KPA (in a shallow SKB Roto case) was a better fit for me all round. Even in the rack, it is light, easy to throw in vehicles etc, and really no hassle to move around at all. Overall was just more convenient for me in every way. I sold the toaster and now just take the rack one home when I need it. Keeping both seemed totally pointless.

I never did try running both at one in Stereo though. Shamefully.... that setup never even occurred to me :| Would have been fun to screw with!

Yes, I have the rack in a shallow SKB 3u and it can even go as hand luggage on the plane. Initially I was going to get a toaster for this, but it isn’t really that much smaller and even weighs a little more than the rack.

There is a lot of space inside the rack unit, so I guess the 3u thing is all about the user interface.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Its all down to how much you tour and record. The main benefit ( apart from the stereo debate) is ease of use.

If you gig and record regularly, its a no brainer I think.

The only other question is do you need them in sync ? probably not and fairly easy to do.

I have one because I gig mainly and rarely record. However when we recorded a live gig, so easy to punch in "fixes" to my duff playing with the exact same sound....