New guy from Los Angeles

• Hey whats up guys, and Merry Christmas to all you guys around the world. I'm a life long player. Sometimes more serious than other times. Sometimes in bands and gigging and as of now, playing at home. I'm a plug and play kind of guy. Not much of a tweaker. My motto is, "If you cant play no gear will save your ass".

Anyways, I play Les Pauls and Teles mostly in to a 1987 and a 4x12 and a silverface Pro reverb.

I guess Im just looking for validation to get a Kemper....After all they are fairly pricy.

Anyways, I am glad to be here.

• Welcome. I switched to my Kemper from a Bogner Shiva and I'm very happy.

My monitoring depends on the situation. Headphones for practicing by myself or recording, 2x12 guitar cab for jamming or rehearsing, and straight into the FRFR PA for live.

I use one of my PA speakers instead of the guitar cab if I'm playing bass or acoustic at a jam or rehearsal.

• I think I might just get one...haha. Im thinking powered and a full range 2x12, and sell the rest of my crap. The only reason Im holding myself back is my experience in the digital realm from back in the day, namely the old school Line 6 pod xt pro. I didnt like that one at all really...Granted, technology has come A LONG since Im sure.

• I think I might just get one...haha. Im thinking powered and a full range 2x12, and sell the rest of my crap. The only reason Im holding myself back is my experience in the digital realm from back in the day, namely the old school Line 6 pod xt pro. I didnt like that one at all really...Granted, technology has come A LONG since Im sure.

I used to gig a bean and a XT Live. Then I went back to tubes for years.

This

Is

Light

Years

Ahead!!!

Water's fine... jump in.

I've been through a number of Line 6 adventures and always kept going back to Marshall / Fender / Vox and pedals. For what it's worth, I bought a Kemper a month or so ago. A week later I sold every amp I owned.

I really don't enjoy tweaking and I'm not very good at it. An advantage of the Kemper is that a profile is a snapshot after someone has already dialed in a killer tone. The end result is often much better than what I heard though my tube amps. There's still a range of tweaks you can make but I rarely need to.

I bought a powered head because I didn't sell my speaker cabs. For a while I ran it through my 1960a 4x12 (monitor cab off) and it sounded great. However, I was losing some of what I heard through the main outs going to the studio reference monitors, so I bought an FRFR. I ended up buying a powered one (DXR-10) because size is a factor with my car but I'm still glad I got the powered head, as now I have unlimited options. The DXR-10 at 105db will make the hair on your arms stand up.

As for price, between a powered head and the remote I dropped around $3000. I thought that was a helluva lot of money until I started looking at the price of amps out there, with a lot of heads in the $2000 - $4000 range. For the price of one of them, I now have a huge collection of vintage Marshalls, Fenders and Voxes as well as Bogners, Engls, Friedmans and a host of others. All available at the push of a button.

Of course, none of this matters if the sound is crap, and we've both been through those experiences. After living with the Kemper for a month or so, both in the studio, through guitar cabs and FRFRs, I have absolutely zero regrets about selling my amps. My guitar has never sounded this good. Yeah, it took some time, but this digital stuff is finally able to stand side by side with the real thing.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Welcome!

Nothing comes close to a full blown tube amp next to you - but the Kemper is the closed thing to get this sound.
    When it comes to recording, direct to PA, in ears... you need a Kemper.

Kemper and the old L6 stuff is like day and night.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de