Mixing multiple amps !

• Couldn't the Mono or Stereo Loop, with mix set appropriately, be used in this way already? The only hitch is that you have additional FX post-loop, and therefore shared by both rigs

I was thinking of using the (mono) loop for adding external effects to the KPA rig, while using the Alternative Input to introduce an external second rig.
    Thus, two rigs in parallel.
    I can do this now using a mixer. This would just be easier.

• Just looking for one less piece of equip

Yeah, it would be great to simply carry a lunchbox on stage and have it do everything, but if you consider it as just "the amp" then you get a different perspective ... :D

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• anot - The DSP56301 is 208pin though which fits, but it's odd if the DSP56720 is only 144pin, because that begs the question - what's happened to the extra pins? It's meant to be two DSP563xx cores.

The other issue is that the 56301 is a max 100MHz chip/core, so that means the quoted 200MHz on Motorol's website is the combined frequency already i.e. 2x100MHz, so again it doesn't fit unless the chip has been massively overclocked.

Here's an (alleged) pic of the 56720 : http://0.tqn.com/d/hometheater…ervsx1020dolbydtschip.jpg

Which doesn't look the same at all to me, the one in the KPA looks more like the DSP53xxx range though, but overclocking to 400MHz equivalent would surely burn these things out ridiculously quickly, especially as there's no heat-sink, and ruling out the 56720 they're all single core. They can't be the MSC chips either as you point out the starcores require a mount with the pins underneath.

The chip on the left looks like the RAM.

It would be nice if Christoph could comment to clear up the confusion.

Edited 2 times, last by Per ().

• Anyone heard anything about this lately? Picked up my kemper the other day and would love to be able to mix two amps but all the posts on here are more than a year old and I can't find much else on it.

• Not to counter the logic that more processing power is better, I think it should be pointed out that implementation of code is more critical. It can be seen in simple cellphones with similar specs, with one being smoother to operate than the other, better at multi-tasking, etc. In that sense, I often feel it is easy to be misled by specs, in the case of a guitar for example.

The real proof of the pudding is in the eating. Doesn't matter how good it looks in the recipe book.

Anyway, didn't Mr CK say somewhere he doesn't plan to implement dual profiles because there isn't enough processing power available? Pretty sure I read that somewhere.