Diss Intention

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

To make up for not spending much time yesterday I went with a more progged out noodle today.

• I have to vent . Lately my partner and I submitted a nice jingle we did for a kid cartoon and it got rejected. They said it was not "kid music" enough and the example they provided was mediocre, generic infantilizing garbage. I remember that things like Fraggle Rock for example always had creative, catchy songs and the band was smashing; I dug it when I was a kid and now it seems like I missed the memo where kid stuff had to be dumbed down. Anyway, in many similar contexts, uninspired and formulaic tunes and jingles now seem to be regarded as the norm unfortunately. People like you gives me faith that there is still some folks out there whose compass is oriented towards cool and creative stuff. I see you putting out awesome "noodles" everyday lately and I have huge respect. I hope you have an avenue where your songwriting is valued and appreciated. 8)

• Thanks for checking it out Monkey_Man and deadman42 (I know it’s a tad long)!

Thanks JedMckenna - I believe we live in very (dangerously) conformist bland times. I work in graphics mostly and for sure design currently is all about being “tasteful” and I guess so is a lot of music. The good news is that in my experience Gen Z seem to be much less risk averse, albeit in a slightly conformist way too, but it seems the current management out there have things locked down pretty tight so it’ll take a while for it to percolate. I absolutely believe there’s a market for characterful content, it just need the right backers. Anyhow you’re very kind, this stuff I post is pretty fumbly, I just post it here and on my Twitter feed and only get feedback or engagement here, that’s ok music is my hobby to add structure and let off steam at the end of the day. It’s be nice to make something out of it one day but for now just having the privilege of being able to record ideas and learn is pretty nice.