Reverb in delay repeats

• I apologize if I’m bloating up the forums, but I’m seriously ADD and can’t find what I’m searching for.
    There are times that I use fairly lengthy delay times with a fair amount of reverb.

So far I’ve dug into “Rig” parameters and tinkered with the serial, parallel and “only delay tails with no success.

Tinkered with the reverb settings and delay settings. Not finding it.

I’m trying to send the dry signal AND the DLY into the reverb input. Essentially having the same reverb on the dry and DLY signal.
    so far I have found...

delay without dry and no reverb.

reverb & delay but delay is absent of reverb.

reverb, no delay no dry signal.

I love my Kemper, but does it really need to be this obscured? I assumed this was a fairly common application in guitar effects.

I’ve used Rocktron effects for years and there was a simple reverb mix parameter in the delay settings allowing more or less of the delay signal sent into reverb.
    Id prefer not have to add a separate effects unit to my rack if I don’t have to.

Sorry so lengthy. Just trying to be specific.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hey Hozzer66, I see this is your first post so welcome! Thanks for the lengthy post. That should help someone get you in the right direction.

Sadly I do not follow your question. So I am of no help.

I have always assumed you put the FX in the order you want them to be used in the FX slots. So put the delay before the reverb to get delay with reverb. Or vice versa. There is also an ECHO REVERB that is a verb with a longer start delay that can act as both a verb and delay.

From your description of Dry and Wet signals I almost assume you are doing some routing other than the normal FX slots in the Kemper.

• Hi Wheresthedug, I follow this topic but I can't find anything about this DLY+REV Routing on page 266: nor in Rig setting, nor in Category Delay types nor in Reverb types (OS 8.6.6). Where do I have to look in my Powerhead. I'd like to experiment with these features.

I

• Actually….it’s one page over, p267:

DLY+REV Routing (in Rig Settings)

“DLY+REV Routing” is another feature exclusive to the DLY and REV modules. It’s a unique parameter, available in Rig Settings, that allows continuous control over the routing of the effects located in the DLY and REV modules. For the following description, let‘s assume that you have placed a delay in the DLY module and a reverb in the REV module.

At the center position, the tow modules are simply set in a serial configuration; this means the reverb comes after the delay, and both the dry and delay signals are fed in equal amounts to the reverb. This is pretty much what you would expect in the first place.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Copied from original post: So far I’ve dug into “Rig” parameters and tinkered with the serial, parallel and “only delay tails" with no success.

I've been using OS version 8.6.6 since its release, so I'm confident that's not the issue.

Below are my responses to each of your suggestions. I'm not trying to be rude. I just feel like I should be able to figure this out, but I'm on the verge of insanity because I keep retrying your suggestions and all things that make sense to me, but with no change in results.

Wheresthedug

Under the RIG section the DLY+REV Routing is allegedly able to control the mix that I'm seeking.

At -100% I get original signal with reverb and DLY repeats without reverb.

testing in increments of 25 I find no change until the <0> setting is reached.

At that point I have original signal with reverb and delay repeats without reverb.

When i get to +100% I have original signal without reverb and delay repeats without reverb.

I did this test as I'm writing this so I can be accurate and not give false info (at my age, memory slips some).

Rosbonemako

I was assuming the "post amplifier" effects were routed in the the order they are listed on the front panel.

This was confirmed by the PDF manual I downloaded.

Ruefus

I have the book that it came with, but it has only 175 pages. That includes 5 languages.

I downloaded the PDF version and page 267 has MIDI implementation.

Page 21 however does say this about effects though.

Among the RIG menu pages I did find this, but the "parallel" option is not checked so I assume this is not the culprit.

Again, please don't take this as being rude. I'm just getting quite frustrated with something that doesn't need to be this complicated.

in 2015, I spent 11 months getting my IT certs and have been employed for the past five years as a CNC machinist, making things for the US military. After high school I attended a school of luthierie. I don't consider myself an idiot, but I'm starting to wonder.

Building guitars id not a problem. I can put my hands on on the timber as a physical connection. Trying to find virtual knobs in amongst 97 menus with an average of 23.7 parameters each is getting old (I'm fluent in sarcasm).

Don't get me wrong. I love my Kemper. I just think its "user friendliness" has a little to be desired.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Your help is appreciated.

• You’re looking at the quick start manual. There is a wealth of documentation beyond that.

ST put this together. I would start with Download Main Manual 8.5 English.

That is the document I’m referring to. Hope this helps.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Wheresthedug

Under the RIG section the DLY+REV Routing is allegedly able to control the mix that I'm seeking.

At -100% I get original signal with reverb and DLY repeats without reverb.

testing in increments of 25 I find no change until the <0> setting is reached.

Yes, that is the correct behaviour for a parallel signal path. However, there should be a subtle change as you move back towards 0.

......until the <0> setting is reached.

At that point I have original signal with reverb and delay repeats without reverb.

When i get to +100% I have original signal without reverb and delay repeats without reverb.

I did this test as I'm writing this so I can be accurate and not give false info (at my age, memory slips some).

Assuming you have the Delay in the DLY block and the Reverb in the Rev block, you should be hearing Original Signal with Delay Repeats with Reverb as well. i.e. exactly as you would expect feeding one pedal into the other. Going to +100 wouldn't be expected to give the sound you describe wanting.

If the Routing at 0 isn't giving you the correct results then something must be off elsewhere.

How do you have the output section configured?

Are you running Stereo or Mono?

Main Outputs or Monitor Out?

What signal have you allocated to your desired output? Master Mono / Master Stereo / Modulation etc

• Hi Wheresthedug, I follow this topic but I can't find anything about this DLY+REV Routing on page 266: nor in Rig setting, nor in Category Delay types nor in Reverb types (OS 8.6.6). Where do I have to look in my Powerhead. I'd like to experiment with these features.

I

Finally found it! :thumbup:

• I just think its "user friendliness" has a little to be desired.

The Kemper does an amazing job at making a standard pedal/amp scenario easy to edit, which is its target audience. The fact it can even do what you are asking for proves how dedicated they are to making it work for most situations. So a little menu diving can be forgiven.

And we have all been at your level of frustration with things in life. I commend you for sticking to it and not giving up. It shows a higher level of intelligence. And love the sarcasm. :P

• I'm using the main outs going into Laney LFR212.....live. In studio, I use a pair of Laney LFR212's. I think they sound awesome by the way.

I think I may be on to something. In the "RIG" parameters there is a "Panorama". If I set it to a 5+, the results are what I'm seeking (for mono application). The drawback seems to be that I use the same profile presets both live (mono) and in the studio (stereo). Apparently I can't tick a mono/stereo box or push a mono/stereo output button on the rear to achieve this.

I'm guessing I'll be needing to create duplicate profile presets. One batch in mono for stage use and another in stereo for studio use.

I've grown to hate bloat on everything I own. from my PC to my phone.

This is going to kinda suck to have to edit every one of the profile presets I use...... Unless someone has a better idea?

FWIW, this was the last one to leave my shop. I think Pau Ferro is my new favorite timber for necks.

• Panorama is just a Pan control and isn’t the solution to your problems. What you need to achievers is really simple in the KPA and can be found in the output menu.

The easiest way to achieve it would be to set monitor output to master mono and plug into that on stage.

Set the main output to master stereo and use that in the studio.

Now all you need to do is plug the speaker into the appropriate output based on where you are using it. No need for bloat, menu diving or compromises.

There are many other options such as output presets etc however, I would highly recommend that you read the main manual to familiarise yourself with all the functions before doing so.

• I finally got a break from making grenade launchers and was able to tinker with my Kemper.

I went through the settings you mentioned and they were already set per your recommendation.

I exited the output menu back to the main front page of the profile and with the help of a little voodoo witchcraft, the results of whatever I didnt't change worked.

I thank you for putting up with my rather daft issues.

as for reading the manual? Right...... LOL My ADD often makes squirrels look like basset hounds comparatively speaking) .

Thanks again.