Rig Manager crashes syncing rigs for over a year now (solved)

• UPDATE - RESOLVED

I was finally able to get support a USB backup where they found a rig that was damaged beyond repair. Once I deleted that rig and selected another, so it wasn't in the buffer, RM is finally able to sync again.

Whew - it's been a year or so!

OP here:

I've been dealing with this for over a year and over multiple updates of Rig Manager including 3.2.65.

Mac OS 10.14.6

Rig Manager 3.2.65

Rig Manager crashes when it reaches the "Syncing Rigs" 100% of the time.

I have sent support no less than 50 crash logs over the course of the last year with no response.

I'm ready to move on to a different product. I've been patient and also offered the crash logs so many times. I'm beyond frustrated.

Edited once, last by CopyCat ().

• Sorry to hear that! I understand that this can be frustrating.:cursing:

How does it crash? is it freezing? (RM can take very long sometimes, so maybe waiting few minutes even if it seems frozen is no bad idea)

Is you KPA OS 8.6 or higher?

Does RM start/work correctly without KPA?

If yes:

Have you tried a different usb port and cable?

Well thats just a guess, but if your RM crashes all the time when it tries to sync the rigs from the KPA, maybe a broken rig on the KPA is the reason for it. I would make a backup of the KPA first, then delete all rigs (or/and set it back to delivery state) and try it again with the KPA "empty".

Good Luck!

Btw: My experience with the support is very good, hard to believe they didnt even anwser you.. :/ ...maybe you try a 2nd mail?

• CopyCat

we've sent you countless requests to include the crashlogs with your reply. Instead you send us download links and never answer our request. Instead you send us the next link after a while.

IF you want us to help you, please reply with debug logs and a crashlog attached. Both files are rather small and you can send them by email. Once received, I'm pretty sure we can help you to fix your issue.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've done all this including backup and wiping the Kemper, then restoring. It fails syncing to RM even when wiped. It only works stand-alone when I don't try to connect RM. RM also launches fine, but ONLY if the Kemper is powered off or just not connected. Both the Kemper and RM work alone, but neither when they're connected.

Kemper is 8.6.0.31858B

Yes I've tried other cables and ports.

RM crashes, the Kemper freezes and has to be forced shut down. I've waited an hour before, thinking maybe it just needed to chug away. That wasn't the case.

I've been through every conceivable fix, many times.

I've contacted support through their portal literally dozens of times. The only response I've ever had was to a forum post, that told me to go to the portal and submit a tech support request, which I had already done dozens of times before and also since. I've always sent them links to download the crash reports. I've used Wetransfer so I'd get notified if they actually DL'd the crash reports. they've never DL'd a single one. I'm generally very forgiving and understanding, but this has been a black hole.

I've loved the Kemper but it may just be time to move on. There are enough things it's behind on now. No dual paths, no recording IO direct to a DAW, and I've lost the software editor for a year now. I've been dealing with everything via USB stick and menu-diving for a long time now.

• .... I've contacted support through their portal literally dozens of times. The only response I've ever had was to a forum post, that told me to go to the portal and submit a tech support request, which I had already done dozens of times before and also since. I've always sent them links to download the crash reports. I've used Wetransfer so I'd get notified if they actually DL'd the crash reports. they've never DL'd a single one. I'm generally very forgiving and understanding, but this has been a black hole.....

I wonder, why you just don't attach crashlogs to your mail?

• I had similar issue with a bug, I sent them the logs ( as requested) by email and they resolved it.

The issue here seems to be you sending the logs by wetransfer? Wetransfer is for when you need to send large files, crashlogs are very small.

If you follow their request and attach the logs not a wetransfer link, you might get it resolved.

• I've contacted support through their portal literally dozens of times. The only response I've ever had was to a forum post, that told me to go to the portal and submit a tech support request, which I had already done dozens of times before and also since. I've always sent them links to download the crash reports. I've used Wetransfer so I'd get notified if they actually DL'd the crash reports. they've never DL'd a single one. I'm generally very forgiving and understanding, but this has been a black hole.

Maybe you should check your SPAM filter, we've sent you loads of replies. Well, we didn't when you've started to send us the same one liner with the attachment every day after day. So, if you want help, please send us the files as requested. Thanks!

• I don't doubt that you are having a recurring problem and I hope you get it fixed. However, as this doesn't happen on literally thousands of other people's setups the fault must be something to do with your computer rather than RM. If it was an RM problem it would be affecting many other users too.

If you want to get it fixed I would highly recommend sending the crashlogs as requested and engaging with support. They are genuinely very helpful people.

• I wonder, why you just don't attach crashlogs to your mail?

This was because there was no mail. A web portal was the only method to contact support and the portal didn't allow me to attach anything. After multiple attempts to reach them, WeTransfer (or something similar to see if the link was DL'd) was the only method I had to see if anyone was taking note.

But as mentioned below support has reached out via eMail and hopefully we can start a back & forth and get this sorted.

• I don't doubt that you are having a recurring problem and I hope you get it fixed. However, as this doesn't happen on literally thousands of other people's setups the fault must be something to do with your computer rather than RM. If it was an RM problem it would be affecting many other users too.

Oh I have no doubt it's isolated to my system. If it were widespread there would be lots of noise on the forum about it and it would've been corrected by now for sure. I had just tried every angle and felt left in the cold.

As support mentioned elsewhere here they tried to reach me a long time ago, but I never saw it. I'm not going to argue any of that as it's not productive. I'll take them at their word. They've reached out again now and hopefully we can squash this!

• Maybe you should check your SPAM filter, we've sent you loads of replies. Well, we didn't when you've started to send us the same one liner with the attachment every day after day. So, if you want help, please send us the files as requested. Thanks!

I've sent a reply to this mail as well as attached the crash logs. I haven't received confirmation that it was received. It could be the time zone difference, or it may be in your SPAM as well. Anyhow thanks for reaching out and I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

• RESOLVED - I was finally able to get support a USB backup where they found a rig that was damaged beyond repair. Once I deleted that rig and selected another, so it wasn't in the buffer, RM is finally able to sync again.

• RESOLVED - I was finally able to get support a USB backup where they found a rig that was damaged beyond repair. Once I deleted that rig and selected another, so it wasn't in the buffer, RM is finally able to sync again.

Genuinely pleased its resolved.

I have never had an issue with support and it seems that once they had the information they needed, they resolved for you very quickly.

• I hope they also took this info to build in some safeguards to prevent both the app and the Kemper from crashing while loading bad rigs.

A bad rig is of course understandable with software-based gear. The profiler worked fine on its own, though presumably it would've frozen if I'd tried to load the corrupt rig.

Taking out both the RM and the Profiler is pretty extreme for one bad rig. So I hope something can be built into the RM to allow skipping/flagging bad rigs as opposed to all-out freezes.

Having been away from the RM for so long, I gotta say, it's super nice to have that connectivity back.

• Mine still crashing too - keep going round and round in circles with support and have sent all files they asked for. Worked fine until update to 3.5.15 - crashes completely at cannot connect to server. They said there's only me with this problem, which I don't believe....

Steve

• Official Post

Guys, I'm going to close this thread.

The OP has solved his issue. If your Rig Manager crashes, please open a new thread and take a couple of minutes to describe your issue in detail. At least mention which platform you're on and what happens exactly. And if you refer to a conversation with out support team, don't forget to post the ticket number as well.

• G String

Closed the thread.
  • G String

Changed the title of the thread from “Rig Manager crashes syncing rigs for over a year now - no response from support” to “Rig Manager crashes syncing rigs for over a year now (solved)”.