No input signal. SOLVED!!!

• Hi Guys!

So im back again this time with a completely different and new situation. Yay! Lucky me huh?. Will i ever get happiness from my toaster?

So this morning my box randomly decided it no longer wanted to have an input signal. All was working fine yesterday...well...still my long on going problem that ive had since day one but at least yesterday i had an input signal.

Ive tried different cables incase it was maybe a cable malfunction but nope they all work with no problems. I tried a full reset of the kemper (twice) but still the problem remains.

Im just devistated at this point. As you guys know ive had nothing but a constant problem with my unit. Im now forced to send my kemper to Germany which is what i was realy trying to avoid but something needs to be done right?.

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue but any advice is always appreciated. Maybe an update has messed with it somehow? Anyway! Hope you wonderful dudes are doing great. \m/

• Are you running the latest Release OS? 9.0.5?

Some previous Beta (and even a Release) had input dropping issues.

Have you tried to see whether you have signal plugging in the fx return (need to activate an fx loop) or in the Alt Input?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Are you running the latest Release OS? 9.0.5?

Some previous Beta (and even a Release) had input dropping issues.

Have you tried to see whether you have signal plugging in the fx return (need to activate an fx loop) or in the Alt Input?

Yeah currently running 9.05.45603 same situation in the alt input i have never tried an fx return or activated an fx loop so i wouldnt know lol

• Assuming the volume on the guitar is maxed out (no joke, it has happened to me, but normally you realize within a couple of seconds of panic) and the volume pedal ain't broke (plug off the TRS on the Kemper side to check), I would suggest you contact Support....

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Assuming the volume on the guitar is maxed out (no joke, it has happened to me, but normally you realize within a couple of seconds of panic) and the volume pedal ain't broke (plug off the TRS on the Kemper side to check), I would suggest you contact Support....

Guitars/cables are fine i tested them going direct into my interface using the DSP Gojira amp sim.

• So i turned it off and went to make a cup of tea. I came back and turned it back on and the weirdest thing...i now have a signal in the front end...i swear this thing is constantly playing games with me....why do me like this ya little bugger lol.

Im sure i will be back with another spooky possessed scenario again soon.

#stress somebody call a priest! pffft.

• Ok! i will confess...there WAS a problem only it wasnt with my unit it was my brain. Whilst i DID turn it off and go and make a rather wonderful cup of tea when i returned to turn it back on i noticed my jack was not plugged into my input but indeed was plugged into my headphone input. Jeez! I need more sleep and a better diet my brain has capsized.

Im going slightly mad...the plot has well and truly been lost all of my marbles have been taken away.

I dont deserve such luxuries i should just give them all away to someone who is more mentaly capable and on the level hahaha.

Totaly embarrassed.

Sorry guys. X

• Ok! i will confess...there WAS a problem only it wasnt with my unit it was my brain. Whilst i DID turn it off and go and make a rather wonderful cup of tea when i returned to turn it back on i noticed my jack was not plugged into my input but indeed was plugged into my headphone input. Jeez!

That happend here before... Read about it in this forum more then one time. Happend to me also, but i saw whats the problem before i had asked here.

You are not alone.

• Ok! i will confess...there WAS a problem only it wasnt with my unit it was my brain. Whilst i DID turn it off and go and make a rather wonderful cup of tea when i returned to turn it back on i noticed my jack was not plugged into my input but indeed was plugged into my headphone input. Jeez! I need more sleep and a better diet my brain has capsized.

Im going slightly mad...the plot has well and truly been lost all of my marbles have been taken away.

I dont deserve such luxuries i should just give them all away to someone who is more mentaly capable and on the level hahaha.

Totaly embarrassed.

Sorry guys. X

i can’t believe it’s taken you so long to plug into the headphone socket. Most of us have done that several times in just the first few months 🤣

• AdamMassacre1981 You can still send the Profiler in for an exorcism. I am quite sure that our service team will successfully catch all the gremlins that seem to haunt your device :)

Now I can’t stop hearing this in my head =O

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Totaly embarrassed.

Sorry guys. X

You are not the first and won't be the last. I have done it and many others also have so don't be embarrassed, just glad you got it sorted

In fact there was another recent thread on this and the ways people get around it. I have a wireless permanently plugged in so never fall into this trap anymore, others block off the headphone jack :)

Totaly embarrassed.

Sorry guys. X

Been there, done that…..even posted about it not too long ago.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• There should be a Kemper update with warning:

“I’m sorry, Dave, but in accordance with sub-routine C1 532/4, quote, ‘When the crew are dead or incapacitated, the computer must assume control,’ unquote. I must, therefore, override your authority now since you are not in any condition to intelligently exercise it.”