I heard the headphone "Space" effect @ NAMM today

• Is that the Will Chen amp in a room for headphone tweak? or something new.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Sounds very good. I think that adding features to make the sound through IEM and headphones as good/inspiring as possible would be really great and possibly a competitive edge. That said, its already great with the Will Chen method.

• Yea! Suggestions made here are heard and considered. That is marvelous, and great business.

I think the idea of a headphone "space" setting is a must. The Axe has something like that, in that you can "move" the "mic" back to add room. It works... of course, I now own the KPA.

This will free up the reverb to used for... well... reverb.

Will's suggestion works. The space setting is just a more practical solution and a major upgrade, IMO.

Thanks for listening.

• I also hope that the "space" parameter is added. Without it, the sound through headphones is a bit one-dimensional, even with reverb on. I really like what Yamaha did with the THR10C. IMO, the Kemper beats the THR10C in every way, except for the headphone sound. And for a "bedroom-player" this is a big deal.

Anybody else feel the same way? (Yamaha vs. Kemper headphone sound) or are my ears shot? :)

• I also hope that the "space" parameter is added. Without it, the sound through headphones is a bit one-dimensional, even with reverb on. I really like what Yamaha did with the THR10C. IMO, the Kemper beats the THR10C in every way, except for the headphone sound. And for a "bedroom-player" this is a big deal.

Anybody else feel the same way? (Yamaha vs. Kemper headphone sound) or are my ears shot? :)

KPA sounds totally realistic to me in cans. If the THR10C did a better job, I'd be surprised and likely selling my Kemper as quick as possible...

• I tried the Yamaha with headphone in a shop and is ok, better then the HD500, but nothing to compare with the KPA, IMHO. Will Chen, here on the Forum, has posted some very good settings for headphone use and some of the new presets that comes with 1.6.0 are just fantastic with cans.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• KPA sounds totally realistic to me in cans. If the THR10C did a better job, I'd be surprised and likely selling my Kemper as quick as possible...

Will: Even if the THR10C doesn't sound as realistic as the KPA, it does have a nice sounding ambience through headphones. The KPA seems a bit more one-dimensional. Since Kemper is working on the headphone "Space" effect, there's obviously an improvement in that area that can be made. I feel that Yamaha has optimised the sound for headphones, and that Kemper hasn't (yet). Obviously, I could be wrong, since I don't have the THR10C anymore, and can't compare side-by-side anymore, as I've upgraded to the KPA. But after the THR10C, the KPA through headphones "feels" a bit one-dimensional. That's all I'm saying.

Will: I'd love to see you showing up on stage with the Yamaha.... :D :D

Talking about "headphone sound".

Edited once, last by andrej ().

• I stole Mats Nermaks delay and reverb settings from his Two Rock TS-OD proile. This with a dedicated headphone amp and my AKG 701 open back cans gives wonderful results that I am yet to match on anything else.

I avoid headphone outs on most consumer devices if possilble, they tend to be an afterthought, the KPA is alright, but just alright.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.