Posts by G String

I'm no programmer, but how is it in the NAMM demo morphing seemed to work flawlessly and yet it is not ready to release 2 months later? Is the platform on their demo rig somehow different than what we consumers have?

tradeshows are great to collect impressions and ideas. when we present something new and we have the chance to take in what our users at the show think, we will happily do so. and as a result we can refine things before we release them. that's the beauty and also the curse of software. virtually nothing is set in stone anymore.

But as a customer at Kemper, I´m also struggeling with with the lack of information. Is there a need to held the customer disinformed about the progress on V4.0?
    It wouldn´t decrease the reputation if such information where provided...

i'm not sure what information is missing but maybe it is just an official confirmation that it won't be february 2016. so here's the deal: we are late, we are working on it. we want to deliver something polished and stable and we don't feel that rushing it out just for the sake of meeting this virtual deadline would be beneficial for the most of us. i can't tell you when 4.0 is coming but since all features are implemented, it won't take forever.
    hope that helps, gs

every time I set up a stomp,, the next day I go to it and its the BIT CRUSHER instead, I set it to green scream, next day,, its back to the bit crusher,,,, driving me nuts,, anyone else?

please contact support by email

to many off topic posts, folks. if you're interested in discussion future software releases, open a new thread and stay on topic please.

Is it just me or does this sound ridiculous to everyone else? I've never in 35 years had to send any piece of gear off to a service centre to change its battery. Not once, ever. To me, this sounds absurd.

The warranty voids if you open the Profiler. This is true for most electric devices. You see stickers like "No user serviceable parts inside" everywhere. Therefore this is the only thing I can recommend because i'm advising here wearing my "Kemper head". But we are all grown up human beings and you should know: this has nothing to do with how easy it is or if one can replace the battery by himself.

I am surprised that no one mentioned using a voltage UPS stabiliser / regulator / spike remover like used on other computing equipment when its out on the road? (Maybe I missed it?). Lets face it, the Kemper is a computer and all those chips ARE sensitive to spikes and bad variable voltages even with the Kemper internal bits to help stop it... especially when on tour in some countries. I have seen crashing of the Kemper through that sort of thing and using one of those devices that is a uninterruptable power supply does help. They cost really little money and will often resolve that sort of thing. Just thought I would mention it.

i've seen many live gigs. big and small. one thing has changed in the last years: pretty much all the small gigs i've seen had digital desks (and of course digital FX units such as reverbs). If they were using UPS stabilizers or voltage regulators, those were for the entire setup, including the stage itself. The Profiler is not better or worse than any professional audio equipment when it comes to dealing with power issues. if you don't have a PSU for the rest of your (digital) equipment and you don't suffer from those problems on stage, you will not need one for the Profiler either.

I am now waiting 5 months for a reply on my emails and 2 months for my actual order of the Kemper+Remote. I am aware of possible supply bottleneck but then you should make it transparent. I am on the verge of canceling my order but that would make me even more angry and sad.

Lemonk - let me just comment on the two issues above:
    If you contact support by email you will get a speedy reply (24hrs or less on business days), except for Artist Endorsement request. The reason behind this is that those are not handled by our support team. Without going into further details, if you haven't received anything by now, chances are that you will not receive an answer. I know how this sounds but this is the way it is with Artist Endorsements. Just don't take it personally.
    As for your order, could you please let me know where you've ordered and we'll happily to have a closer look. We ship every day but we have no control over what a dealer orders and what the backorder of a dealer might be. In any case, if you would order something from us today, you would have it a couple of days later. So, apologies for the inconvenience caused, let's move forward and make this transparent.
    GS