Any word on 4.0 yet?

• Ain't no data that can't be graphed. So April looks promising in terms of achieving average of 3,8 of firmwares by months. As well as July, August and December is fine.

[Blocked Image: http://s8.postimg.org/xs0j53arp/permonth.jpg]

Now that is excellent! :D

That's what I was thinking. :D This statement has put exactly two worries at rest:

1. February has come and gone and 4.0 isn't here yet... Or is it??? Are we absolutely sure we haven't in fact received the update, installed and tested it, and morphed so vigorously we forgot all about it? Or is it still February? What is February?

2. Does that mean it will never come? Did we miss our chance? Did we... anger the mothership somehow?

Jokes aside, I do understand that what people were hoping for was a projected release date, like "we missed February but it will definitely be ready by...". But developing and testing software can be unpredictable and setting definite deadlines often isn't wise. And other than making the wait a little easier, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, would it? 4.0 will come eventually... :)

Someone in this thread said Autumn.

What;Who could be such a pessimistic guy;
    :whistling:

:D

Okay.Was me..

Actually my "pessimistic view" was based on that pure cab took many weeks from beta to release.But if 4.0 is "all inclusive" (morphing & delays) I hope it will not be such a long way(first morphing beta/release than delays beta/release)..still I dont believe that it will be "soon".Doing these crazy new delays and the whole "morphing"-thing with the "old hardware" just by new software upgrades will take its time.I will be perfectly fine it is "before summer" so I can check out the new delays,take my KPA down to my friends tavern by the sea doing "aegean ambient stuff..." 8|;)

• They say that if you mentally practice shooting free-throws (basketball) you actually get better at the real thing.

So, to be sure you are in top shape, mentally practice your morphing.

1. Control the expression pedal, don't let it control you.
    2. Tweak your toe tones then pull back just a bit, there, that's "perfect"
    3. You don't have an expression pedal?!? Ok, imagine tapping that Morph button, and setting it's ms knob in time with your song.
    4. Not working? Are you sure you didn't forget a cable? Maybe you put the pedal in Slot 2 by mistake! (why do I ALWAYS do this?!)

Gotta go morph my time-clock changed morning self into a trail park walking self. Let you know how that goes... (<---this part is real)

• I'm no programmer, but how is it in the NAMM demo morphing seemed to work flawlessly and yet it is not ready to release 2 months later? Is the platform on their demo rig somehow different than what we consumers have?

Just pondering...

Gary ô¿ô

• I'm no programmer, but how is it in the NAMM demo morphing seemed to work flawlessly and yet it is not ready to release 2 months later? Is the platform on their demo rig somehow different than what we consumers have?

Just pondering...

i had not the courage to say this. thx

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• One possible explanation is stability. When running new software on a couple of dedicated Kemper units in the NAMM booth, in controlled conditions and with Kemper engineers present, a couple of bugs won't ruin the show. There may even have been unfinished or rough areas of the interface that haven't been shown.

Releasing it to the public, even as a beta, is a very different story. The users' own (possibly unique) rigs are at risk, so the software needs to be essentially stable in all kinds of different scenarios.

tradeshows are great to collect impressions and ideas. when we present something new and we have the chance to take in what our users at the show think, we will happily do so. and as a result we can refine things before we release them. that's the beauty and also the curse of software. virtually nothing is set in stone anymore.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• tradeshows are great to collect impressions and ideas. when we present something new and we have the chance to take in what our users at the show think, we will happily do so. and as a result we can refine things before we release them. that's the beauty and also the curse of software. virtually nothing is set in stone anymore.

Thank you very much indeed for this info. I am going to wait patiently and eagerly for firmware 4.0 now. thx :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I dunno who started this mess but he outta be horsewhip..... errr....

Never mind... :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Ok people, this just in:

I consulted my Magic 8 Ball about whether v4.0 was coming out this month and it said: "Most Likely"

Whomever posted graphs and did the Science thing... What were they thinking?

• In the immortal words of Michelangelo Buonarroti when answering to pope Giulio II, repeatedly asking him "When will it be ready?!?", about the incredible amount of time it was taking the artist to fresco the Sistine Chapel...

..."When it's finished".

• Ain't no data that can't be graphed. So April looks promising in terms of achieving average of 3,8 of firmwares by months. As well as July, August and December is fine.

[Blocked Image: http://s8.postimg.org/xs0j53arp/permonth.jpg]

I'm amazed this graph alone didn't calm everyone down, Skocz.

Give me a Skoczy Graph™ any day to relax me. I don't care what's in it; it's just the idea that somebody, particularly Skoczy, has taken the time to do all the leg work and is all over it.

That's enough for me. :D