Posts by pippopluto

Warning note for those who switch to the new version:

Stage can't lock Stomps and Effects sections as a whole. Be sure to not restore a backup where those were locked in some rigs: individually unlocking the slots won't make it.

While Kemper suggest a solution/offers a workaround, check your backups beforehand.

So if I get it right, I can connect a mic to the Return Jack using an appropriate cable without a preamp inbetween?

I am using the mono loop to insert a talkbox /w mic into the signal chain. And I wonder, if this is still an option with the stage.

Yep and yep :)

Should I stay or should I go??

Rig Manager suggests me to update my Profiler Stage to version 7.0.0.14827.

... only because you asked to be informed about available betas :p

Right now, I guess so. Nevertheless, it might change in the future. The editor will definitely require Windows 8.1 or later.

Regarding "Windows 7 will not stop working". This is true, but newer (PC) hardware, CPUs, graphic adapters and displays will require you to abandon Windows 7. In a lot of ways, it does not support current hardware like Hi DPI, touch enabled displays, GPU acceleration, CPU command set extensions, UEFI on mainboards etc. pp. So sooner or later, it will stop working when you upgrade your hardware.

It does not even provide the required APIs for these newer techniques - a software developer is forced to move on and - at a certain point in time - stop supporting OSs that aren't supported by their manufacturers anymore.

Come on guys...
    OP is clearly a non-native speaker, and I for one am aware that is quite easy to "simplify too much" your idea when you want to write in a foreign language and try and be effective within a few lines.

He's referring to the hundreds of users that have been writing in the years that "the Profiler is "9X% there"". Now this can certainly be debated if you feel you need (as for me, I don't), but I believe this is a secondary point in the OP.

TBH, I am reading some defensiveness as well :p

Please note that when a non-native speaker tries and respond to an argument, their writing style can become more involuted... making things worse. Please stop their escalation with comprehension :)

On top of that, neutral mics have been around for ages, but they never seem to matter much in the whole quest for great guitar tone.

True. And this is something that has always puzzled me, specially from those who are after the "amp in the room". Who knows, maybe they perceive that as "too technical"?

On other forums it's been explained that a measurement mic is one of the conditions that allow the creation of the AITR sound. I believe the subject would deserve some deepening...

... and this somehow brings us back to the OP.
    :)

I don't like losing control over when my system gets updated by Microsoft, or over what they push onto my system without my knowledge or consent. My understanding is that is one of the things you give up by going to Windows 10.

Another option would be this:
    http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

I moved off of win10 for similar reasons and I do miss the rig manager, but I find I spend more time with the profiles that i have, instead of auditioning new ones from the rig exchange.

The Editor would be something different tho, and W10 will be required... :/

Windows 7 did not support SHA256 in the first place, it needs a specific update to support SHA256 for kernel drivers. Usually, this is already installed since 3 years, when auto update is enabled. This is something, I would recommend.
    After installing this specific update, Windows 7 is able to run Rig Manager 2.3.

thanks timo! Would this work for the Editor (RM 3.o?) as well?

as you well know, developers hate backward compatibility, so my lone voice in the wilderness isn't going to change their minds.

Ha! TBH, I believe we are in the thousands :cursing:

I have 2 questions about Stage model :

- is it possible to set Space parameter on monitor stereo output ? I actually use monitor output on my rack for ear monitoring, and I really like the Space effect on earphone out. It would be a nice addition to get it on monitor out too.

- is there a way to easily migrate rigs / settings from a kpa rack to stage ? As they don't operate the same OS, I'd say no, but still...

Yep to everything. Consider Stage like any other Profiler :)
    Generally speaking, it's always possible to load rigs created in an older KAOS version, while the other way round might not work depending on the intrinsic characteristics of profile files.
    HTH

Although this can be done at present by sending the piezo signal in through the return of an FX Loop in slot A. Unfortunately, this only leaves 1 Stomp space available for adding a single effect to the acoustic sound.

I am aware this is not fully what you're looking for, but a more balanced option would be to use main input for the acoustic, back input/fx loop for the electric, and activate Parallel Path.
    This would give 2 slots for the acoustic straight to Output and leave you 1 mono stomp and all the fx section for the electric.
    Of course you'd be missing the possibility to set the Input for your electric.

Kind of like how they said spdif rates would never be switchable.

It was not with the old chipset, yes.
    Anyway tThat's the clock, right? There's no variation of sampling rate?

or perhaps they don't have the skill to do it..??

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dude, you made my day

Chill dude. The dual amp with the profiling technology would result in a lot of headaches. Do you know anything about phase linearity?

I believe the same technology would be used as "Constant Latency"? If that works for reampling, I'd expect it to be as effective with two profiles in parallel.

will it come with audio interface too?

No, it's got none, as per Kemper's philosophy.

They could've said a year ago: look guys, we are working on a floorboard version. It's going to come out in 2019. Be fucking upfront about it.

The only good reason that comes to my mind why a manufacturer wouldn't announce a new product in advance is selling the remaining stock if their old product. Which is a relatable business decision, but not customer friendly.

You are kidding, right? :o

The Rig Manager.

Not the unit. I'm referring to the Stage overview. Not the NAMM video. That software hasn't been seen since Winter NAMM that I'm aware of. Hopefully it is released on Wednesday when the Stage officially launches.

Editor and RM are merged in a "Rig Manager". The Beta of the Editor will be RM 3.0b.

As per GString's post here above, we can luckily have RM running even with no Editor.
    OTOH, file management on the Stage complies with the new paradigm, so everything seems at its place and going to fit :)

These customers aren’t going to want to carry 8 Stage’s

TBH, I'd never want a floor device either... and I am no pro.

There's certainly still a Market for rack and lunchbox (that make much more sense than a floor in a studio as well IMO).

People who consider Stage as an "alternative" or as the implementation of "improvements" over the existing product line are missing the point IMO.

This is just the answer to a request for a specific kind of product by customers: a flor version: nothing less, something more :p