Profile VST Amps

• I was wondering if it would be possible to set up something like a digital amp vst in a daw with some impulses and profile that sound buy running the output of the pc right into the kemper without a mic.

• Agreed, posted a couple profiles that did exactly that (and I know I'm not the only one!)

-djh

Awesome. Im hoping to just profile a few of my fav presets I made off my Zoom G3 before it stop using it for good XD. Had some decent acoustic guitar sims on it and was hoping to get those sounds with my daw stuff saved as a snapshot! Would be a killer CPU saver if it could capture the entire Amp,Impulse and EQ chain.

• Do you think the KPA imparts its own "mojo" when profiling a VST amp? In other words does it sound more 3-D & organic coming out of the Kemper vs. the DAW rig?

• If it did, then technically the Kemper would be doing a crappy job of profiling - it's supposed to be matching the original tone. Since Christoph has said that it might not work perfectly with modellers/VSTs, you *might* hear a difference that you end up liking better, but if you do it's just like how some people prefer the "warmth" of vinyl, which is technically just distortion.

• I was wondering if it would be possible to set up something like a digital amp vst in a daw with some impulses and profile that sound buy running the output of the pc right into the kemper without a mic.

Yes there are plenty of spot on profilies from modelers & software around.
    Several are uploaded on the profile rig exchange. http://www.kemper-amps.com/sharerigs
    Software amps or modelers have a very different design than real amps so the profiling results may vary, although it clearly can generate great spot on results.
    Here is a video by Keith Merrow profiling his Axe fx.
    Strangely some Axe users didn't like that and he posted on the FAS forum that he got hate mails for doing it.
    Post 15 in this info link. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…ofiling-axe-standard.html

Kemper profiling the Axe fx modeler.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[YOUTUBE]
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

Edited once, last by orko ().

• ... of a tube amplifier. ;)

The profile is supposed to be identical to the original, regardless of what you're profiling - a crappy solid state amp should sound the same when it's profiled, and ideally any modeller should follow suit. You could definitely fiddle with the Kemper's profile settings, like Sag and Pick Attack, to try and get more of a tubelike sound, but that's after the fact.