One new feature I think would make a world of difference

• How about a direct access number for each rig or amp

That way if you want to go to the rig in slot 1, you enter 1, and boom you're there. Or if you want to go to a rig in slot 225, you enter 225, etc.etc.

Right now as a beginner it is a pain to have to either rotate the browse knob repeatedly to get from the end to the beginning or to push the up arrow 100 times.

• when you are in the main view (rig name, stomp selections etc displayed) you can move one by one, using the left/right rig buttons,

or

you can jump to the next/previous letter of the alphabet by using the up/down buttons.
    probably the fastest way to 'travel' larger 'distances' :)

• That way if you want to go to the rig in slot 1, you enter 1, and boom you're there. Or if you want to go to a rig in slot 225, you enter 225, etc.etc.

There will be (at some point in the future) the possibility to "dial" any performance with 3 taps of the 1-5 buttons on a foot pedal. With that, you can easily reach all 125 performance.

1-1-1 -> Performance 1
    1-2-1 -> Performance 6
    2-1-1 -> Performance 26
    4-1-5 -> Performance 105
    5-5-5 -> Performance 125

etc.

With another tap you will select the slot.

5^4 = 625

Timo

• Less of a pain than memorising 100s of settings, I would've thought.

Not really! Let say that you are sampling the rig profiles and you have 800. Once you get to the end, rig 800 you need to either step back through 800 rigs to get back at the beginning or rotate the dial rapidly like turning an old tv tuner through essentially 800 channels.

It would be much easier press an option under the sorted by button (Direct Entry). Then it would bring up a number entry panel of 0 - 9. You would select "1" then enter and instantly be back to the beginning. Or if you knew you wanted to get to the middle you would select "250" enter, and instantly be back to the middle.

It would definitely save the wear and tear on the Browse knob which will wear out being spun beginning to end so many times.

• "I would love that as well.. Although since the kpa allows u to browse according to _ , then that number would change"

I think that each rig has a constant internal memory slot regardless of how it is sorted by the "browse according to _ " option. In otherwords rig 1, stays at position 1 whether it is sorted by name, author, etc. so if you had a direct entry it would go to rig 1, regardless of where it was in the browse window sorting.

• Not really! Let say that you are sampling the rig profiles and you have 800. Once you get to the end, rig 800 you need to either step back through 800 rigs to get back at the beginning or rotate the dial rapidly like turning an old tv tuner through essentially 800 channels.

It would be much easier press an option under the sorted by button (Direct Entry). Then it would bring up a number entry panel of 0 - 9. You would select "1" then enter and instantly be back to the beginning. Or if you knew you wanted to get to the middle you would select "250" enter, and instantly be back to the middle.

It would definitely save the wear and tear on the Browse knob which will wear out being spun beginning to end so many times.

But wouldn't you'd need to remember that 23 was your brown note, 42 is blues solo, 69 = yellow shark etc?

• But wouldn't you'd need to remember that 23 was your brown note, 42 is blues solo, 69 = yellow shark etc?

Not really. You could easily make a list of your rigs and then just use the list as reference.

Or if you knew it was near the middle versus at the end or beginning, then you just jump relatively close and then browse.

The main problem I have right now is that I have 500 profiles loaded in and I haven't yet figured out my favorites (a nice problem to have by the way), but it is quickly becoming tiresome getting from rig 500 back to rig 1 or from rig 50 up to rig 350. The up and down arrows jumps are too small and scrolling through the list is tiresome as well.

• when you are in the main view (rig name, stomp selections etc displayed) you can move one by one, using the left/right rig buttons,

or

you can jump to the next/previous letter of the alphabet by using the up/down buttons.
    probably the fastest way to 'travel' larger 'distances' :)

Hi Don, and what about an old request done by some users (me included) to use the "holding" feature of the arrow buttons to scroll faster through rigs as many digital device do? I believe it can be even esaily to implement, I hope...

• "I would love that as well.. Although since the kpa allows u to browse according to _ , then that number would change"

I think that each rig has a constant internal memory slot regardless of how it is sorted by the "browse according to _ " option. In otherwords rig 1, stays at position 1 whether it is sorted by name, author, etc. so if you had a direct entry it would go to rig 1, regardless of where it was in the browse window sorting.

Alright i get u.

Remembering is not a problem by the way ive had many units like that u can write them down (ull memorise them later anyway) the snapshot or better yet the favourites is very handy for quick access but having a number (if possible) can be very handy i agree.

• The main problem I have right now is that I have 500 profiles loaded in and I haven't yet figured out my favorites (a nice problem to have by the way), but it is quickly becoming tiresome getting from rig 500 back to rig 1 or from rig 50 up to rig 350. The up and down arrows jumps are too small and scrolling through the list is tiresome as well.

I'm in the process of selecting live profiles myself. The way I do it is to collect similar candidates into Performances. Thus you can easily compare with just a button press :thumbup:

• How are you going to enter any numbers at all into your KPA in the first place?

The same way you enter a date or a name, etc. when you first set up the Kemper. All you would need is another choice under the "Sort by" option. It would be something like "direct entry". Then it would go into the input mode, and put up a screen like the date and time screen, where you would enter a rig bank number, using the scroll wheel and numbers 0-9 on the screen. Enter up to three numbers and then press the softbutton to go to that entry.

• This +1000 :D

"holding" feature of the arrow buttons to scroll faster through rigs as many digital device do? I believe it can be even esaily to implement, I hope...

Please mr. CK

• The same way you enter a date or a name, etc. when you first set up the Kemper. All you would need is another choice under the "Sort by" option. It would be something like "direct entry". Then it would go into the input mode, and put up a screen like the date and time screen, where you would enter a rig bank number, using the scroll wheel and numbers 0-9 on the screen. Enter up to three numbers and then press the softbutton to go to that entry.

But that's considerably slower than the current methods with the rig buttons and scrollwheels, and would be no faster than simply having the "direct entry" method but with the full name search rather than numeric input.

The excruciating text entry on the Kemper is one of the main reasons I stopped experimenting with making more profiles and store everything as snapshots rather than saving complete new rigs. I'd much rather have them invest the development time in a decent editor/librarian or the ability to connect a normal USB keyboard and have a smart filter/sorting system as you have on your OS file browser (start typing in the name and it jumps to that file).

The question is though, do you really have that many favorites? Browsing snapshots or favorites is pretty fast here, and that's the best way to get to the important stuff in a hurry currently.

• But that's considerably slower than the current methods with the rig buttons and scrollwheels, and would be no faster than simply having the "direct entry" method but with the full name search rather than numeric input.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion. I can enter a 3 digit number, 0 - 999 to address 1000 rigs, in a second or two with only a few twists of the selection dial. However to scroll from location 999 to 0 would take several hundred or so spins of the browse knob, or 999 back arrow presses, or about 100 down arrow presses.

I would like to see a librarian or preset building application as well but that requires a lot of programing for a completely new application. I am only talking about a small firmware change with a feature update.

Obviously if you have already selected favorites it is easier to browse because there are fewer to browse through. But that doesn't help you when you want to go back to the master rig library to find a different rig that isn't in your favorites. With direct entry, as long as you had a list or knew approximately where your rig is in the list, you could access it almost immediately rather than having to scroll through 500+ profiles.

• However to scroll from location 999 to 0

I've often wondered why the scrolling doesn't just wrap around, from 999 (or whatever your highest number is) to 0. And from 0 back to <highest number>. Thus, no profile would ever be more than one-half the total number of profiles away from any other.

Many other units do this - very convenient - never leaves you "stuck in a corner" at one extreme range or the other.