feature request hi/lo pas filters on overdrives

• I would like high and low pass filters on overdrives and distortions with an overall mix control. This feature would make it easy to dial in bass tones, as you could pick what area gets distorted and the blend with the original tone.

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• That is a nice topic.

We have no plans to change the distortion pedals toward that, instead we are planning to have Stomp A and B set optionally in parallel to the rest of the signal chain, so the bass can have a DI like signal with e.g. EQ and compressor, while the amp and the other effects are still available in the remaining parallel path.

This feature will be dedicated for bass players. how do you like it?

• That is a nice topic.

We have no plans to change the distortion pedals toward that, instead we are planning to have Stomp A and B set optionally in parallel to the rest of the signal chain, so the bass can have a DI like signal with e.g. EQ and compressor, while the amp and the other effects are still available in the remaining parallel path.

I like it a lot! :thumbup:

• Never really looked at this thread because I didn't know how necessary the filters were, but I really like CK's parallel A/B idea. Could also be used for a clean/crunch guitar tone where the Stomp Distortion is providing saturated distortion, so you get a kind of clean/mild crunch + heavy crunch/drive tone.

• That is a nice topic.

go for it! great feature. even though I stand to my opinion that every stomp and effect should have a mix parameter.

• That is a nice topic.

I know you've said there's no possibility for dual tones on the Kemper Amplifier due to processing limitations, but this seems like a step in this direction, considering that you can add separate FX in separate paths. Would it be possible to have more stomps in parallel, maybe the existing eight with optional path A/B, so that we could have two separately coloured tones, perhaps with the same profile?

Pleeeassseee, Mr CK :P

• I hope these features come soon! I just started playing bass alongside guitar and I use the Kemper for that as well, obviously. I am still in search of a great distorted bass tone

• great distorted bass is often achieved by using a distorted and a DI track and panning them left and right.
    you get the mid- growl (distorted), the sharp attacks and clean bass (DI) and width (left and right panning) while at the same time getting the bass out of the way of the other instuments.

while the feature discussed here will give you even more options, you can already track the distorted and the DI signal simultaneously and record them to different tracks.