Bogner Barcelona profiles are now in the Exchange

• Hello all,

My first day of Profiling and I think it went very well. Makes me like my new Kemper even more.

I profiled my Bogner Barcelona amp through a G12H30 using Bogner Red and Blue Ecstasy pedals, a Tim Pedal and a Metal Shaman. I uploaded eight profiles and if you search "Bogner Barcelona" they're the only ones that come up (or search "Scott Ritchie").

As this is my first time profiling, any feedback would be appreciated.

Drop Box files...

I used the Louis Electric pine cab with a G12H Anniversary 30w...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-WsXbXHC/0/L/DSC_0534-L.jpg]

Edited 8 times, last by ur2funky ().

• Thank you for these. I owned a Barcelona and these are really accurate! (to my ears anyway)
    Much appreciated!

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Once I got the mic set right, I was amazed at how accurate these turned out. Lovin' this Kemper! The Barcelona might want to watch out, it might be looking for a new home!

Edited once, last by ur2funky ().

• Thanks you so much !! Great profiles !!! :thumbup:

An important Note!! : You have on the photos beautifull amps !! the Victoria Victoriette!!! :thumbup: The Other Victoria what is the model ? Louis Electric read great stuff on it, lovelly blues tones ! , have you ever tought profiling those beautifull gems? theres nothing anywhere!! The Victoria amps are used by many greats, Joe Bonamassa, Mark Knopfler, buddy guy ! etc. . . 8o

• Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I love Victoria amps. Pictured is a 35210, which is a great club amp, and the other is a Regal II, which I would consider my "desert island" amp. It has two power tube sockets which you can mix and match with any 8-pin tubes without biasing, or even just use one tube. So you can mix a EL-34 with a 6v6, a 6v6 with a 6L6, etc. It runs from about 3 watts to 35 watts depending what tubes are in there. Tube reverb and tremolo too, and a creamy 15" speaker. I have a bunch of old vintage tubes too. In this amp you can really hear how each tube is a bit different from each other.

Some of my favorite tube combinations in the amp aren't loud enough to compete with a loud drummer, and other magic tones it has are only available at certain volumes, so I'm really hoping I will be able to capture the magic of this amp in the Kemper to use at any volume.

I plan on profiling both of those amps and the Louis Electric, and possibly the Vox, but there's probably enough Vox profiles already. The 2x12 cab is an Avatar with Celestion Blues in it, and the Vox sounds pretty good through it.

The Louis Electric is a great amp too. When cranked it turns into a really thick, milkshake tone. Blues indeed~

• Oh God , lucky man you are!! lovelly amps there!! will dream with profiles of those lovelly gems!! thanks again for the bogner profiles ! And thanks for sharing info on the amps from pic . I read a lot about them , and they are really top notch , great taste you have. regarding the regal II being your favorite!! good choice!! ...that blackheart seems interesting as well, at least design wise rocks !! :thumbup:

8o

• Thanks again for the feedback!

Tone, thanks for the nice compliments! Very sweet! I am a lucky man.

don, I'm quite happy with how the MXL R144 ribbon mic profiles turned out. Just the mic and some nice mogami cables were the only thing used. I bought the R144 on eBay with the stand, case and a regular cable for $85 brand new. How can I not smile?

My Blackheart doesn't have the Bitmo mod, I actually bought the mod an never installed it! I did mod my Vox.

This week I will try to get some more profiling done.

Best,
    Scott