Behringer fcb 1010 and expression pedals a and b/wha and volume issue

• Before I ripped the pedals off of my FCB, I found that neither of them wanted to really "stick" at 0 - the Volume pedal wouldn't consistently stay in tuner mode, my Wah (set to Bypass @ Heel) wouldn't stay off, etc. If anyone else has the same issue, it's easy to fix: When you get to the "Set the pedal to heel position" part of the calibration procedure, leave it a tiny bit up instead of all the way against the chassis. This will give a you a small range of values that the FCB will read as being 0.

• I found you get different results if you operate standing or sitting. The extra "weight" applied when standing reaches different values than the light-weight foot of a perched player. Worth checking if you're like me and set up in your studio-chair and then take to the stage.
    Also worth re-checking when the stage invaders (or other band members) have trampled on your gear too!

• Lokasenna - how did you "rip" off those pedals from the FCB? Are they replaceable if one needs to?

Not really, at least not the way I did it. If you wanted to leave yourself the option then sure, you could do the new wiring with some kind of quick-connect or switch so the wiring can be put back.

Each pedal is connected to a little circuit board inside the FCB with an optical sensor - this sensor is what reads the pedal movement. There are three wires running from the FCB's main board to each pedal, so I just cut those wires off and ran each set to a TRS jack that I plug my Mission pedals into.

• Not really, at least not the way I did it. If you wanted to leave yourself the option then sure, you could do the new wiring with some kind of quick-connect or switch so the wiring can be put back.

Each pedal is connected to a little circuit board inside the FCB with an optical sensor - this sensor is what reads the pedal movement. There are three wires running from the FCB's main board to each pedal, so I just cut those wires off and ran each set to a TRS jack that I plug my Mission pedals into.

Thanks for the info. Not sure if I want to go that far, but its good food for thought. I taped my FCB right pedal down at last night's gig and velcro'd my Moog EP-3 right on top of it. It's kind of tall and awkward that way, but certainly closer to the switches than separately on the floor. Did you mount your Mission pedals on the FCB board? If so, how?

Gary ô¿ô

• Not yet - right now they're sitting on the board where the pedals used to be. The rubber feet keep them in place decently, but at some point I'm either going to make a proper mount for them, or cut off the end of the board (the 120v transformer is the only thing at that end) and put everything on a piece of wood... or something. I'm waiting on being able to afford one of Gordius' one-cable power kits before I do that.

• Nice to read some of your comments. I'm using U4K v1.3a and I've been having trouble getting my pedal to activate and stay in tuner-mode consistently. Even leaving a gap in the heel position hasn't helped that much. Latest 2.7.3 firmware also seems to increase the lowest value after some short time of using the fcb so tuner mode becomes impossible without resetting the fcb. Occasionally, if you manually change to tuner mode and back again to performance mode the audio of the kemper completely cuts out needing a reset. Testing with 2.8 I also have the same problem except I haven't been able to make the sound cut off yet.

• Nice to read some of your comments. I'm using U4K v1.3a and I've been having trouble getting my pedal to activate and stay in tuner-mode consistently. Even leaving a gap in the heel position hasn't helped that much. Latest 2.7.3 firmware also seems to increase the lowest value after some short time of using the fcb so tuner mode becomes impossible without resetting the fcb. Occasionally, if you manually change to tuner mode and back again to performance mode the audio of the kemper completely cuts out needing a reset. Testing with 2.8 I also have the same problem except I haven't been able to make the sound cut off yet.

Open your FCB to see If one of the internal LED's that are controlling the pedals are working improperly.
    Happened to me and made pedal behaviour completely unpredictable.