Diezel Herbert revisited

• Hi!

My latest profiling session with my Diezel Herbert is on the rig exchange!

I used my Diezel 4x12" frontloaded cab with Celestions G12K100 speakers, which are significantly tighter and way aore focused than V30s. They feel a bit stiff and are harder to play, but I love to use them because of their prescision und deadly punch!

This time I used three mics, mainly a Sure SM7b off center, and additionally a Heil PR40, dead center, to support the attacks, and a MXL R144 ribbon 30cm in front of the cab to add some warmth.

I profiled the clean channel (_1) and the second one in "minus" setting (_2-).
    For the second channel in "plus" setting (_2+) and the third channel (_3) I additionally used a Tubescreamer as a booster (TS) and a TC electronic Booster + line driver and distortion pedal(TC)
    I myself am very pleased with the results, so far these are the closest to my live sound.

So I hope you find some use for these profiles - have fun! :)

8)

PS: greetings to my trusty one star rater, within 5 minutes after uploading you were able to show your hate for three profiles! Not bad, but I know you can do better! You´ll get another chance in the near future.....
    :wacko:

• I haven't tried these profiles yet but I need to say something. I have NEVER come across a profile that I think deserved a 1 star rating (granted I haven't downloaded any profiles within the last 2-3 months). I have played several profiles from r_u_sirius before and I think they all sounded good. I find it pretty demeaning to 1 star something within 5 minutes of having it posted. 5 minutes isn't even enough time to test out the profiles. I wish you the best of luck on these profiles and hope you get some real ratings. I will try them out when I get the chance.

• Great job! Thanks.

BTW, I gave 5 star ratings on the cleaner profiles (which I love, and will keep and play). I'm over 600 profiles, and I'm trying to be selective.

I don't rate profiles that don't fit my playing style. But, these are all high quality profiles. Any low rating on these profiles is ridiculous.

• PS: greetings to my trusty one star rater, within 5 minutes after uploading you were able to show your hate for three profiles! Not bad, but I know you can do better! You´ll get another chance in the near future.....

This behaviour means that you do something right and someone is jealous of your work, so never give up and don't worry, haters gonna hate! Thanks for the profiles, i will check them when i'll go home after my work!

• I checked your profiles. They are the best! Definitely someone jealous. This may not be rated as a one star! Regardless of the style of music.
    Your "Diezel Herbert" my favorite - five stars and thanks for the work.

• This behaviour means that you do something right and someone is jealous of your work, so never give up and don't worry, haters gonna hate! Thanks for the profiles, i will check them when i'll go home after my work!

Yup this. One star rating to me equates to "no one anywhere ever would have a use for this" which is practically impossible unless the profile is nothing but white noise.

Thanks for the profiles! I sold my Herbert so these will come in handy. :)

• r.u.sirius's profiles are certainly among the best profiles around.
    Giving 1-star rates is ridiculous and simply shabby, period.
    I'd be in favour of a simple 'like' system.
    That would be much more appropriate.

Right, his stuff is among my Top5 free profiles. The "like" system would cause far less trouble...

• I've just tested them and they definitely are worth more than one star. I like the Herbert_3 a lot, and as with the Shiva rigs i think i will like them even more when i apply some little tweaks to suit my axe.

• Definitely worth more than 1 star but I will admit that I find these profiles (the higher gain ones) overly dark, round, smooth...whatever the choice adjective may be. So much so that I wouldn't have much use for them, especially in a recorded mix.

Just not my cup of tea, though. Everybody's got their own opinion. Thanks for uploading them. Maybe I'll have to try them again with a different cab.

• Thanks for sharing!
    Haven't heard many great diezel profiles so looking forward to these!

PS: greetings to my trusty one star rater, within 5 minutes after uploading you were able to show your hate for three profiles! Not bad, but I know you can do better! You´ll get another chance in the near future.....

yeah I have a one star fan of my profiles also but I'm pretty certain who mine is lol

• Definitely worth more than 1 star but I will admit that I find these profiles (the higher gain ones) overly dark, round, smooth...whatever the choice adjective may be. So much so that I wouldn't have much use for them, especially in a recorded mix.

Just not my cup of tea, though. Everybody's got their own opinion. Thanks for uploading them. Maybe I'll have to try them again with a different cab.

but that´s how a Diezel Herbert sounds, this round and full distortion with a punchy focus on the lower mids. Quite different that a 5150 or a Engl Powerball.
    The G12K100 cab supports this sound even more.
    I love that!!! :love: 8)

But you´re completely right, some like a profile, some don´t, and that´s perfectly fine!

I´ve seen many profiles at the rig exchange lately which got a one star rating right after their release, some of mine, some others. Seems like someone´s applying his method of bashing other´s profiles....eh, whatever...

Let me thank you all for the nice words and for checking out my profiles. Again, great to hear that some find them useful!
    :thumbup:

• LO I have held this day in my heart when such profiles would grace the lands. Alas! I cannot rock out on this eve. Such sorrow, but before the next dawn the merciless assault of sweet shred, and the barage of riffs. Yea unto thee, r.u.sirius. Long shall be your name be sung to the heavens.