Rig Manager 1.0 public beta

• Loving it so far.

One thing I['d like to see on the rig manager to help with maintaining what's on the machine and what's off is is a simply checkbox next to each rig in the list and in the inspector to say "On Kemper", unchecked it offloads (saves) the rig to the local rig library if it doesn't exist there yet in it's latest form (or if it's a rig exchange rig offers a window asking if you want to upload it), checked it loads it onto the Kemper.

This would also help us with seeing what's already on there when looking at the local library and rig exchange.

The other thing is when sorting by Rig Name and jumping to an entry by typing e.g. M to jump to the start of the M's , it would be nice if it would allow multiple key entry so you type ME to e.g. jump to the first Mesa rig or MA to jump to the first Marshall, so like the file explorer.

• Do i need to connect the kemper with a lan cable?

It's a MySQL server parameter "max_user_connections" and we have obviously max'ed it out already, hehe

Again (from above):
    I wonder if the Rig Exchange Import could be handled differently. Like downloading a tarball that contains all rigs and which is generated on the server every 1 hour? This should reduce the server load considerably.

at least we are going down in stye :thumbup: - we need to analyze this tomorrow. the design was made with many users in mind. at the same time, this is why a public beta test equals a soft launch.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Loving it so far.

One thing I['d like to see on the rig manager to help with maintaining what's on the machine and what's off is is a simply checkbox next to each rig in the list and in the inspector to say "On Kemper", unchecked it offloads (saves) the rig to the local rig library if it doesn't exist there yet in it's latest form (or if it's a rig exchange rig offers a window asking if you want to upload it), checked it loads it onto the Kemper.

This would also help us with seeing what's already on there when looking at the local library and rig exchange.

per, if you select the location "all rigs" the list view adds a column indicating where a rig is located.
    gs

• Quote from G String

at least we are going down in stye :thumbup: - we need to analyze this tomorrow.

Yes, no problem. I think we're all aware that it's still beta. :)
    May I suggest that you not only consider an uncompressed and automatically generated (crontab) tarball, but also use e.g. gzip compression to reduce bandwidth? Either by *.tar.gz or by using Apache's gzip compression using mod_deflate

• The other thing is when sorting by Rig Name and jumping to an entry by typing e.g. M to jump to the start of the M's , it would be nice if it would allow multiple key entry so you type ME to e.g. jump to the first Mesa rig or MA to jump to the first Marshall, so like the file explorer.

that's pretty much what the search field in the upper right corner is for ;)

• I bet KPA HQ thought it would be quieter later on... We never sleep when new KPA releases are concerned... :)
    Gentleman, let's form an orderly queue and perhaps we won't break the server :)
    I promise not to try and connect for the next 15 mins...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I fail to check this website for a 2 hour period for the first time in a fortnight and a 7 page thread comes up about the very thing I've been waiting for :)

Have to say that my first impressions on this are to say a massive 'Well Done' to the team. Yes, the server has gone down but they'll fix that. Just having the complete list in front of me to preview with such ease is wonderful. Never mind rig exchange, I've just found a couple of rigs I had on my Kemper that have now gone into favourites that I would never have found using the front panel. This is very nice!

Thank you x1000!!

• I bet KPA HQ thought it would be quieter later on... We never sleep when new KPA releases are concerned...
    Gentleman, let's form an orderly queue and perhaps we won't break the server
    I promise not to try and connect for the next 15 mins...

ha. we should have released it tomorrow when the olympics start ;) - btw: if you uncheck "use rig exchange" in the preferences you can at least work for now ...
    gs

• Hey gang, if you managed to get the rig exchange content before the server max'ed out, you can safely disable "Use Rig Exchange" without losing all rigs you already downloaded. Only downside is, that the Rig Exchange folder will disappear as long as this setting is set to off. When you switch it back on, the rigs will be there.

For those who want to see where all the content is stored, open Explorer and type %AppData%\Kemper Amps\RigManager in the address bar of the Explorer. You will see a .RigExchange.db file which contains all rigs and data. Although it's very easy to edit (and export) the data in RigExchange, some might feel the need to open this *.db file for example in SQLite Manager, which is a free AddOn for Firefox. Works like butter.

• One more piece of info that is good to know:
    If you sync'ed your Profiler with Rig Exchange, the whole set of rigs is stored in the same place mentioned above. BUT BE AWARE that the filename of this database consists of your Profiler's serial number! So even if it's tempting for some to share things they shouldn't share with others (which I hope nobody will do!), you don't want to share the serial number of your Profiler for sure. It can cost you the access to your nice seat in Kemper Theatre (and more).