need help setting up your Wah in the Profiler? do you own a rare Wah? let me know.

• BTW - I really LIKE the idea of a pinned post for wah settings.

Great Idea :thumbup:
    Would be very helpfull . Would be great also for effect presets!

BTW: If it would have a form like a Table then ist would be easy to read , to compare.and to find because of no small talk :rolleyes:

• Ha ha ha!

I felt sorry for you, being all alone in that category, matey. I was hoping someone would join you just so you wouldn't be alone.

Wanna jump ship... I mean, wagons? :D

No, I'm fine as a loner! 8) Actually, this isn't a big deal one way or the other. As long as just ONE list is maintained and I can find it, I'm all for it!

• Pretty sure the mods can make any post a sticky. Wonder if they'll be willing to?
    Anyway Nicky, in the worst case you can store the URL and use that... I used to do so for the wiKPA thread.

Also, TBH I'm missing why the hell you'd need a majority's approval in order to start a thread... it's an initiative of yours, the worse perspective scenario being someone will not visit it... but its utility is out of discussion in my book :)

• I tried to make my Kemper sound like my Cantrell wah. Bringing one pedal is easier than bringing two...

the settings I found worked were:

manual: 3.5
    peak: 7.8
    pedal range: + 25 %
    peak range: - 38 %
    mix 96 %

it isn't a 1:1, but it sounds convincing. The Dunlop isn't as "digital perfect" in the sweep as the Kemper, and the ME exp pedal (the EP1-KP) that I have has a much wider sweep than the JC-95.

The sweep is the thing I love the most on the real thing. It's pretty narrow, but it feels awesome. You're never "off" anywhere in the sweep.

The knob setting I use on the Dunlop is with the knob sliiiiightly off-center, towards the more high end setting.

• Thank you, dahla! Will take care of this soon, if not now.

Great Idea :thumbup:
    Would be very helpfull . Would be great also for effect presets!

BTW: If it would have a form like a Table then ist would be easy to read , to compare.and to find because of no small talk :rolleyes:

Harry, if I create a thread it'll always be the first post, so it'd at least be easy to find.

I'm thinking of condensing the parameters by removing the spacings between lines. I used them initially 'cause I thought it'd help prevent folks from losing their places whilst manually copying them across to their KPAs. As the list grows 'though, any benefits derived from that initiative give way more and more to the utility of perhaps its' being easier to navigate after condensation.

Good luck translating / understanding that, matey! :D I just couldn't express that one in the manner in which I usually talk to you; sorry mate!

Also, I might present them in alphabetical order rather than order of appearance; that would help with your other concern, Harry, about comparing / finding stuff. For now 'though, as there are only a dozen or so, I'll leave that aspect of things alone.

Lastly, I don't know what a "Table" is Harry, other than something that's capable of supporting a KPA.

GianfrancBro', please elucidate. You're speaking hieroglyphics to a landlubber, matey.

-------------------------------------------

Updated the settings list with Cantrell by dahla
    Revised and corrected all update comments and links posted so far.
    Condensed parameter listings for overall neatness and ease of scanning by eye.

------------------------------------
    Kemper Wah-settings List

• Lastly, I don't know what a "Table" is Harry, other than something that's capable of supporting a KPA.

A table is a form of representation of information or values equal importance in compressed form.
    In this example, the values are diced. (I needed to make point to keep the distances constant)

Designation..| ..manual....|..peak pedal..|..range peak....|... range........|.... mix......|.....Remarks (Author etc.)
    AAA ...............|......3.5.........|..... 2.8........... |......+ 25 % ........| ....- 40 %.... .| ...96 % ....|.... ABCD
    BBB ...............|......3.2.........|..... 2.1........... |......+ 35 % ........| ....- 50 %.... .| ...90 % ....|.... EFGH

But this is only a formal question. My past as technician sometime makes its way to the surface. ;)

More important is that you collected and published it. For this I am thankful. :thumbup:

When you make a new thread with the values in the opening post which could be pinned by a mod would be great for me.
    If it will not pinned than a link to the relevant posting with your collected datas could be inserted in your signation.
    That's good enough as long as you make posting diligent as now. :)

Edited 4 times, last by Sharry ().

• Ah... a table - yeah, I gotcha, Harry.

The problem with them is that, IMHO, if you're looking at a screen and then your KPA, going back and forth whilst entering the parameters, it's easy to lose track of which line you're looking at. With the new, condensed way I've done the list, each set of settings appears as a neat little cluster below a "bold" title.

On the link-in-signature thing, I absolutely need the 3 lines I'm already using, and I was told by a mod to trim its height down (was 5 lines). Since compacting it I've done my best to ignore the sometimes-ridiculous sizes of other members' signatures; I don't want to feel as if I was singled out for the "transgression".

Still sweatin' on which line I could sacrifice, but it might be an idea for those of us who have the space in our signatures to place the link there; it'd make the settings all-the-more accessible to noobs and other members alike.

Thank you for going to all that trouble to illustrate what a table is, brother! Much appreciated, Harry.

EDIT:
    Line sacrificed in sig. Wah-settings link added.

Kemper Wah-settings List

• Ah... a table - yeah, I gotcha, Harry. ..
    The problem with them is that, IMHO, if you're looking at a screen and then your KPA, then the screen, going back and forth, it's easy to lose track of which line you're looking at.
    Make sense? Whereas with the new, condensed way I've done the list, each set of settings appears as a neat little cluster below a "bold" title. .

Ha, the technician would use the possibility of marking the line with the mouse. (but also possible with more lines.) ^^

But anyway every form which collects data in a concentrated form helps very much.
    So thanks again.

Nicky, take it easy. To talk about music is almost never a talk about proofable facts and figures.
    It's always a matter of opinions and feelings which we can express but do not need to prove or share.
    It is seldom free of friction to talk about opinions except to talking about of the same opinion. :)
    Let's stay human and not perfect - Harry

• Who made the:
    Bob Weir?
    I had to change it, cause it has a very late action if the guitar-volume (humbucker) is not full at 10. Maybe the Wah is for a particular sound (EMG, Shaddows?). Could this be checked again?
    So I changed to:
    Manual 5.6

Peak 7.7

Pedal Range -79%

Peak Range -77%

Pedal Mode: Touch

Mix 100%

Ducking 0.0

Touch Attack 2.0

Touch Release 0.5

Touch Boost 0.8

Volume +0.5

• And now the Custom Audio Electronics MXR Mc-404 WahWah

[Blocked Image: http://www.jimdunlop.com/images/products/MC404CAEWah-11.png]

Manual 3.7

Peak 8.6

Pedal Range +30%

Peak Range -49%

Pedal Mode: Bypass @ Toe

Mix 95%

Ducking 0.0

Volume +0.0

In my opinion it is a very nice one, because its well-balanced. ^^

• GianfrancBro', please elucidate. You're speaking hieroglyphics to a landlubber, matey.

LOL

Just store the thread's address if they don't make it a sticky. You can save the page as an entry of your browser's bookmarks manager, or just save the txt string (for this thread it would be similar to https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…postID=312794&#post312794) in any editor\clipboard\notewriter. You'll be able to paste it back and retrieve the thread wherever it has been buried down

:)

• Let's stay human and not perfect - Harry

Impossible! I hear you, Harry. ;)

I'm for a locked settings thread as well. So count me in

Done, Whippin'Boy... I mean, Whippin'Bro'! :D

Who made the:
    Bob Weir?
    I had to change it, cause it has a very late action if the guitar-volume (humbucker) is not full at 10. Maybe the Wah is for a particular sound (EMG, Shaddows?). Could this be checked again?

Well that's the only thing with the touch wah: it depends on the output level of the guitar;)

I take it this is sorted then? If not, I could place Kulle's alternative settings straight after it.

Also, I'll see if I can determine who wrote it. OK, I've used this opportunity to scour the entire thread and insert all the credits I can find. This one's by flyingheelhook. ;)

I wonder if it could be archived as a conventional, non-touch-wah preset. Hmm... I tell you what, I'll post it that way anyway, with the touch setting at a popular value.

Done! Thank you, Kulle, and well done mate.

LOL

Just store the thread's address if they don't make it a sticky. You can save the page as an entry of your browser's bookmarks manager, or just save the txt string (for this thread it would be similar to need help setting up your Wah in the Profiler? do you own a rare Wah? let me know.) in any editor\clipboard\notewriter. You'll be able to paste it back and retrieve the thread wherever it has been buried down :)

Thanks GB. I'm not worried about accessing or storing the link; that's one thing this landlubber can do. :D

My concern is only for our fellow Kemperites, and their ability to locate the list. I'm just a punk with toilet water behind his ears, and I matter not! :D

Tally so far:

For Discrete Thread
    Gianfranco
    Kulle
    Gary

For Discrete, Pinned Thread
    Harry
    Sam Brox, (by a mod?)
    Paul
    whippinpost91850

Against Discrete Thread
    dpeters95

Updated the settings list:

Added CAE MC404 by Kulle Wumpenteich
    Added Eltzejupp's (Frank) Wah Settings, Posted Elsewhere and Shared by Sharry (Harry) - somehow missed by everyone
    Corrected spelling errors.
    Added various authors' comments
    Reordered some sets for type grouping
    Restructured comments for grammatical correctness
    Added and / or renamed alternate sets, and highlighted minor tweaks to originals in blue
    Credited all sets except for 535Q (Option I), which I can't find having scanned the thread three times. Prsgary said, when he shared them, "The 535Q position 1 settings someone else had posted were...".

His post: Jun 24th 2015

At this point I'm almost convinced the settings were either deleted or appeared in a different thread.

Still to do:
    Alphabetical listing, but some reordering done today.

Kemper Wah-settings List

• Well done Monkey! A pinned thread I can support, too.
    I think we have a very nice collection now. But 3-4 important Wahs we need nevertheless:
    An Ibanez - WH10V2 of the 80s. I have one on the loft. Maybe I'm looking for. The Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon. The Morley of the late 70s (its on my loft, too). A very imortant machine of the 70s in my eyes the Fuzz Wau-Wau of Elk/Selmer/Ibanez/Bruno/Mica/Diamond (Get it on the loft but its damaged). And the Colorsound of the late 60s, naturally!
    My tip: Look and search on your lofts and cellars, please! ^^

• Well done Monkey! A pinned thread I can support, too.

Preference moved accordingly.

+1 for pinned thread. Great info and thank you for compiling it all MM!

Hey, no worries man; I've got nothing better to do anyway.

Added you to "Pinned" tally.

Tally so far:

For Discrete Thread
    Gary
    Gianfranco

For Discrete, Pinned Thread
    Harry
    Kulle
    Netheravon
    Paul
    Sam Brox, (by a mod?)
    whippinpost91850

Against Discrete Thread
    dpeters95

Kemper Wah-settings List

• So, I posted it earlier, I've got a Morley Tremonti Wah which I would like to replicate. It's a nice one for high gain leads and ambience stuff. I've made the noise files in both positions and sent them to Don but I think he is too busy. :) So I'd like to try this on my own. How do you do that? Send the white noise through the Kemper again and than try around the settings until it matches the recorded files as close as possible (by ear and measurement)?

• So, I posted it earlier, I've got a Morley Tremonti Wah which I would like to replicate. It's a nice one for high gain leads and ambience stuff. I've made the noise files in both positions and sent them to Don but I think he is too busy. :) So I'd like to try this on my own. How do you do that? Send the white noise through the Kemper again and than try around the settings until it matches the recorded files as close as possible (by ear and measurement)?

That sounds like a good place to start, at least :)