Phasing issues on 2.4 (Official release) and Atomic CLR

• Hi,

I noticed something weird on 2.4 (Official Release). I have been in the studio filming a new instructional DVD/Video and I used my Atomic CLR powered wedge (Monitor out and Cab enabled of course) during the shoot and mains (L/R) go directly to the board. As I was playing, I noticed phasing coming from the speaker. Talked to the engineer and he said he didn't notice anything in the control room.

Anyone experienced phasing issues on 2.4? I did a system initialization but it stayed.

Photos of the set up etc are on my twitter...German's Twitter

• yes, the phasing came through the CLR speaker while playing...and no, I have no recording of the speaker; it wasn't miced. The engineer said that he didn't noticed anything on the recording but it was highly distracting to hear a continuos changing sound like a flanger going on.

• I experienced a strange sound when testing cabs.
    It's like a phasey issue, it comes in the background and disapears.
    I have more than 1000 rigs and i though it comes from there. I started to delete rigs.

• Sorry for my ignorance , where 2.4 official release could be find ?
    There is only 2.4 .1 public beta currently , or I am wrong .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Sorry for my ignorance , where 2.4 official release could be find ?
    There is only 2.4 .1 public beta currently , or I am wrong .

There is only the 2.4.1 public beta available or you can download the latest 2.3.x version (I believe) and use that. The only issue is that the rig manager requires 2.4.1 to work.

• yes, the phasing came through the CLR speaker while playing...and no, I have no recording of the speaker; it wasn't miced. The engineer said that he didn't noticed anything on the recording but it was highly distracting to hear a continuos changing sound like a flanger going on.

Let's narrow things down.
    A mono signal, such as the one going into the CLR (IIRC) cannot have phase issues by definition.

If you heard the flanging while moving your head, it's the CLR's fault and shouldn't be different between FW versions. Maybe you were sitting too close and the CLR doesn't respond well on axis when you're close?
    If you heard flanging while holding still... Well, that would be weird.
    The fact that your tech didn't notice anything still suggests a problem with the CLR, though.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• There was a official release of 2.4 a few weeks ago. It was downgraded to beta again a few days later. I was sitting completely still in from of the wedge as we were filming my new book and video for Alfred Publishing. I never had issues with the CLR and nothing in my set up changed. I noticed the phasing/flanging many times while playing. I guess there was no such issue coming from the mains as I had mentioned when I asked the engineer.

I'll keep an eye and ear open in the future; hopefully it was just me

• I would have done the initialization too, but if that didn't work, go to 2.4.1 and see if it goes away.

If not, ask for 2.3.3

I was surprised to find today that backups do NOT go to the OS you had during the backup. They are just setting/rig/snapshop/cab/preset backups!

• Ha! Not old enough to have used that drug ;) but yes, it was weird!

I sat in front of it and the phasey sound was driving me insane!

So here are the bullet points:

- sat in front of it, same distance and position consistently
    - affected all sounds
    - no phase or flange FX was used
    - no issue on the main outs
    - OS used was 2.4 with 718 rigs
    - all cables were new
    - System was initialized but problem persisted

db9091 can you explain your back up discovery?

Thanks!

• No return to the wedge...simple KPA monitor out to wedge and mains to board. No signal was sent to the wedge other than the KPAs original sound. And that's all I was hearing. I had an in ear monitor but it only had a click track on it.

• Does this happen in Headphones?

My troubleshooting starts with headphones to look for true KPA aberrance.

Does it happen in Headphones and the CLR, or just the CLR and NOT headphones?

• Didn't check with headphones; it was the same set up as on my studio...I was set in staging area with the CLR and remote control room was getting the mains. I had an in ear monitor but only the click track was send. I'll try with headphones and see if it is there too