Are You Still Happy With the Kemper after a Few Months

• Just wondering if those of you who have had a Kemper are still happy with it after
    using it for a while?

• Hi Alan: Are you still that indecisive? ;)
    Have you bought the Kemper after Christmas?

I remember these threads:
    Buy Now or Wait?
    Should I Get a Kemper?
    Should I Get a Kemper Part 2 With Demo

What do you expect to get as opinions?
    This is the Kemper forum after all.
    In case you haven't tried the profiler yourself:
    I'm afraid one day you'll have to pull the trigger and try yourself what the Kemper can do for you. ;)

• Well i bought a Blackstar ID30 Amp to use the direct Out for recording,but now i have bought
    a PRS Custom 22 guitar and i think it deserves something better.

Yes i was going to buy one at Christmas but stocks were very low.

I asked to be informed when stock arrived,only to be told that they only
    had 1 available,and as i was about to place the order,they sold it.

• Thanks for posting this question ... This spares me from writing one of the many "This is the best gear I have ever bought" posts that you will find all over the forum. I really felt writing on of these too, but felt it was cheezy, but then it isn't ...

Here my answer:
    This really _is_ the best gear I have ever bought ! :P

I have it for more than 2 years now - still own a Fender Blues Junior, previously owned a MS JCM900, Rivera M60 and a Mesa V-Twin. I feel it is really easy to get great sounds and to match them by ear to my favorite songs - I play a Telecaster, a PRS Studio & 408 and use the KPA with Behringer FCB1010 Midi board (Uno4Kemper chip) and a Yamaha DXR-12 (I should have bought the DXR-10).

The authentic tone and feel of a tube amp is really what is standing out for me with this product - just imagine playing through a cranked tube amp at wife-friendly volumes and for recording without having to have a perfect room with mic's etc. I do recommend a neutral FRFR speaker to make use of profiles with cab emulation - this means more flexibility in tone and easier for live use (no mics) - if you can get over that specific directional-guitar-speaker-pushing-air thing that simply feels, but doesn't really sound different when your audience is listening over PA. I love being able to play to backing tracks through the same (neutral FRFR) PA speaker and hook up a microphone for small sessions ! == Checkout the (free) Marshall Golub Crunch profile or And44's LP-JTM-Cranked profile or his Bassman Clean+ profile or Okstrat's (Pete's) (free) Friedman's or Marshall Silver Jubilee profiles ==

I find the KPA has also very solid effects for live use (especially the modulation effects, pitch shifting, great Wah, ...) and some great other unique effects too. I am however looking at a Strymon BigSky and the Timeline for an even awesomer Reverbaration and Dual Delay FX.

The KPA comes with most of the flexibility of the digital age. Having said that you do not feel like you have to program a computer - i really dig the mainly non-digital and familiar amp interface that can also go deep if I need it too. For example, I highly recommend the Amp parameters (Definition, etc.) to adapt the sound and feel of different guitars and amps - these parameters are really awesome.

• Thanks giletti,can't say fairer than that,great reply.

I must just say that I won't be using a cab,I will direct inject into my
    Focusrite interface,but I think that's what the Kemper is good at.

• Ditto! :)

• Been having it for a bit more than 8 months now, and I've lost count on how many times I told other guitarplayers that it is the best thing I ever bought for guitar.

I don't have a real amp at home, only at the rehearsal space, so I didn't play that much guitar at home, apart from writing and recording.
    Now everytime I fire it up, I gotta make sure to have 1-3hrs available haha

• Extremely vintage and conservative guy here .
    Why ?
    Because I am 59 , because I had my first gig back in 1968 in my age of 13 , because I played and owned lots of real amps in the last 4 decades .
    I am witness of amp and guitar technology improvements and custodian of vintage values over all of these years.

Regarding guitars I ended up with few Tom Anderson's .
    Once you play one and get used to it , you will understand why Bentley is simply ultimate car .
    Every other car after Bentley is simply a fake, read this analogy very clear.

I am enough lucky do do not ask for the price , I'm asking for quality , and joy coming pout of it.
    No price tag for that.

Amps ?

I do not like digital sound , I hate digital devices in Rock'n Roll , I like natural valve amps ,natural smell of burning tubes in Vox AC 30 top bust .
    I like those 5 minutes they need to get warmed up.
    I like to wait for that.
    I like that hishhhhh in non master volume Marshall , I like and I do remember that specific romantic sound of Davoli . Meazi and Dynacord , and so on and so on....

So , such an old fart is telling you (after 2 years of having this device ) stop to split a hair , buy the damn thing , play , get into sound heaven .
    There is your Holly Grail Tone .

Or just give up and shut up !
    But don't tell me I didn't told you what is this Kemper thing all about !
    Good luck . :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• Anybody reminded of that movie Grumpy Old Men? Hey. Im turning 60 in a few weeks so I CAN make jokes about this subject :P:)

• He Las Vegas, my generation !
    You will understand me .
    After so many years I don't give a fuck about lots of things , except for my youth .

It happen that KPA is treasure of amps I know from the ancient times , keeping all of those sounds from the past , first gigs, first groupie girls, first fuck behind the stage , flower generation, freedom .........and such a boolshits for which we fought and never won the war against establishment .
    But, we did tried , at least.

In the same time it is treasure of new youth , since my Son, 20 years old guitarist (phenomenal one btw) can have the sound of Steve Vai, Pablo Gilberto or John Petrucci or all of those new metal and trash shits on the simple command . :thumbup:

KPA is Rock'n Roll Time Machine , nothing more nothing less .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• Yeah, I am with the sound, very happy, although a good tube amp is still better fro playing live. Not very confident in reliability after my problems with LCD and wobbly pots, still have this thought that it can break at any time, no matter how irrational it may be.

• I've only had my KPA for less than 2 months but have been confident enough to start selling most of my old guitar amp/effects.......

So far I've shed:

Flashback x4
    Buzz Electronics midi programmable looper
    Sansamp GT2
    Boss CH1, PH2, GE-7
    Korg Pitchblack
    Gig Rig Wetbox
    Radial Bigshot ABY
    MXR Phase 90
    Digitech Digidelay
    Fulltone 2 Mosfet Drive
    Diago Powerstation
    Pedaltrain PT-3
    Roland Bolt 100

That's a lot of stuff to let go, and gives an idea of how complex my set up was.....I probably have a similar amount (slightly less) of stuff left to get rid of....

I guess that's a show of confidence in the KPA. It also gives me a little under £1000 GBP in my paypal account.....it could go towards the cost of the KPA but I can't help thinking that if I shed some more.....including an amp and a guitar I don't need......maybe I'd get a Vigier or Suhr......eg the guitar of my dreams...... :)

GAS rules!

Cheers,
    Andy

• Bought my Kemper Toaster in 2011 - love it since day one until now - get's better and better with each new profile (amp sound) and firmware update (GUI and effects).

Today I got an additional Kemper Rack - so yes, I seam to love this thing a lot!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Regarding guitars I ended up with few Tom Anderson's .
    Once you play one and get used to it , you will understand why Bentley is simply ultimate car .

If Tom Andersons are the best guitars in the world, then what are the second best guitars in the world?

Before you answer here's a clue, begins with T and ends with I. :thumbup:

You're too old to carry a real solid Les Paul around your neck, you can only handle a lightweight "Bulldog". :D